Mods to my Elise

AgentTripleX

I finally decided I'm going to hold on to my Lotus Elise forever and ever. It's the first car that I've had for more than 6 months, first car I paid over MSRP for, one of the first built for the US, and the first car I'm going to have out of warranty pretty soon (aside from the beater and project).

So today I ordered the following goodies:

Arqray Double Tip Stainless Steel Exhaust

TwinTip%20Stainless.jpg

http://www.sector111.com/handler.cfm?cat_i...unction=product

Sport Cat

arqraysportcat.jpg

Euro-style Grill

eurotips_large.jpg

I'll post before and after pix of my car. So far the only mods I've done are adding the Elise decal and chin gaurds on the front clamshell and swapping my interior and then two-toning it. Going to powder coat my wheels, tint the windows, and add black racing stripes. Eventually want to add mesh and the front splitter and wing. I've got the 07 3D letters for the rear, but will wait till stripes go on. Anyway, I'm excited about my new rear end for the time being. I think I'll be 5lbs lighter too. :D

Awesome selection of aftermarket goodies! I think i love you! :D Let us know how it all plays out, and how you like the ad ons.

Speaking of which, who is installing them for you? Work i assume?

AGENT-

the lotus rocks, and while the exhuast will make it throatier (if its the same as the one I heard around here roughly)...power gains are gonna be tough, as the engine is fairly "lightly" built...Im sure its doable, but a turbo kit while sound in theory...might be tricky...I guess though, you could try www.puresportscar.com I think they are all lotus guys...

Awesome selection of aftermarket goodies! I think i love you! :D Let us know how it all plays out, and how you like the ad ons.

Speaking of which, who is installing them for you? Work i assume?

Ya, afterhours.

AGENT-

the lotus rocks, and while the exhuast will make it throatier (if its the same as the one I heard around here roughly)...power gains are gonna be tough, as the engine is fairly "lightly" built...Im sure its doable, but a turbo kit while sound in theory...might be tricky...I guess though, you could try www.puresportscar.com I think they are all lotus guys...

I don't know about a turbo. I would probably kill myself. Already have one total on my record that I am lucky I walked away from in one piece. If I did upgrade power I'd go with ForceFed though. He's a client of mine.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to butt into this thread; how is the reliability/upkeep on the Elise?

I am considering buying one for the summer. I need something new to drive and this is the only car under $100,000 that I see and say, shit I really want one. Then again, may be I'll just get an s2000 and wait for a Lambo next summer (fingers crossed.)

I am considering buying one for the summer. I need something new to drive and this is the only car under $100,000 that I see and say, shit I really want one. Then again, may be I'll just get an s2000 and wait for a Lambo next summer (fingers crossed.)

the upkeep and realibility of the elise is minimal... honestly the BIGGEST thing you'll have to worry about with elise is: space issues, and convenience issues... if you can get over that... its a great car... i'm going on 20k miles strong... :eusa_dance:

This car is probably the most low maintainence car I've ever owned. I only bring it in for scheduled service every 6 months or so. I'ts so reliable. Zero problems in two and a half years of ownership. Absolutely love it. (One of my Porsches left me high and dry in the middle of a 6 lane road.) Trunk room isn't that bad. I fly a lot and can fit a carry on roller bag in the trunk. Can fit a decent amount of groceries too. I used to have two other cars along with the Lotus, but now this is my only car and I'm better than fine. Feel free to call me if you have any questions. I'm an owner and an authorized Lotus dealer.

why don't you trade your in for a lotus exige s!! I heard they are probably the world best handling car. Any info on them?

I am also thinking about getting one.

I would love to do a s/c system or some sort of turbo setup. any recommendations on

brand, price, etc...

thx

why don't you trade your in for a lotus exige s!! I heard they are probably the world best handling car. Any info on them?

I thought about it, but I want my next car to be a Lambo or a Bentley so I'm holding out. I might pick up an M3 or a GT3 prior to that time, but not sure. The Exige S has 0 visibility. The only point of the rear view mirror is to comply with American law. For the time being my Lotus is my daily driver. The Exige S is amazing though, 220hp, supercharged, 0-6 in 4.1 seconds, and 0-100 in 11 seconds. Top speed is 148mph. If you want more info, let me know, I've got a ton of information at the dealership.

