se30 owners

lucky30sedriver

So does anyone out there adjust the anti roll bar with the in car lever ,and if so are you noticing and difference in handling.

The reason I ask is that mine has always been a bit stiff(cable I mean guys)so are just having a new one shipped out from the factory and wondering if I can expect any diff

Cheers

So does anyone out there adjust the anti roll bar with the in car lever ,and if so are you noticing and difference in handling.

The reason I ask is that mine has always been a bit stiff(cable I mean guys)so are just having a new one shipped out from the factory and wondering if I can expect any diff

Cheers

YES - There is DEFINATELY a difference. BTW, mine was stiff too before it was lubed a little bit. Then it was not as stiff, and would slide okay if you were gentle and not forcing it. When in the position back toward you it makes your rear a little wobbly from softer stance, but allowed to slide forward it makes everything more sensitive and creates uncontrollable shudders with your rear end dancing all about......

OH - You mean the rear anti-roll adjustment !!!!! oops.....

hahaha - above all applies..... basically the rear position is the softest with the rear end exhibiting a little more body roll, forward stiffens up the back end and creates sharper turn in at the expense of snap oversteer if you aren't good at managing it. Middle position I find to be the best nuetral spot and produces slight understeer with the ability to provoke the right amount of tail movement and oversteer.

When it's wet or raining, I run the lever back and turn up the traction control.

BTW I wasn't kidding about lubing it up - that freed up mine a bit but I still have to let the car run and the grease on the cable warm up a bit brfore I can move it too easily.

Thanks for making the effort to reply.

I knew this was a hard subject to approach ,ok thats enough :jackoff:

Will try as you recommend and will have a good go thru the difference settings the next time I get to do a few laps,actually looking forward to it now you mention there is a noticeable diff ,the track I can get a few laps on is one of th A1 gp tracks so is nice and smooth so should be able to tell the diff.

thanks again

Oh and KANE00,PLACID,JTSE30 do you use yours!

I haven't really touched mine yet. Might just be me, but I have a feeling if I play to much with it, something will brake (talking about the lever now :jackoff:).

Anyways, haven't got to track my car yet, so the need to adjust it just hasn't been there. BTW, is it supposed to be a "spring" like sound when you move it?

I keep mine in the middle slot. My car is set up very aggressive with toe in and camber. I prefer a progressive slide compared to a total snap. That's why I have 2 1/2 negative in the rear. The best thing to do is find a parking lot and play with the settings. See which one you suits your driving style the best. it will also depend on what tires you are running and the power you are putting out. Now that I'm installing the Jota kit on mine, I will re set the entire suspension when it is done. And the only way to do that is to get out and run it, see how it reacts then make your adjustments.

Keith

It indeed makes a big difference. I think of it as an anti-sway bar (but is called and anti-roll bar).

081_52_03_00__anti_roll_bar_.gif

All the way back is for "rally" driving, the rear end floats around a lot, if you plan on driving over 160kph (100mph) DO NOT USE this setting, your car will feel out of control the faster you drive.

The middle is the middle, nice and mostly neutral.

All the way forward is stiff, tight, good for high speed (200kph+) driving, stiffens up the rear quite a bit, keeps the car more stable at high speeds.

Over all, the middle is fine but it's fun to have options!

-J

p.s. Placid - item 28 in image above..yep, it's a spring..that's the noise you hear

Thanks guys,yeah I also hear that spring when I try to move mine.

One other issue I have with the vehicle is I some times wish the back end would be a little more communicative,It doesnt have as much feedback as I would like especially turning in at higher speeds.Now i know its normal for the cars and bearing in mind I normally drive porsches but apart from moving the anti sway lever forward which I guess will help is there anything I can adjust on the back end to increase the feedback,Toe in, camber etc

The car is standard so dont want to change parts,I use standard tire pressures as well.

wow didnt see you are sticking on the Jota kit before Keith .cant wait to here the results,where did you manage to find a kit I also was contemplating the same

Shane

jtse30, I've seen that pic before and was wondering; It looks like it only affects the right side? And what exactly do you do when you move the lever? Move the cone part (12) in and out of the hole in the bar?

Shane,

I run 2 negative front, 2 1/2 negative rear.

When I got the car, with the help of Joe Sackey, I began looking for a Jota kit immediately. It took a while, but in May, our good friend Emilio sent us a message saying he had found a brand new kit that was at a Lamborghini Service Center near Modena. After much negotiation in June (I was told, "where are you going to find another?") and a lot of Emilio's amazing effort (he drove there and took pictures of all the components to make sure everything was new and original Lamborghini.), we hammered out a deal.

I am doing a lot of research as to the history and development of the Jota cars. I will document the installation and we will be putting it on the dyno when finished.

Keith

jtse30, I've seen that pic before and was wondering; It looks like it only affects the right side? And what exactly do you do when you move the lever? Move the cone part (12) in and out of the hole in the bar?

Well, that's the way it works (One side is 'fixed', the other is flexible).

