Smooth tubes and K & N

zo6tosv

Just finished having new head gaskets installed. Maybe it's because i haven't driven it for a while but the car feels a lot stronger.

Anyway definitely getting a set of K & N air filters as long as i don't have to fuss on the installation. For those of you that have switched to smooth tubes, do you feel like it helped in the upper RPM range?

I'm on the east coast and would like to put these in by the weekend. Any leads would be appreciated.

My buddy wants to fool around with his 430 and i've been told i need all the help i can get. Frankly i couldn't care less, but i

have been using K & N filters for years and i like them.

TIA

Just finished having new head gaskets installed. Maybe it's because i haven't driven it for a while but the car feels a lot stronger.

Anyway definitely getting a set of K & N air filters as long as i don't have to fuss on the installation. For those of you that have switched to smooth tubes, do you feel like it helped in the upper RPM range?

I'm on the east coast and would like to put these in by the weekend. Any leads would be appreciated.

My buddy wants to fool around with his 430 and i've been told i need all the help i can get. Frankly i couldn't care less, but i

have been using K & N filters for years and i like them.

TIA

Well depending on the year, its either really easy, or a pain in the ass. I have a 1991 and went to smooth tubes and K&Ns. Do they give anything extra? Who knows. I did a bunch of stuff all at once and so its hard to tell what actually gives the gains.

Bought mine from a small outfit in San Jose California. VIP Tuning. SP Engineering makes them as well.

Do you have air srestrictors in your boxes? I need to remove these to increase airflow. You might want to check into this.

Hope this helps.

I have SP smooth tubes, they make more HP!

Do you know how much hp?

Did you do a dyno before and after?

Any differences from mine and yours?

Ok, here's a silly question. Are the filters for the Diablo and Countach the same size?? :eusa_think:

K&N does not have a part number for the Diablos, only for the Countach.

Ok, here's a silly question. Are the filters for the Diablo and Countach the same size?? :eusa_think:

K&N does not have a part number for the Diablos, only for the Countach.

Here you go: K&N 33-2574

Here you go: K&N 33-2574

I put that number in on their website and it comes up Countach. Tried to find it by year and model and nothing comes up for the Diablo. But i take it you installed it in your car and it fits.

Thank you

I put that number in on their website and it comes up Countach. Tried to find it by year and model and nothing comes up for the Diablo. But i take it you installed it in your car and it fits.

Thank you

Si......mon. Yes that is correct. They should be around $60 per filter.

Si......mon. Yes that is correct. They should be around $60 per filter.

Thanks again. By the way your exaust looks great :icon_super: . It's a shame that you have to cover it up, but i guess it's safe to do so.

Thanks again. By the way your exaust looks great :icon_super: . It's a shame that you have to cover it up, but i guess it's safe to do so.

If there was a way around the shield that would be great, but their isnt. Or, if there was a clear shield. Sometimes the best looking things need to be hidden away.

Good luck with your purchase.

Very nice.. I used to have them on my old Diablo.

Are those tubes ceramic coted inside out? How hot does the air gets inside the tubes?

Very nice.. I used to have them on my old Diablo.

Are those tubes ceramic coted inside out? How hot does the air gets inside the tubes?

I cant remember if its coated, but everything is cooler without the cats and the smooth tubes.

There was a gain, but i am unable to give you exact #'s on it. Definetly a "MUST HAVE" upgrade, looks hot IMO!!!

01__Medium_.jpg

02__Medium_.jpg