Help!! Need help with my Urraco

Skogens Baron

I drove the car to my mechanic yesterday.. We tested the car and tryed to find out what the terrible noises was.. We removed the oil from the gearbox and differential.. Found out it was bits of metal in the oil from the differential!! That explains the noises... :crybaby2:

We haven't checked the inside of the differential and gearbox yet.. Does someone know where to find a new differential?? A used one could be as bad as my own.. I'm not sure to trust eurospares about this..

Does the urraco share the gearbox and differential with the jalpa? Does it fit?

You guys use GT Car Parts don't you? Could they have something like this?

This lseems to be quite expensive.. I was hoping to drive my urraco this summer, but seems like that could be difficult..

Anyone with some good advices?

Best regards from a very frustrated

Daniel

Norway

i have to go to work , but my fast answer is the internals for the diff and trans axle are early BMW. the outside case is all lamborghini, but any good shop should be able to refresh the insides without it costing you a fortune. i would think you could get it rebuilt here in the states for around $4000.00

including labor to get the engine in and out.

michael

i have to go to work , but my fast answer is the internals for the diff and trans axle are early BMW. the outside case is all lamborghini, but any good shop should be able to refresh the insides without it costing you a fortune. i would think you could get it rebuilt here in the states for around $4000.00

including labor to get the engine in and out.

michael

So the internals is the same as early bmw? What bmw? bmw 2002?

My mechanic told me that he could get the engine out.. take apart the gearbox, change the belts, tensioners, all fluids osv for about $4000.

But that is without rebuilding differential and gearbox.. But if the internals is all the same as early bmw? Is the gearbox all lamborghini? Does a gearbox from a jalpa fit? Maybe it will be easier to purchase a jalpa gearbox and differential?

So the internals is the same as early bmw? What bmw? bmw 2002?

My mechanic told me that he could get the engine out.. take apart the gearbox, change the belts, tensioners, all fluids osv for about $4000.

But that is without rebuilding differential and gearbox.. But if the internals is all the same as early bmw? Is the gearbox all lamborghini? Does a gearbox from a jalpa fit? Maybe it will be easier to purchase a jalpa gearbox and differential?

i was told and have read that the internal pieces of the gearbox are BMW. any good mechanic can research the parts by dimension and or part number and find a source for them.

i never pushed the issue as i did not need anything. you should be able to remove and separate the engine and gearbox yourself in an afternoon, even if you have never done one. they are made to be maintained this way.

Michael (carreaper) is well informed, when it comes to mechanical issues. You may want to post the problems you have, on the Vintage Lamborghini Garage forum / VLG. Most likely you will find a lot more owners of the vintage automobiles.

It would be nice, if some of the VLG members, came by to our board from time to time.

Good luck with your problems. Please keep us informed. :icon_thumleft:

ok.. I understand.. Then it most likely would be no problem to get the parts... But i need to find someone who can rebuild it.. Getting a new differential or gearbox I assume could be very difficult.. Does urraco and jalpa share gearbox an differential?

Thank you for all your info!

regards

Daniel

Michael (carreaper) is well informed, when it comes to mechanical issues. You may want to post the problems you have, on the Vintage Lamborghini Garage forum / VLG. Most likely you will find a lot more owners of the vintage automobiles.

It would be nice, if some of the VLG members, came by to our board from time to time.

Good luck with your problems. Please keep us informed. :icon_thumleft:

Yes, he seems to have answers to a lots of questions about urraco and you are very helpful Michael! :icon_thumleft:

Do you have a link to the VLG forum?

I will keep you informed as the search go on! ;)

Yes, he seems to have answers to a lots of questions about urraco and you are very helpful Michael! :icon_thumleft:

Do you have a link to the VLG forum?

I will keep you informed as the search go on! ;)

thanks to you both, i wish i could help more. i am not a " educated " lambo / ferrari tech. just a airplane mechanic that loves playing with cars.

the best answer i have is the urraco case is different from the jalpa, and the gearboxes and diffs have a different pattern and casting. i have only come to this conclusion from pictures on the net and i could be totally wrong.

i too wish we had some of the vintage guys here.

i have a very difficult time navigating the "threads" if you can call them that on the VLG board. i dont have a lot of time on the net, and as such refuse to use the board as its just to hard to tell whats new, and where old information has gone.

i hope you can get the car sorted for a nice summer driving season.

Michael M. "thecarreaper"

You seem to have a great deal of knowledge about the V8 cars and you are very helpful :)

The Jalpa is not the same gearbox..

I am allso finding it difficult to navigate on the VLG board.. Is it no longer active? Do you have to create an yahoo account to get in touch with the people there?

Dont really understand..

You seem to have a great deal of knowledge about the V8 cars and you are very helpful :)

The Jalpa is not the same gearbox..

I am allso finding it difficult to navigate on the VLG board.. Is it no longer active? Do you have to create an yahoo account to get in touch with the people there?

Dont really understand..

i gave up on that board a long time ago, but i think you are correct in that you must have a YAHOO account to private mail anyone there.

CHELLE here on L POWER and F chat also knows a great deal about Urracos and i think she has a whole spare engine and transaxle. it may be worth it for you to find here and see if she can help you or see you what you need.

if you go that route i would still have the other one fixed, and then re sell it to make your money back and learn a few things on the process!

if you speak with Chelle ask here about that lime green Urraco P250.... i would love to know if its for sale. my 308 sold over the weekend, and i am making the final arrangements.

best wishes,

M.

