PPI recommendation in Cleveland?

rareguitar

Hey Guys,

I need to get a PPI done on a 1992 Lambo Diablo in Cleveland, Ohio. Any suggestions as to the best place to have it done. Car is at Marshall Goldman Motors fyi.

Thanks in advance,

Brad

How far away is Evan's automotive? www.evansauto.com

I know they are in Ohio and know thier Diablo's.

Looks like about 142 miles. I emailed to see if they could do it.

Brad

Brad, any news? How did it work out?

I think I saw a post by Brad somewhere that the deal is off since the seller in the end didn't allow a third party PPI.

But maybe Brad can chime in and clarify the story....

Hey Guys,

I had the deal done at $111K with me being able to have a independent PPI and they providing the service records and new clutch install paperwork the said they could get.

I was going to fly in today and buy it. Then the story changed and they wouldnt let the independent Lambo shop picked (Evans Automotive in Columbus, a well respected Lambo Shop) do the PPI. They insisted I take it to their "Service Guy" Earl Gibbs for the PPI which seemed like a conflict of interest to me.

Secondly all of the paperwork, records etc... vanished and they had nothing. At $111K for a 1992 I was paying a premium based on the clutch being new and records. I called around to see what a engine out clutch service would cost figuiring it would be in my future and was qouted around $10-$12K.

When all of this went away I told them I was still interested in flying out and buying the car but I told them I wanted to split the difference of the service and clutch and pay $105K for the car as when I got home I owned any problems I might have and they didnt have any records that backed up their story of work done.

They balked and said they wouldnt discount a penny off of the $111K so I wished them luck in the sale.

That said I like the car and it might be fine but for strong money I expected it to have what they told me it had when we negotiated the price.

I could like with no records if they let my guy do the PPI but they didnt want that either which smelled to me. No records and then not letting me get the PPI done were a red flag for me.

I still would like to get the car and I am the high bidder on ebay for it now. I am going to see if I can work out something with a Lambo dealer in my area to get it from them and sell it to me and take my Ferrari on trade, we will see.

Best,

Brad

Sorry to hear your deal didnt go anywhere. There are good cars out there for what you are prepared to spend........but not many.

Good luck in your search.

Sorry to hear your deal didnt go anywhere. There are good cars out there for what you are prepared to spend........but not many.

Good luck in your search.

Seems to me you made the right decision to back away from this car.

I know from experience this is not an easy thing to do when you had high expectations and already made the decision to go for it...

Of course there are not many similar cars out there but as you said there might be other ways to acquire this car, hopefully at a lower price since this still seems to be a "no history" car. Unfortunately usually "no history" doesn't mean "no story".

Similar to you I always want to have some sort of comfort level before even making an offer so I really envy the guys that just follow their guts and jump into a car without even blinking an eye. Anyway if you don't like it after a while you'll always have the option to sell it on. Seems people are holding on to their Diablo's so the number of cars on offer is getting smaller while the demand is increasing..