My thoughts on the SLR

johnw(to)

I got tired of pissing around so I bought one this weekend. Didn't get silver. I'll post up pictures once the Brabus wheels I ordered come in. Should be a week or two.

Congrats Porter!! So you got a black car!? :icon_super: :eusa_dance:

Post pics when you take delivery.

-Olivier

Thanks guys.

I've always owned black vehicles so I figured why break tradition and I went with a 2006, black on black SLR. It has the upgraded leather interior and the painted calipers.

In Canuckle dollars, the Brabus wheels and rubber came to 11k.

With all the goodies, tax in, it came to around $470,000.00. Hmm, I thought these things were supposed to be a good deal. :eusa_think:

:eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

thats awesome. cheap they are not but the black with brabus wheels is going to be HOT!

if ur disappointed with this ride u have no pulse !

Thanks guys.

I've always owned black vehicles so I figured why break tradition and I went with a 2006, black on black SLR. It has the upgraded leather interior and the painted calipers.

In Canuckle dollars, the Brabus wheels and rubber came to 11k.

With all the goodies, tax in, it came to around $470,000.00. Hmm, I thought these things were supposed to be a good deal. :eusa_think:

:eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

Ahhh I have a pretty good idea which SLR you have :ph34r: so porter, tell us, how does it drive compared to your previous cars more precisely the murcielago?

Ahhh I have a pretty good idea which SLR you have :ph34r: so porter, tell us, how does it drive compared to your previous cars more precisely the murcielago?

Pulls like a train. Easily launched and hard launches are easily replicated. No worries about all that HP coming down on a delicate clutch. Demonstrates that the car enjoys using all 575 lb.ft of twist.

Seems to be much quicker from a stop than the Murcie. Less so from a roll. Haven't tested top end yet so can't comment. Will give more thoughts once it's in my own garage.

As my gf said, "Okay, that car looks fuckin' angry."

Pulls like a train. Easily launched and hard launches are easily replicated. No worries about all that HP coming down on a delicate clutch. Demonstrates that the car enjoys using all 575 lb.ft of twist.

Seems to be much quicker from a stop than the Murcie. Less so from a roll. Haven't tested top end yet so can't comment. Will give more thoughts once it's in my own garage.

As my gf said, "Okay, that car looks fuckin' angry."

Ok. Done deal.