car cover options for my Countach

MANG

I plan to store my Countach indoors - duh, and I am looking for options, anyone done the ultimate search and found the ultimate car cover? Perhaps super soft, with logo, cool color, etc. etc. Thanks in advance. P.S. I am not opposed to buying a 'used' one from a member here who has an extra or a ' special' one they might part with, just let me know, thanks!

I bought the thickest (I think 4 layer) outdoor cover from California Car Cover. It not very thick and is only used indoor, but thick enough for the cats to jump up on it and not claw through. If things fall on it, things fairly light, it will protect the car. It breathes with no problems. I also throw a blanket over it, just for the heck of it. It was around 200 if I remember correctly.

Funny you should ask. I just ordered one from Griot's Garage today. They are supposed to have templates for just about any car so it fits perfectly. After I told them the year and make of my car the first question was, with or without the wing? That made me feel good they have done these before. It's supposed to take about three weeks to come in. I'll report back when it comes in.

Funny you should ask. I just ordered one from Griot's Garage today. They are supposed to have templates for just about any car so it fits perfectly. After I told them the year and make of my car the first question was, with or without the wing? That made me feel good they have done these before. It's supposed to take about three weeks to come in. I'll report back when it comes in.

I helped deliver a 308gt4 (they use it in their catalog) to Griot's Garage in Indy a while back. I got to tour their shop, the place is giant, like the size of a Walmart. It's clean as a pin, everything is first rate.

I helped deliver a 308gt4 (they use it in their catalog) to Griot's Garage in Indy a while back. I got to tour their shop, the place is giant, like the size of a Walmart. It's clean as a pin, everything is first rate.

Thanks for the suggestions, Griot's garage products are excellent, a little over priced, but certainly great stuff. I will check thier offerings..drove my car today - Tahoe has been like summer, but finally got some precip today, exercised the car and put it away before the rain and snow came -

Griot's = overpriced

• 1 month later...
does anyone recognize this cover as a 'factory oem car cover'? Is there such a thing - sure looks nice anyway. Opinions? Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lamborghini...sspagenameZWDVW

I don't think the link is working...expired item on ebay fetched over $400. ended today.

Dang, I probably would have bought that.

Dang, I probably would have bought that.

I just e-mailed the guy who gets these - apparently they are made in Italy for Lamborghini and Ferrari factory? He is in Canada and I mentioned he probably has an untapped market right here. Hope I have't violated any rules, but he is just a guy I found from a Hemmings ad and inquired just 3 days ago. I have one reserved for my car in his next 'batch' of 3 or so coming in 3-4 weeks.

I have mine in a vinyl bubble called the car capsule... has a small fan that blows air into it to keep it inflated.... I have been using it now for almost 7 years

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update guys. Griot's called me a week ago to ask me if I had mirrors on the car. This is two months after I ordered it! I still have no cover and I won't be doing business with Griot's again. I have been told Griot's was more expensive but I am always willing to pay more for good service. They failed miserably.

Just an update guys. Griot's called me a week ago to ask me if I had mirrors on the car. This is two months after I ordered it! I still have no cover and I won't be doing business with Griot's again. I have been told Griot's was more expensive but I am always willing to pay more for good service. They failed miserably.

Ray PM me and I will reply with the e-mail contact for the 'factory' Countach cover. I have one ordered and already paid for in his next batch - due any day now. They are made by the same company that is providing brand new for current model Lambo's and F-cars. You could wait until I get mine if you want and I will give you an honest appraisal. Same goes for anyone here fwiw.

As I said......Griot's = overpriced

They don't make them, they have someone making covers for them. Probably California Car Cover. Griot's is just the middle man, just an extra person to make money off you.

California Car Cover was great to work with.......and their first question was "with or without wing"