Clutch wear E-gear MY2007

Rami

I just wanted to let you guys know that I now have worn 2mm of my E-gear clutch.

The car is a MY2007 with 24.000km (15.000 miles) on the counter. I have performed 15 powerlaunches so far.

If I keep on driving the way I am now the clutch would need to be replaced around 50.000km (30.000 miles), not bad I suppose.

I know the MY07 6speed manuals all have the sintered clutch but does the E-gear also have a sintered clutch?

• 2 years later...

Dragging up an old thread as it was now answered, and 3 years on I would love to know the answer to this question?

I have a 2007 Egear car and will need a clutch very soon, my local just told me there is no Sintered clutch listed for the Egear, only manuals... Is this true or ?

Dragging up an old thread as it was now answered, and 3 years on I would love to know the answer to this question?

I have a 2007 Egear car and will need a clutch very soon, my local just told me there is no Sintered clutch listed for the Egear, only manuals... Is this true or ?

I am not sure what your question means. Egear has a clutch and if it's worn, as the snapshot can confirm, then it'll need to be replaced.

The sintered clutch was to only be used on the the o6 Manuel car. I have installed this clutch on egear cars when at the dealer as per customer request. On early cars 04- 05 the half shafts at rear need to be updted. For an 07 car you should be fine.

The reaon for updating the hafl shafts is do the the clampping force on the sintered clutch. ( less slipping) So if you increase the grabbing of the clutch then then next week point will break. You should be able to have more miles with the sintered clutch installed on a egear, but this all goes back to drive style.

To have a clutch only show 2.5mm of wear after 15k miles and so many launches is hard to believe. If this is true then you are in great shape. in many cases 15k miles is when the clutch will need to be changed. Once again this all depends on driving style.

Thanks for the details... would you think its best to go ahead and fit sintered on a 2007 then, as it sounds straight forward replacement?

Why do lambo not list/recommend this?

in many cases 15k miles is when the clutch will need to be changed. Once again this all depends on driving style.

I just had the 15k service done on my 08, at 17k miles now and still have bunches of clutch life left. Probably 7-8 launches on the e-gear.

• 3 weeks later...

My 07 egear with 30,000km, 19,000mi, reads 19+% left.

Does the clutch from factory come with a new flywheel? Is it necessary to order the flywheel and any other part when I order the parts?

Is the F series clutch really "good enough" to not consider sintered or Kevlar alternatives?

I am not using the local agent workshop.

My 07 egear with 30,000km, 19,000mi, reads 19+% left.

Does the clutch from factory come with a new flywheel? Is it necessary to order the flywheel and any other part when I order the parts?

Is the F series clutch really "good enough" to not consider sintered or Kevlar alternatives?

I am not using the local agent workshop.

All factory clutches for the Gallardo come with the flywheel and pressure plate. You should order new flywheel bolts and egear fluid. You also want to check the throw out bearing.

Thanks so much for the info, Swif

I presume what you call "throw out bearing" is the same as what some others call "clutch release bearing" or "thrust bearing"? Lambo part number 086141671D?

How would I know if that needs to be changed? What are the signs? Or is it best just to do it since it is at a hard to reach location and will break or wear out sooner or later?

Also, there is now a G version of the clutch. Will it fit my 07?

I beleive the G version will work.

The T.O.B is that samething. If you hear a noise then it needs to be replaced. If it is leaking. You can check for noise when you have the trans dropped as well.

Thanks

I was told to keep to the F by some parts suppliers too. Perhaps they are just playing it safe?