Evans Jalpa for Sale again

Hawaii

Reading George's response, it doesn't sound like he is bashing anyone. He was just telling us what happened just like you did. I too would have a hard time just handing someone the keys to my car and letting them drive it, especially if was not covered under the insurance policy. I know for a fact George does quality work and knows his stuff. He has a top notch garage and it's not a car dealership. If anyone mistakens it for a car dealer ship it's because he has so many cars waiting to get in. I would have no problem buying a car that George has because he truely is an enthusists plus he looks like he is a perfectionist with his and his customers cars. With all the cars that George has, he probably wasn't in a big rush to sell it or had the need to so that is probobly why he wasn't going to budge on the price plus he knew what was done to the car. I know if I were in that situation with my car and the work that has been done to it, I would have walked from the deal.

I hope you find the Jalpa you are looking for. I know of someone who has one. Not sure if it's for sale, but I think I did hear him talk about selling it at one time.

George, congrats on getting the car sold! (and getting what the car deserves)

Michael, The whole thing I dont understand with this, if George didnt have acceptable terms, why didnt you just move on to the next car for sale? (instead of getting all worked up and frustrating your self over it, it kind of sounds like you have some sort of axe to grind with him)

Rich, even though you dont agree with Evans or use him for repairs, you have my respect for admitting that you dont know what kind of work he does (whether it be good or bad)... instead of bashing him since you disagree with him on something (which is what many people lower themselves to) Everyone has a mechanic/shop that they like to deal with. For me, Evans has treat me and my Lamborghinis great..

Andrew/George,

I am just going by what Michael said when he called me - I have no reason to believe he was not truthful. I do know based on the conversation, he was very interested in the car. He is very cautious, detailed - and ensures he does his homework.

I am not bashing George (as you mentioned) for any work he or his shop does - I have not personally experienced any work done by him. I have heard good and bad - which you do for every shop.

I say we close the thread. George has sold his Jalpa, Michael can move on. We have all learned that Perception (on both sides) is reality... And we should learn from that when dealing with either someone selling or buying.

Ps. George - Firemans Fund and Chubb have a rider in their policy which allows "supervised" driving from anyone. AKA you can let others drive your car. I put this on my exotics that way during our drive outs - I can swap cars with the other owners if they want to drive, or if I am selling one. I pay only 1300 per year for the 07 G Spyder, so pretty cheap. Might be worth looking at - minus the F40 of course :)

I have bought many cars sight unseen, I usally get a PPI - but if I am close or able to get to a car, I typically like to take it out (with the owner of course). I don't think that is a bad thing to ask for - nor uncommon.

Andrew/George,

I am just going by what Michael said when he called me - I have no reason to believe he was not truthful. I do know based on the conversation, he was very interested in the car. He is very cautious, detailed - and ensures he does his homework.

I am not bashing George (as you mentioned) for any work he or his shop does - I have not personally experienced any work done by him. I have heard good and bad - which you do for every shop.

I say we close the thread. George has sold his Jalpa, Michael can move on. We have all learned that Perception (on both sides) is reality... And we should learn from that when dealing with either someone selling or buying.

Ps. George - Firemans Fund and Chubb have a rider in their policy which allows "supervised" driving from anyone. AKA you can let others drive your car. I put this on my exotics that way during our drive outs - I can swap cars with the other owners if they want to drive, or if I am selling one. I pay only 1300 per year for the 07 G Spyder, so pretty cheap. Might be worth looking at - minus the F40 of course :)

I have bought many cars sight unseen, I usally get a PPI - but if I am close or able to get to a car, I typically like to take it out (with the owner of course). I don't think that is a bad thing to ask for - nor uncommon.

Rich, i assumed that your post was based on Michaels info, that is why i stated the truth. as said before, you might want to call jack at NJB as we had made arrangments for him to do a ppi on the jalpa. The big problem was that Michael did not think the car was worth what i was asking for it so he publicly bashed the car on 3 forums without even looking at it. i have hagerty insurance on my cars, includeing the F40.

