91 Diablo won't start

staccato

Well here is the verdic. Lifted the car and opened the panel to get to the fuel pumps. Took the lines off the fuel rails and ran some wires to the fuel pump to a 12v battery and boy do they sound bad. They don't sound like they are turning but make a bad humming noise like they are stuck. Must have left some bad gas in it to long, car hasn't been started for about 6 months. Haven't been home much. So now I have drain the gas tank and will start tomorrow removing the fuel pumps. I will first try to repair them myself of course. Does any one know how much a new set of pumps would cost and were I might find them? I will also remove all the fuel filters and replace them to since I have all the gas out of the car. Does anyone know were I can buy them also. It looks like there are 2 near the fuel pumps and 2 under the rad filler tank.

Thanks

They might not be bad,,,,,crack the fuel line...then turn them on. You are pumping them against a brick wall. If you keep doing it you will burn them out. My gut feeling is that you have corrosion in the connector and they are not getting a good ground(I could be wrong). I would suggest running the jumper wire across # 30 and #87 connectors and loosening bolt to fuel line. If they don't go on....you have a corroded wire, may it be the ground or hot lead. These pumps are made to come on and shut off when pressure is reached before the motor starts.Don't assume they are bad until you crack the fuel line and let them pump freely. My bet is that they are fine!

Hi Lambo128

I did remove the fittings at the end of the fuel rail then tried to make the pumps turn and nothing came out. I attached a 12V battery directly to the terminals of the fuel pump and they still have a hard time turning. I with remove them and try them on the ground see how things go then.

Thanks

well guys thats what it is. I took out both of my fuel pumps and tested them, and they sound bad. Can't get them to move. Does any one have any idea where to get a couple new ones or is there a sub I could use. I'll call a lambo dealer in the morning and get some prices.

Fuel filters look bad to.

Here are the part numbers I found

Bosch# 580464048

Napa# p72018

AutoZone E7334

Being in Canada makes it a little heard to find. Anybody help me in prices an help me ship them to Canada.

Thanks

Those part numbers, are they for the fuel filter or pump?

From memory there should be a long part# on the top of the pump, get me the number and I can find you one for cheap..

Lamborghini Info for the fuel parts on a 94...

Lambo part# for the fuel pump: 002024398 (retail is about $650)

Lambo part# for the fuel filter: 002030563 (retail is about $70)

Those are numbers for a replacement fuel pump. I was in Nasville for the past 2 days and I found set at a autoparts store which sold Bosch and I pick up 2 for $250 US each. I will be installing them this weekend.

The fuel filters are made by Fiat #9-31-981.00 this number is right on the 2 filters at the gas tank just before the pumps.

What do you suppose would make them both quit? Water in the gas that froze?It is puzzeling.There are 2 internal filters screwed in the bottom side of the gas tank ,plus 2 external on the passenger side(They are a bitch to get at) Keep us posted.

Staccaco,Thinking about it...your fuel filters in the engine compartment might be the culpret . Before you shitcan the pumps, disconnect the gas lines from behind the 2 fuel filters, then try the pumps. If the two filters are plugged it would give you the same simptons and the pumps might be fine.

Hi Lambo128

I took the pumps out, put them on the ground and used the 12v battery from the car to turn them over. They try to move you can here a hummmmm but nothing pumping.

thanks

Thats a shame...I can't for the life of me figure what would have made BOTH of them go bad????

One thing comes to mind...when you put the 2 new ones in...keep an eye on the fuel pressure regulator. If the car doesn't start immediately. Shut it down and see if you have fuel coming out of the other side of the regulator. If the pumps are pumping to a broken regulator that is plugged shut, it will burn out the pumps quickly.

One of my Porsches burnt out three fuel pumps in 3 weeks and I couldn't figure out what was the problem...new filters etc. It turned out to be the fuel pressure regulator sticking shut (Once in a while) when it sticks , the pumps will burn out in seconds. I don't want that to happen to you. There is a reason these TWO pumps shit the bed...very unlikely. When you replace the pumps if the car doesn't start IMMEDIATELY shut it down and see if you are getting fuel on the other side of the fuel regulator, to make sure it is not stuck shut.

Hi Lambo128

Are the regulators the two pieces at the end of the fuel rails with the rubber hoses going to them. I don't have a parts manual yet, I just bought one and it should be here soon.

thanks