Jalpa part # 001711772 "El valve"

Ohlgren

Jalpa part # 001711772 "El valve" or "Elettrovalvola"

The part sits on the Crank Case Cover between the airboxes just to the passenger side of the alternator. What is this thing? :eusa_think: I have 2 vacume lines going into it and one is a dead end. Someone stuck a bolt in the end of it. It is grouped with the smog equipment in the parts catologue. Is it the gizmo that controlls the smog clutch? If not where is that gizmo? I need to reconnect it.

Jalpa part # 001711772 "El valve" or "Elettrovalvola"

The part sits on the Crank Case Cover between the airboxes just to the passenger side of the alternator. What is this thing? :eusa_think: I have 2 vacume lines going into it and one is a dead end. Someone stuck a bolt in the end of it. It is grouped with the smog equipment in the parts catologue. Is it the gizmo that controlls the smog clutch? If not where is that gizmo? I need to reconnect it.

seems like there was also a set up to use vaccum to remove gas fumes from the carbs and airbox after shutdown. this set up would vent crank case fumes and gas fumes into the charcoal canister thingy.

come to think of it, "ELECTRO" in the name sounds like it was the aforementioned electric solenoid control device that would scavenge fumes. i doubt its part of the airpumps.

It's part of the smog system somehow. I looked it up awhile back, it's in the parts manual. I will try to look at mine & see where the lines run.

Mike is probably exactly right if you have the USA air boxs. It could also be a soleniod to cut the vac retard when the ac is on. No matter what I would not be to concerned its not hooked up.

The car ran well (or at least decent.... when it was running) with this gizmo disconnected. The AC is not hooked up in my car (hope to fix it down the road). The wires comming off of the part are hooked up to something other than the Smog clutch. I would really appreciate someone telling where the hoses are supposed to go. I have one comming out of the air boxes and into the gizmo, and the other is about 2 feet long and capped with a bolt. Good to know I shouldn't be concerned. Now I just want to know what that thing is. The last word on the label is Lucifer..... The part from hell?

Anyone know where the controll for the smog pump clutch comes from. I know most people disable the system, but I am most likely going to need it for DEQ.

I hope to get some pictures up. I took several but have yet to download them. There is a lot of weirdness going on under my hood.

Thanks guys.

I figured out how it works but I still have no idea where it goes. This is a "skinner valve" which google tell me is a type of air valve. By default the air goes into the valve and out the top. When the selenoid inside the valve is activated the air goes into the other hose.

Soooo.... The one hose mine is connected to is going to the airbox, which make it a vacume line, which mean air is getting sucked out that hose and coming in from the top.... most likely. So there is a valve control on one of the vacume lines. The other line is capped.

I got a PM from another Jalpa owner who traced his for me. His was not connected to anything either.

Seems less important as I try to figure it out, but I am now really really curious!