inches from pulling trigger

Ciao Baby

What do you think? I need a track car and this 360CH / GT hybrid is calling my name.I might be owner by this evening. I am so on the fence on whether or not I will enjoy this more than the Ford gt. FIgure this is an absolute track machine while the GT is a cheap HP king with minor money in mods that could also perform quite well on the track

not a stradale (I head one) this one is actually a challenge car (race only verison) with many of the upgrades on the GT car

///MK

all kidding aside; I would probably get a Plastic mess-06 so that u can throw it away when your done, the ferrari is very nice, as is a porsche cup car etc; but for tracking alone, the abuse may not be worth it. have u considered and exige?

I thought of the POS and the Ford GT. I refuse to pay over sticker for a POS even though I will probably get one eventually. One of the biggest issues I have with the Ford/Chevy is that I do not have a personnel relationship with a crew that has experiance tracking such an animal (like we have here at the local dealership). Ferrari makes a great track car that I fit comfortably into both skill wise and size wise (ever try to fit a big guy into en exige? now imagine it with a padded roll bar.)

I have taken my previous CS to the track a couple of times and now kick myself for getting rid of it. I do not care for most ferrari owners and most of ferrari street cars outside of the F40,enzo and the race cars but it is a little known secret that many fcar race equivelant are actually a bargain compared to the road cars. It just doesnt make sence for me to cruise around in near 400k cars when I a playing around and only have a $50-75k track toy. I really think that tracking a car is one of the joys of life for those with the passion for it (I am pretty sure it is genetic). For me to beat the snot out of a tracked prepped ferrari seams about right. I Wish that there was more (or any) factory support from Lambo.

:D

Personally, Id get a POS, or a Ford Gt over the 360. But, you could always buy an early Gallardo, and gut it. Do the lambo, youll have everyone rooting for you.

Ill think about it. I keep hearing teasers about a Gallardo gt. if they make it I will have one of the first ones around. Or if King Erik ever felt like selling one of his Diablo GT's to a loving home.....

And again I will probably pick up this car AND a gt or POS but I want a true race car for track days. (corportate write off and all)

Ill think about it. I keep hearing teasers about a Gallardo gt. if they make it I will have one of the first ones around. Or if King Erik ever felt like selling one of his Diablo GT's to a loving home.....

And again I will probably pick up this car AND a gt or POS but I want a true race car for track days. (corportate write off and all)

Roy has a Diablo SVR for sale.

That Ferrari looks tasty, I would hit it.. :supz:

I look at race cars differently then street cars, Ferrari has one of the best racing platforms today, 10x better then any Lambo.

The Gallardos are not developed enough as race cars and that's the way it is, POS is a POS but it can make for a decent race car.

What about Porsche GT3 ? You can get a reasonably priced GT3 Cup and they are about the best and most affordable cars for club racing..

Normally I only read the threads here, however yesterday I had the joy of actually seeing a 360GT at Mosport in ON, Canada. And believe me, this car is awesome - the sound is just unreal!

I think they are pretty rare too, only sbout 20 made or so? - definitly pull the trigger on it.

Here are 2 videos from yesterday (quality isnt great):

Why no mention of the Viper Competition Coupe throughout this entire thread? If you'd even consider a Plastic mess-06, a dedicated Viper race car seems hard to beat.

Why no mention of the Viper Competition Coupe throughout this entire thread?  If you'd even consider a POS, a dedicated Viper race car seems hard to beat.

<-stupid

I thought of the POS and the Ford GT. I refuse to pay over sticker for a POS  even though I will probably get one eventually. One of the biggest issues I have with the Ford/Chevy is that I do not have a personnel relationship with a crew that has experiance tracking such an animal (like we have here at the local dealership). Ferrari makes a great track car that I fit comfortably into both skill wise and size wise (ever try to fit a big guy into en exige? now imagine it with a padded roll bar.)

I have taken my previous CS to the track a couple of times and now kick myself for  getting rid of it. I do not care for most ferrari owners and most of ferrari street cars outside of the F40,enzo and the race cars but  it is a little known secret that many fcar race equivelant are actually a bargain compared to the road cars.  It just doesnt make sence for me to cruise around in near 400k cars when I a playing around and only have a $50-75k track toy. I really think that tracking a car is one of the joys of life for those with the passion for it  (I am pretty sure it is genetic). For me to beat the snot out of a tracked prepped ferrari seams about right. I Wish that there was more (or any) factory support from Lambo.

:D

You make several good points, but I dont think a lot of ppl realize that the Ford GT really doesnt belong on the track IMO, its heavier, comfier and a S/C engine may not hold up so well...as for an expensive track car...hmm, have u considered a GT3 cup car or something like that? the Ferrari would be good I suppose or maybe something dedicated like a radical...not sure just how big u are tho!:)

I agree I checked out a Ultima and is is one bad ass car. now thats an idea

problem is where can I get one that is already well built

(big engine race suspension roll cage etc)

///MK

Go for the 360, not because it is better than the Ultima, because it probably isn't. But because I think you will get more fun out of it. There isn't many Ultima's out there, and it scarce with events for them. If you go the 360 you can participate in leagues and all kinds of shit :) I think you will get more driving time, and fun out of the 360.

I would go with the 360GT. It sounds absolutly amazing and I'm sure you will love it. I went for a ride in one on public streets (taped some dealer plates on) http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Ferr...B3FD1BD221A.htm

If you don't get the 360GT I would look into buying another CS. If you had so much fun with it why not look into buying another one? That is a Ferrari that is pretty much race preped already and you can drive it home after the track event. That is just my .02

a friend of mine here in OZ built an Ultima for Targa Tasmania maybe I can talk to him to see if he knows of one for sale, let me know if I can help.

I agree I checked out a Ultima and is is one bad ass car. now thats an idea

problem is where can I get one that is already well built

(big engine race suspension roll cage etc)

///MK