Just fyi, Jack at NJB picked up the white 328 that is now on ebay from my shop on wednesday and did a ppi for a potential buyer in florida.

george

i am running late for work.

i was not going to reply to this thread or the other jalpa for sale thread as i promised BMW RACER i would not post on this anymore.

you are full of shit as you refused to let the car off your property by either driving it or via rollback for NJB to inspect it.

you wait this long to finally post publicly on you poor little car for sale?

what part of what i have said do you not know how to read?

i never got to see or drive your car, so how can i know the condition?

all i have stated is that

NOBODY BUYS THESE OLD CARS SIGHT UNSEEN OVER THE PHONE WITH NO INSPECTION OR PPI UNLESS ITS A REALLY , REALLY CHEAP BUY, AND YOU EXPECT ISSUES WITH THE CAR.

you were asking MARKET RETAIL FOR THIS CAR , and have been for 2 years since .

if it makes you feel any better, i am not going to post about you or Jalpa 12038 anymore as BMWRACER does not want this shit on LamboPower.

i want one of these BALLERS to wire you $28,000 cash for you car sight unseen and try to drive the car off the truck with thier wife or kid in the car and see how reliable it is.

otherwise let the next guy have it looked over.

you come here with this sourgrapes bullshit, i have 6000 + posts on 3 message boards and have had 4 Ferraris, 2 Lamborghinis, 2 Porsche 911's since we spoke about your car 2 years ago. bash me all you want.

i just wired cash monday for a 1971 push button Pantera that no one has documented, ( unknown vin car, one of only 39 in the USA?) and i am in negotiations for a 1974 Pantera GTS.

so suffice it to say, i dont want your Jalpa, as i would rather buy Jeffs car (JALPA95)if i was going to get a euro car. his is one of the nicest in existence in the USA.

too little, too late Mr Evans,

2 years is a long time to have that car for sale as a super duper dealer guy that you claim to be.

if its so damn nice , why has everybody passed it up, and bought other Jalpas instead ?

makes ya wonder.

read the thread on L Talk if you are bored,

and if i had actually wanted to dredge this shit up? then i would have dug up the thread on FerrariChat, and i have not said a word about any of this over there, not one peep.

so backpedal all ya want!

:eusa_dance:

i am DONE IN THIS THREAD, AS I ORIGINALLY PROMISED. :eusa_dance:

Michael, you are correct, i should have spoken up sooner.

400+ posts on this board does not give you the right to evaluate a car sight unseen without a ppi.

I did not refuse a ppi, contact Jack at NJB if you do not remember the facts.

You did NOT look at the car nor follow thru on the ppi.

Why would you state that the car needed 1600.00 in wheel bearings from sitting?

Why would you state that the car needed new tires due to the date code on the tires?

What was the date code on the tires anyway?

There is only 1 reason that i know of to post false information about a car for sale, on 3 different forums .

Facts said, you have done me, my jalpa and lambopower an injustice.

george

Who ever thought there would be so much controversy in this section.

There are always three sides to every story.

Can we all just let it go and move on?

Who ever thought there would be so much controversy in this section.

There are always three sides to every story.

Can we all just let it go and move on?

:iamwithstupid: The car is sold, George got what he wanted, and Mike found a bunch of other cars. End of story.

ok now that i went to work for 10 hours....

then went to school for 5 hours....

i am finally home to read this....

Mr Evans :

say what you want, that is your right.

i wanted a black euro Jalpa, before i bought my red/white one. your car was " the car" i wanted then. i have stated this before, this is no secret.

and lets get this straight, unless someone on L talk has hacked the thread, i copied what you sent me in the emails, i did not make anything up.

i dont have time to go thru the old " EVANS PPI " thread, i have a life.

this is what i meant by " bashing me" i never lied about what you have said, as you are now. you stated i posted emails that you did not write, that is a bold face lie, and i use my reputation and post count to stand behind what i say.

funny how you come here with a NAANY NANNY BOO BOO attitude now that the car is sold. sure seems like "last word / sour grapes" to me.

i dont know what your car needs, i never got a chance to look, and you would not allow a 3rd party PPI. this fact is posted in detail on ferrariChat, lambo Talk, and here , when it happened in real time. the thread on L Talk was locked, so its not like i could add or delete anything.

the facts are what they are.

glad you find a buyer for the car.

my only point, this whole time, that some of you have missed is GET A PPI on older cars, before you buy them sight unseen. the exception to this is when uou are buying a car cheap, because it needs work .

you wanted $36,000 for that car when this all started

now 2 years later its sold for ??????.

i hope they got what they paid for.

400+ posts on this board does not give you the right to evaluate a car sight unseen without a ppi.

YES YOU DID, SEE THE THREAD FROM THE TIME

SEE ABOVE

NEVER SAID IT DID, JALPAS EAT WHEEL BEARING, AND YOU HAVE NOT DRIVEN THE CAR MUCH, MY STATEMENT WAS A GENERAL ONE, AND WAS APPLIED TO ANY CAR AS A WARNING. THEY ARE NOT CHEAP TO FIND. ASK JALPA95 (JEFF )ABOUT HIS FUN WITH JALPA WHEEL BEARINGS.

Why would you state that the car needed new tires due to the date code on the tires?

