BMW M5 vs. Audi S6

Jerry123

M5 vs S6

Horsepower: 500 vs 435

Torque: 383 vs 398

0-60: 4.5 vs 5.1

Looks: Eh... I like em both

Customer Service: BMW > Audi (At least in my experience)

Interior seat color: M5 > S6 (Audi never has a great selection of interior colors... )

Handling: Assuming M5 > S6... maybe someone can chime in on this

Fuel consumption: 12/18mpg vs 15/21mpg

I would go M5, I see these two in slightly different categories - the RS6 would be more an M5 competitor imo than the S6 when it arrives. If it were me I'd probably go RS4 and enjoy the big savings hah.

I just picked up a 07' M5 and this car is a 100% sleeper. very fast, handles great, and a shit load of features.

although i never drove the Audi, I absolutely love this beamer!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a M5 for a year and a half; love the engine, suspension, the ride, and the SMG(when it is working properly). The brakes suck, and it has way too many bullshit features... Trust me, you will get sick of punching the "M" button every time you get into the car. On the reliablilty scale it has been in the shop three times for recalls and SMG work. Good car but could of been a lot better if they didn't load up with the technogimicks. Don't buy an 06.

IM gonna say audi, for me a sedan shouldnt be as sport slanted as the M5, and I hate the looks of the car, the Idiot-drive, and I havent had good quality issues with BM products. that said, with a 6 speed im sure its a good car...

both brand new? I would take the M5 now, but the RS6 when it comes out. Supposedly a twin turbo V10 (similar to gallardo block I believe)

The new RS6 is belived to get a 5.0 V10 TT (not a turbocharged version of 5.2 V10 from S6/S8 but brand new engine made of two 2.5 R5) and 579 PS (426 kW) + new ZF gearbox.

Some say that in 2009 or 2010 there will be a revised M5 with 520-530 PS to challenge the RS6.

The new RS6 is belived to get a 5.0 V10 TT (not a turbocharged version of 5.2 V10 from S6/S8 but brand new engine made of two 2.5 R5) and 579 PS (426 kW) + new ZF gearbox.

Some say that in 2009 or 2010 there will be a revised M5 with 520-530 PS to challenge the RS6.

RS6 would be at least 2000kg maybe more also with AWD.

M5 is still 1750kg.

I just picked up a 07' M5 and this car is a 100% sleeper. very fast, handles great, and a shit load of features.

although i never drove the Audi, I absolutely love this beamer!!

Did you get the 6-speed or the SMG ? I was on the waiting list for the car 2 years before it came out, glad I didn't buy it due to all the isues I've heard with the first model year run of the car as with any for that matter. I had an '02 M5 and loved it. Probably one of the most reliable cars I've ever had. When I found out I could not get the new M5 in a 6-speed I grabbed my deposit back and have not looked at the car again until now knowing that a 6-speed is available.

Did you get the 6-speed or the SMG ? I was on the waiting list for the car 2 years before it came out, glad I didn't buy it due to all the isues I've heard with the first model year run of the car as with any for that matter. I had an '02 M5 and loved it. Probably one of the most reliable cars I've ever had. When I found out I could not get the new M5 in a 6-speed I grabbed my deposit back and have not looked at the car again until now knowing that a 6-speed is available.

Mine is a 07' SMG, I heard the 07 SMG's have all of the kinks out. I just lowered it w/20" Cor Wheels and i absolutely love this car, inside and out. I use this car as a DD so i wanted the SMG either way. so far no problems w/1000 miles.

Mine is a 07' SMG, I heard the 07 SMG's have all of the kinks out. I just lowered it w/20" Cor Wheels and i absolutely love this car, inside and out. I use this car as a DD so i wanted the SMG either way. so far no problems w/1000 miles.

Good to know................not bored of yet ??? Do you see yourself getting bored of it anytime soon ? Those are my major concerns after I rule out reliablity issues and performance.

Good to know................not bored of yet ??? Do you see yourself getting bored of it anytime soon ? Those are my major concerns after I rule out reliablity issues and performance.

Tony you are right this is the major concern even use daily.

I got bored with mine checked 997TT(used one) and Targa 4S but fix of my Gallardo cost much than i expected so freezed swap of M5. Maybe mid summer or late.

Its been only a year or less since i ve bought M5. Good and solid car(no problems) but yeah it is boring.

I got much bored when i see 520d 520i cars with M-package. They look %80-85 similar to M5 except some details