Its seems like its no easy way to get in touch with people at VLG.. Yes.. Chelle is here from time to time and i was hoping she would read my post about my problem.. It's the lime gree urraco thats their spare car right? Ive seen som pictures and it looked like it had been sitting for a while.. I really dont want to put in a used transaxle witch iI don't know the status on.. Thats to mutch of a risk.. Im planning to do this one time, and not having to fix it again about 2 years from now.. That could be the case with a used transaxle...

But i should have talked to Chelle if she knew something.. They most likely rebuildt their gearbox and differential on the blue urraco.. Does someone have her email adress?

So you are in the market for an urraco again Michael?

Daniel

I would try again with the VLG. The format of the board, is not the most user friendly. There are a lot of members on the board, who are quite familiar with the older L cars. Where else are you going to find, a vibrant classic L board ?

VLG is rudimentary compared to most car forums, but it is still very active. You need to register for a free Yahoo account to use it, but it is THE place to go for vintage info.

Hey guys,

We do have a complete used transaxle. It would need to be checked out as well - We unbolted a few covers inspecting it for wear or any obvious problems and didn't notice any immediate issues, but I'd feel best having someone who does gearboxes go over it before we would sell it as a replacement to anyone. We honestly only bought it as a spare in case we ever had a need for it. :)

I log in here every day at work - but I don't always have time to even read a lot. (I get a few hundred e-mails a day work related and so car/personal stuff has to come as I get quiet time) Sorry I don't keep up as well as I wish I could here, but work pays for the toys

I hadn't heard that the internals were BMW, but I wouldn't be surprised. I should go take some detail pictures of this on since most never see these out of the car. It would be nice to look at them side by side to look to inspect for differences.

here's a pic of the one in our P250

Daniel - my real e-mail addy is [email protected]

urracodt_1.jpg

Michael - I'm kinda looking for a Jalpa engine for the green one.. :)

it has a bad waterpump and a few other minor issues and I was thinking it would be really nice to have a euro spec P250 with more power.. wish a Gallardo engine would fit without any cutting lol

Right now it's not for sale though..

Michael - I'm kinda looking for a Jalpa engine for the green one.. :)

it has a bad waterpump and a few other minor issues and I was thinking it would be really nice to have a euro spec P250 with more power.. wish a Gallardo engine would fit without any cutting lol

Right now it's not for sale though..

Chelle to the rescue!

hey, the fact you have a spare is a real plus in my book, i hope it was ok to post that, but i figured it may help to pay for your other hobbies and projects!

i have to add its nice to see you posting on here, i have not stayed in touch as i did not want to be a pest. i would love to read about the blue P250, the GTO and whatever other crazy fun you have been having.

i love the idea of a Jalpa 3.5 in a p250, the p250 is very lite and has a good steering feel. more power is always welcome, and it would be nice to keep the engines " in the family" as far as manufacturer.

the green car seemed too nice to be a parts car, but i freaking love that color on these cars, so i may be a bit biased!

hope all is well with you,

Michael

Hey guys,

We do have a complete used transaxle. It would need to be checked out as well - We unbolted a few covers inspecting it for wear or any obvious problems and didn't notice any immediate issues, but I'd feel best having someone who does gearboxes go over it before we would sell it as a replacement to anyone. We honestly only bought it as a spare in case we ever had a need for it. :)

I hadn't heard that the internals were BMW, but I wouldn't be surprised. I should go take some detail pictures of this on since most never see these out of the car. It would be nice to look at them side by side to look to inspect for differences.

here's a pic of the one in our P250

Daniel - my real e-mail addy is [email protected]

Hello Chelle.. Glad to hear from you.. I have heard from Bryan Liss and Michael here that you have a complete used transaxle.. This is from a parts car? I might be interested in buying it.. But you consider getting it checked out before selling?

This is a job I'm hoping to do just this one time, and I dont want to purchase a used trans with the same problems in a few years.. So the best thing would be to get my own fixed up, or bye one thats fully rebuilt..

But if the internals are exactly the same as early bmw a rebuild at a local shop wouldnt be that difficult?

Hello Chelle.. Glad to hear from you.. I have heard from Bryan Liss and Michael here that you have a complete used transaxle.. This is from a parts car? I might be interested in buying it.. But you consider getting it checked out before selling?

This is a job I'm hoping to do just this one time, and I dont want to purchase a used trans with the same problems in a few years.. So the best thing would be to get my own fixed up, or bye one thats fully rebuilt..

But if the internals are exactly the same as early bmw a rebuild at a local shop wouldnt be that difficult?

i think if you email Chelle at the above address she will be more likely to be able to help you.

• 4 months later...

Finally some progress with my urraco. I have had several problems finding someone with the knowledge of this type of cars here in Norway. I have not found anyone with experience on urraco, but I've found a well known mechanic of older ferraris and so on. As I speak my mechanic is separating the engine from the car. They have to take the gearbox appart and find out whats wrong with the differential..

Then its the problems with the parts. Differential parts and parts for the gearbox. Is this available from lamborghini? Is it possible for me to contact the factory without contacting the lamborghini workshop in sweden?

Andybody with experiences getting in touch with the factory?

Best regards

Daniel