Bugatti Veyron take off

barchetta7550

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0-100 is difficult to do so fast (<2s)for a F1, as it will just spin if gives too much throttle. But for 0-200, 0-300, 1/4miles time, F1 will dust Veyron..........

F1 1kg has ~1.5hp pushing, while Veyron has 0.5xhp only....... nearly a triple...

But again, Veyron is not designed for race, as a road car, it is really fast like HELL. :prayer:

i agree with you.

really, it's faster than a F1 ! sure it has just 1001 hp :D ?

Officially, 1001hp. Unofficially more like 1100hp. They stuck with 1001hp for marketing reasons as this figure as what they originally intended.

But, holy cow! How fast was that?! I'm looking forward to seeing my first Veyron at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Can't wait! :) Valentino is also doing demonstration rides in the LP.

the veyron IS faster than an F1 car that is limited by both drag as well as (I believe) gearing. they have no reason to go over ~220 as I recall, anything beyond that is waisted acceleration potential.

murclovr-

We are not talking top speed now, we are talking acceleration. And a Bugatti Veyron does not accelerate faster than an F1. IF it did, then all the teams might as well use Veyrons. There is a reason they look like they do, it's because they are optimized in every aspect. Everything that can be carbon, is carbon, and it is aerodynamicly perfect. The Veyron is a competely different story, and it doesn't even resemble an F1

Price VW builds it is 5 Million and they sell it for something over 1mllion right?

How does that work

Building one doesn't cost that much, five million €uro is the amount of money spent by VAG on developing the Veyron, divided by three hundred, the number of cars that are planned to be sold. In their opinion that makes each car worth five milion, which is a complete bullshit.

Price VW builds it is 5 Million and they sell it for something over 1mllion right?

How does that work

Building one doesn't cost that much, five million €uro is the amount of money spent by VAG on developing the Veyron, divided by three hundred, the number of cars that are planned to be sold. In their opinion that makes each car worth five milion, which is a complete bullshit.

It's not 5 million divided on 300, it's 5 million TIMES 300. 1.5 billion is the total of what the entire development of the car and the production of the 300 cars will cost. Which makes each car cost VAG 5 million to produce. Very rough numbers I guess, but you get the idea.

Why did VAG do this? To prove they have the greatest engineers in the world, plus it gives the entire corporation new technology to play with.

Uhm... Read carefully what I wrote.

"Five million €uro is the amount of money spent by VAG on developing the Veyron, divided by three hundred, the number of cars that are planned to be sold."

Ergo, 5 M € = amount of money spent by VAG on developing the Veyron/300

• 2 weeks later...

I just went to Troy Lambo (with bodyguards) and they had the Veyron that's been making the rounds in all the magazines in the last month. I was surprised how small it was. We got to sit in it; kind of Countach-like with the big trans tunnel and nice seats. A bit plain inside, almost a "chrysler concept vehicle" feel to it, and with high, bathtub door sills. BIG, BIG air scoops out the rear window. Otherwise, ugly, ugly, ugly.

Is it just me? What's with the front bonnet? It looks like a diaper. And the doors look like they were ripped off a second-hand Viper. Buy a car like that and you'll need 1001 HP to escape all the ugly chicks that suddenly think they have a chance with you...

I'd rather have an Enzo that's being pushed by a Veyron. Buy a car like that and you'll need 1001 HP to escape all the ugly chicks that suddenly think they have a chance with you...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry i cant stop laughing!

thats truly how fast the car really is, that is the fastest car i have ever driven.... bugatti claims that at a stand still the bugatti will catch up to a mclaren f1 even with a 100mph head start and reach top speed faster..........

• 2 weeks later...

its amazing how a naturally aspirated engined car (mclaren f1) that was made 10 years ago, can still be compared to a W16 quad turbo beast.... hehe.

Guest skokos
its amazing how a naturally aspirated engined car (mclaren f1) that was made 10 years ago, can still be compared to a W16 quad turbo beast.... hehe.
that is awesome,almost half the horsepower as well! mclaren:627 hp,Bugatti 1001hp and ive heard possibly almost 1030 hp

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...