Brake light on dash?

Ray G

Sometimes on hard acceleration the red "brake" light flickers on and off on the dash. Anybody else have this and how much should I be concerned? Thanks!

What's the brake light look like? I've never seen that one but at the track my stability control light would flicker a bit on corners where I was on the throttle hard coming out.

Countach have stability control?

Samuel930 is correct the brake light goes off when the fluid is low. If you track the car the hard braking can boil the brake fluid out leaving you with no fluid therefore no Brakes (Big problem). I am sure your fluid is just low and needs topping off. Sincerely Vic

Welp, there ya go.....a Gallardo guy playing in the Countach den.

The answer would be the same even if it was a Diablo - check the brake fluid level in the reservoir.

-mick

On mine the emergency brake wasn't all the way down. I mean it was bouncing around while driving.

Also that switch at the e- brake is a possible culprit.

On mine the emergency brake wasn't all the way down. I mean it was bouncing around while driving.

Also that switch at the e- brake is a possible culprit.

Actually it's not the light for the e-brake. Its the small square dedicated light to the left of the steering column. Now looking at my owners manual it says it is the "Oil level brake warming light" My oil level looks fine and it only flickers on during somewhat hard acceleration.

Actually it's not the light for the e-brake. Its the small square dedicated light to the left of the steering column. Now looking at my owners manual it says it is the "Oil level brake warming light" My oil level looks fine and it only flickers on during somewhat hard acceleration.

Anybody?

Is the fluid at the max line? In my Diablo, if the fluid is anything but short of the max line I get the exact symptoms you have.

-mick

As redlambo almost said, it's when the fluid gets too hot. Last year at Moroso, my brake pedal was going to the floor after a few laps burning the brakes at the end of the straightaway(backing down about 100mph). The red light was on, meaning trouble, people said I overheated the fluid, it is that or there is a problem(my brakes going to the floor,no pressure). I pulled off for 2 laps, then the light went off, and I went racing again. I didn't want to have a brake problem and have to drive home to Tampa, or have it flatbedded. Have never had it light up since. If you push the button, it lights red.

Larry

1982 Countach LP400S #1121450

www.lambolarry.com

Anybody?

Somewhere in the translation in the owners manual, oil level means brake fluid level. As said by red lambo your fluid is slighty low. Top it off with dot 4, even though the book says dot 3. Use dot 4.

The guy who lost his brakes on the track, his light came on because when he boiled the fluid which is why he lost the brakes, the fluid level dropped, made the light come on, the once cooled down, level returned to normal and light was out.