Anyone knows how to buy an extended warranty for BMW?

EugeneLA

Does anyone here know how to buy an extended warranty for BMW, the warranty that comes with the car only goes up to 50k miles and the extended will raise it to 100k. Has anyone here ever done it?

I purchased one at the dealership before my original ran out. I am not sure you have to buy it before the 50,000 mile warranty expires. Best to speak with the BMW dealership for details just to make sure.

Thanks topcarbon, im at 48k miles right now and will contact the dealership asap.

By the way, around how much does it cost?

Thanks topcarbon, im at 48k miles right now and will contact the dealership asap.

By the way, around how much does it cost?

Yes you can do it but I would do it ASAP before the 50k is up. I know the more miles you have on the car the more thye charge you for the extended. I asked about it when I had my M5 and thats what my service guy told me. I never bought it and sold the car with 40k on it. As Aram said above, make sure its a BMW warranty and not aftermarket.

Thanks you guys.

BMWRACER - Thanks for giving me the heads up I was looking online and found a few websites that offer extended warranty’s but they weren’t from BMW so I passed on them.

AJGlobal - I had no idea that’s how they charge you for the warranty. Once again thanks for you’re help. I just had allot of major work done to another car that is out of warranty, and I didn’t feel it was necessary to by the extended when I had the chance. Im trying to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

yes, you do have to go through the dealer. They have 2 options, so be very specific:

1. Extended service plan

2. CPO

you want CPO, it covers everything.