YOU TOLD ME IT HAD A FLAT RIGHT REAR AND A DEAD BATTERY WHEN YOU WERE MOVING YOUR SHOP / TO THE NEW BUILDING ...REMEMBER NOW ? YOU SAID THE TIRES WERE OLD BUT HAD LOTS OF THREAD.... THESE WERE YOUR OWN WORDS, YET THE ADS FOR SALE CLAIM IT HAD GOOD TIRES.

*** POST PICTURES OF THE DATE CODES, I DARE YOU. ***

TIRES GO BAD AFTER 7 YEARS OR SO ON A PERFORMANCE CAR DUE TO TIME AND NOT MILES OF YOU GUYS ARE JUST BRAVE

There is only 1 reason that i know of to post false information about a car for sale, on 3 different forums .

I DID NOT DIG UP THE THREAD, I WAS CALLED OUT INTO THIS BY ANDREW, FUNNY HOW HE COMES HERE IN THE END WITH " I LOVE YOU GEORGE, YOU ARE MY HERO FOR FIXING MY CAR"

SEEMS STAGED TO ME!

there are plenty of other Lambos for me to play with . good thing we track these by VIN......

Mike,

You can't get upset if George (who had no presence on the board before this) decides to come on here and tell his side of the story. Like the old adage says, there are three sides to every story, now we have two. Andrew is a well respected member of the board as well as the lamborghini community, I don't think its in good taste to bring him into this or suggest that this whole event was STAGED.

As far as closing the thread, it would have been premature to do so, but now I think both sides have given their sides of the story. Anything else left to ad guys?

" I LOVE YOU GEORGE, YOU ARE MY HERO FOR FIXING MY CAR" I love it! :icon_mrgreen:

However, I wont let the love go un-founded, give me a couple days (there are a lot of details, and I have to scan some part manual pages) and I will put together a thread in the Diablo forum about a VT coupler problem that George and I SOLVED working together on my 94. EVERY OTHER repair shop only wanted to throw new parts at it until it went away. Like any other limited production sports car, the diablos are not perfect, and sometimes there are better solutions to be found for the problems.

" I LOVE YOU GEORGE, YOU ARE MY HERO FOR FIXING MY CAR" I love it!

I usually feel that way about my mechanic, but lately I can't say I do!

With that, I think we're done. If either Mike or George feels like there needs to be more said, then send me a PM. Otherwise congratulations to Mike for finding another Jalpa and the same for George for selling his car. :icon_thumleft:

Andrew, your adoration for you mechanic is interesting! :eusa_think:

YES YOU DID, SEE THE THREAD FROM THE TIME

SEE ABOVE

NEVER SAID IT DID, JALPAS EAT WHEEL BEARING, AND YOU HAVE NOT DRIVEN THE CAR MUCH, MY STATEMENT WAS A GENERAL ONE, AND WAS APPLIED TO ANY CAR AS A WARNING. THEY ARE NOT CHEAP TO FIND. ASK JALPA95 (JEFF )ABOUT HIS FUN WITH JALPA WHEEL BEARINGS.

YOU TOLD ME IT HAD A FLAT RIGHT REAR AND A DEAD BATTERY WHEN YOU WERE MOVING YOUR SHOP / TO THE NEW BUILDING ...REMEMBER NOW ? YOU SAID THE TIRES WERE OLD BUT HAD LOTS OF THREAD.... THESE WERE YOUR OWN WORDS, YET THE ADS FOR SALE CLAIM IT HAD GOOD TIRES.

*** POST PICTURES OF THE DATE CODES, I DARE YOU. ***

TIRES GO BAD AFTER 7 YEARS OR SO ON A PERFORMANCE CAR DUE TO TIME AND NOT MILES OF YOU GUYS ARE JUST BRAVE

I DID NOT DIG UP THE THREAD, I WAS CALLED OUT INTO THIS BY ANDREW, FUNNY HOW HE COMES HERE IN THE END WITH " I LOVE YOU GEORGE, YOU ARE MY HERO FOR FIXING MY CAR"

SEEMS STAGED TO ME!

there are plenty of other Lambos for me to play with . good thing we track these by VIN......

Well Michael, I think you are side stepping the issue which is that you bashed the car and posted false information on 3 different forums to discourage intrest in the car. Surley there is enough expertise on this forum to give you advice on what to do. This kind of crap has to stop. Would i have sold it last year for a better price if you had not bashed it? Probably so. Now you accuse andrew of staging this thread? Andrew saw the car and looked it over last time he was at my shop. I would think he is better able to comment on it then you. Yes the car had a low tire and a dead battery when i got it out of storage, This does not make the car considerably less valuable. I answered this thread so the truth would come out and to let people know what you did for your own possible gain. Get over it and move on.

PS: jalpas do not eat wheel bearings when when they are not driven much, especially if they are feed regularly........george