Trading in the Nissan 350z...need opinion!

apto

Hi,

Okay well I have a 2003 Nissan 350z touring edition ( 6 speed, power everything, 60k miles), private value around $19,000. I then have another $30,000 to put in addition to the trade.

I needed L/P's opinion on the following cars:

2003 Dodge Viper

2006 Porsche Cayman S

2007 Lotus Elise

2005 C6 POS

2003 Porsche 911 Carrera

(Order of how interested I am in them)

I know these are somewhat different cars, but I just wanted your opinions on the list.

Thanks

Is this going to be your sole car? If so, the Elise is a very tough daily driver unless you're a gymnast. I'd probably vote for the C6Z.

Is this going to be your sole car? If so, the Elise is a very tough daily driver unless you're a gymnast. I'd probably vote for the C6Z.

Thanks I forgot to mention that this won't be my daily drive. I have a 02 3 series.

Thanks & why the C6z

Im guessing this is a daily driver? if it is i would go with a any of the two porches. I just dont think the viper is a daily driver type of car.

06 Cayman S. Great sports car, plus you'll have the warranty.

Thats true I forgot about the warranty.

And of coures Porsche > Dodge :-)

I guess the raw 500 horses and agressive styling got me hypnotized.

Hi,

Okay well I have a 2003 Nissan 350z touring edition ( 6 speed, power everything, 60k miles), private value around $19,000. I then have another $30,000 to put in addition to the trade.

I needed L/P's opinion on the following cars:

2003 Dodge Viper

2006 Porsche Cayman S

2007 Lotus Elise

2005 C6 POS

2003 Porsche 911 Carrera

(Order of how interested I am in them)

I know these are somewhat different cars, but I just wanted your opinions on the list.

Thanks

It depends on what you're looking for. How about a 2007 Exige S?

Or take that money and invest it and buy a Lambo once it grows.

For the money you are talking, if you can get a nice 2003 911, that would be my pick. That car is basically bullett proof. You have German engineering and fit and finish. Its pretty nicely appointed if you get the supple leather and other options at that price.

With the POS, be prepared for less than satisfactory fit and finish. It has plenty of horsepower, and for the money its a good buy (escpecially now with the depreciation out of it), but its a little disappointing. On the upside, you will be the envy of 50 year old chicks. :icon_mrgreen:

The Caymon is nice, but for the money, the 911 is a better car.

Not a fan of the Viper. Dont like the looks of the exterior or the interior.

There is something about buying a car that has bits from other less expensive cars that turns me off.

For the money you are talking, if you can get a nice 2003 911, that would be my pick. That car is basically bullett proof. You have German engineering and fit and finish. Its pretty nicely appointed if you get the supple leather and other options at that price.

With the POS, be prepared for less than satisfactory fit and finish. It has plenty of horsepower, and for the money its a good buy (escpecially now with the depreciation out of it), but its a little disappointing. On the upside, you will be the envy of 50 year old chicks. :icon_mrgreen:

There is something about buying a car that has bits from other less expensive cars that turns me off.

:iamwithstupid:

Porsche is bullet proof, you can't go wrong. You won't even need the warranty.

Ok, well off to Porsche of Orlando! Going to go see what goodies they have, looking for yellow 6 speed.

Thanks guys

Can't wait to test drive.

I was very close to leasing a new 06 Cayman (not S) and came to the same conclusion. A 996 is hard to beat. Definatley stay away from the earlier ones 99-00. Those are far from bulletproof. Many have leaky RMS (rear main seal) as mine did. I personally like the 01-02 better than the 03 because of headlight design. You should be able to find a nice 01 Aerokit car for a lil under 40K.

Btw here is an 03 that just sold near me. 6spd Seal Grey/Black with 28K miles. Sold for $43,400.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...p;rd=1&rd=1

When i see title, i say Cayman S myself, then opened the topic and saw Cayman S in the choice list

Just curious, why are you guys pulling for the cayman s and not the 2003 srt/10 viper?? Besides the warranty.

Thanks

Just curious, why are you guys pulling for the cayman s and not the 2003 srt/10 viper?? Besides the warranty.

Thanks

UHHHHH, I hate the Viper. It just doesnt look right. At least the Porsche has some elegance and style to it. (no offense to those that own the Viper, its just not for me)

I haven't driven either the Cayman or the Viper, but to hate on the Viper as those have done is kinda silly...

Thrill factor there is absolutely no comparison.....unless on a nice tight winding road maybe.

The Viper isn't a perfect car.....far from it. But at the end of the day, we'd all be hard pressed to ignore such violent power when it's available.

:)