I am also thinking about getting one.

I would love to do a s/c system or some sort of turbo setup. any recommendations on

brand, price, etc...

thx

hey bill,

if you wanted a FI'd (s/c) elise... i'd say get the EXIGE S.... less pain and hassle. all lotus's have their wierd unique quirks since its a hand built car. (nothing major) but you'll get wierd odds and ends come up that will be better off covered under warranty. and right now with MOST of the turbo/sc options out there on market... they're all great in power... but some are having reliability issues... one MAJOR problem is the lotus ECU tends to be REALLY tempermental... and sets of CEL and all other idle and stalling issues....

the EXIGE S outta the box is a track monster~!!!! :icon_thumleft:

hey bill,

if you wanted a FI'd (s/c) elise... i'd say get the EXIGE S.... less pain and hassle. all lotus's have their wierd unique quirks since its a hand built car. (nothing major) but you'll get wierd odds and ends come up that will be better off covered under warranty. and right now with MOST of the turbo/sc options out there on market... they're all great in power... but some are having reliability issues... one MAJOR problem is the lotus ECU tends to be REALLY tempermental... and sets of CEL and all other idle and stalling issues....

the EXIGE S outta the box is a track monster~!!!! :icon_thumleft:

*IT SEEMS SILLY TO RESPOND TO MY OWN REPLY*

anyways... i'd get one too... but i was one of the foolish people who bought the ELISE in 2005 when it first came out just cause i HAD to have one... and unforunately they tanked in value the first year... its gotten a lot better the progressive years... but the 05's ate it... so i'm stuck with the elise for sometime like a bad wife you can't divorce... :eusa_wall: (but i still have fun with it) :icon_super:

anyways... i'd get one too... but i was one of the foolish people who bought the ELISE in 2005 when it first came out just cause i HAD to have one... and unforunately they tanked in value the first year... its gotten a lot better the progressive years... but the 05's ate it... so i'm stuck with the elise for sometime like a bad wife you can't divorce... :eusa_wall: (but i still have fun with it) :icon_super:

thanks for the input. The only reason why i was thinking about a s/c elise is because of the removable top.

but if it will lead to problems I may have to deal with a fixed roof and go with a exige s.

good info, thx again.

I don't regret being one of the first to get an Elise. I didn't buy the car as an investment, I bought it to drive and enjoy. And 13,000 miles later, that's what I've been doing. :) I haven't had any mechanical problems either. Runs 100%. I blew my speakers out a couple times and had them replaced under warranty, but that's it. I'm a high maintainence customer too. All the local Porsche dealers knew me when I had my Boxsters. I was collecting frequent flier miles from all my warranty visits, lol.

thanks for the input. The only reason why i was thinking about a s/c elise is because of the removable top.

but if it will lead to problems I may have to deal with a fixed roof and go with a exige s.

good info, thx again.

The top comes off on the Exige and Exiges S. It will change the dynamics of the car though. You can even drill a couple holes and use the soft top that comes with the Elise if you want. On Elise Talk a member shows step by step how to do this as he did it to his Exige S.

I don't regret being one of the first to get an Elise. I didn't buy the car as an investment, I bought it to drive and enjoy. And 13,000 miles later, that's what I've been doing. :) I haven't had any mechanical problems either. Runs 100%. I blew my speakers out a couple times and had them replaced under warranty, but that's it. I'm a high maintainence customer too. All the local Porsche dealers knew me when I had my Boxsters. I was collecting frequent flier miles from all my warranty visits, lol.

haha... i changed out the BLAUJUNKTS (oops i mean BLAUPUNKTS) a long time ago... :icon_mrgreen:

yeah i just had little issues: leaky soft top, headliner issue, etc... nothing major... :eusa_dance:

The top comes off on the Exige and Exiges S. It will change the dynamics of the car though. You can even drill a couple holes and use the soft top that comes with the Elise if you want. On Elise Talk a member shows step by step how to do this as he did it to his Exige S.

the top is removable on the exige s?

the top is removable on the exige s?

Yes it can be taken off but generally not recommended. Appears to be a pain to put back on as well.