Here is a write-up I found that is pretty useful:

Torsion bars deserve their own section because they are a type of spring which can be used in place of coil- or leaf-springs. It's one of the topics I get the most e-mail on, so instead of continually sending the same answer, I thought I'd cover it on this page.

A torsion bar is a solid bar of steel which is connected to the car chassis at one end, and free to move at the other end. They are almost always mounted across the car, one for each side of the suspension. The springing motion is provided by the metal bar's resistance to twisting. To over-simplify, stick your arm out straight and get someone to twist your wrist. Presuming that your mate doesn't snap your wrist, at a certain point, resistance in your arm (and pain) will cause you to twist your wrist back the other way. That is the principle of a torsion bar.

Torsion bars are normally locked to the chassis and the suspension parts with splined ends. This allows them to be removed, twisted round a few splines and re-inserted, which can be used to raise or lower a car, or to compensate for the natural 'sag' of a suspension system over time. They can be connected to just about any type of suspension system listed on this page but are commonly found on trailing arm suspension.

http://www.carbibles.com/suspension_bible.html

Basically, you are adjusting how much the bar will flex with the interior switch. All the way forward, will not flex at all, all the way back, flexes a lot, mostly disenganged.

That's what I understand is happening, never spoke with Lamborghini about all the particulars of their setup.

-J

Keith ,I spoke to my mech and asked him about your set up.A couple of questions were your -2 front and -21/2 rear is that toe in or camber or both ,and how long have you had it set up that way eg how many km's have you done.

I think he is curious about tire wear etc

Shane

Oh form my point of view I have a track day coming up so a nice setup even for the day would be nice.The circuit is quite twisty so more suited for cornering ability that straight line power.

one more thing i cant remember who suggested it but have just picked up the european car mag with the se30 article oct 07.Great looking shots and good to see an article finally.

Shane,

I'm running Mich Sport Cups on mine. They will work great for the track as well. Just make sure you get them warm first.

I really don't car about tire ware but you should be fine with the settings. I have not noticed any unusual ware problems.

Thanks for the compliments of the Euro Car article. It was a fun day. Joe Sackey had the Miura targa show car there that day. The guys from European Car are really cool.

Let me know how the car runs on the track.

Keith

After much negotiation in June (I was told, "where are you going to find another?") and a lot of Emilio's amazing effort (he drove there and took pictures of all the components to make sure everything was new and original Lamborghini.), we hammered out a deal.

Exactly what was the parts? Ecu, intake, scoop, cams(?), etc...?

Placid,

Yes. Intakes, throttle bodies, ECU, cams, deck lid, exhaust etc.. Most of the stuff is still in the original Lamborghini bubble wrap. I had them take some out for photos. Emilio and I made sure everything was there. It is all in the original factory box.

How is your running?

Keith

Placid,

Yes. Intakes, throttle bodies, ECU, cams, deck lid, exhaust etc.. Most of the stuff is still in the original Lamborghini bubble wrap. I had them take some out for photos. Emilio and I made sure everything was there. It is all in the original factory box.

How is your running?

Keith

No speedometer? Congrats on the finding, probably the last one in the world! Mine is tucked in for the winter, pulling the engine and rebuilding the clutch, and hopefully get the engine finetuned for next summer. Going to dyno it too, would be a great comparison if you do the same :icon_thumleft:

BTW, the stock Jota exhaust sounds kinda boring under 3-4k rpm, I'm going to change mine. Sounds like a jet at the top though!

I'm keeping my exhaust, or lack there of, since mine is straight off the headers.

Yes, speedo and badge are included!

It will be great to see the two dyno results. Are you making any changes?

Keith

I'm keeping my exhaust, or lack there of, since mine is straight off the headers.

Yes, speedo and badge are included!

It will be great to see the two dyno results. Are you making any changes?

Keith

Nice! Not making any other changes than trying to get the car to run smoother at low rpms. Might be some ECU mapping involved, and adjustments of the throttlebodies.

Nice! Not making any other changes than trying to get the car to run smoother at low rpms. Might be some ECU mapping involved, and adjustments of the throttlebodies.

You're not likely to get it to smooth out too much - that's what you get with lightweight flywheels and lightweight internals. It's a good thing.... like the lopey idle of a hot cam or something. Unless its really rough, I'd check out another SE30 to compare it with and see if it's just the way they are.

Mine is noticeably rougher than other cars at idle, and it's exactly what I'd expect with a lightened flywheel and racing pistons.

keith,

tks you for making all smooth and easy

a pleasure to find it for you :)

BTW: i did not saw speedo and badges: may be they for the factory mounted jotas or may be they are in the closed boxes wrapped on newspaper (see pic)

i will re check if they are on the part list

post-4328-1192523621_thumb.jpg

Placid,

Keith

post-4328-1192524680_thumb.jpg

Very nice find emilio, it would indeed be really interesting to see the differences with the standard SE. I think there are actually more Jota kits available in Europe and Asia as some owners did receive the kit but didn't have them installed, like SE #108/150 for example.