GT front hood - Images needed

LAM VT

Hi Guys,

I received a GT bonnet today (front hood as you US lot call it). It's a copy of the original, but the quality is simply superb and i'm very impressed !.

In it's current state no vent hole has been cut out - It's going on my VT so I will need to sort out water drainage which does not seem to be a problem as the bonnet is composed of front and rear layers so the water could easily exit from the front via a small drilled hole.

The question is can anyone post an image of their GT vent / front hood, i'd like to match the original mesh and cut-out postion as best as possible.

Cheers,

Dave

very easy to do... i have a plexi glass cover inside the big vent... i just drilled a whole in the glass and used a little conector to a tube that runs down and out the floor... verry easy...

i wish could take pics now .. but its dark outside....

send me a pm on the other site, and i will take pics for you...

were did you get your hood.. paralele or lambosport??? is it in CF or fiber glass???

let me know if you need anyother help..

oh and pics are always good

very easy to do... i have a plexi glass cover inside the big vent... i just drilled a whole in the glass and used a little conector to a tube that runs down and out the floor... verry easy...

i wish could take pics now .. but its dark outside....

send me a pm on the other site, and i will take pics for you...

were did you get your hood.. paralele or lambosport??? is it in CF or fiber glass???

let me know if you need anyother help..

oh and pics are always good

Cheers for the reply, i'll email you on the other site in a bit. It was from someone in Poland - Lambosport never replied to my emails & Parallel were quoting silly money. Got it for a third of what Parallel wanted in the end :-)

When you say plexi-glass - do you mean just a clear sheet of plastic ? - with mesh on top ? - pics of what you did would be very helpful.

I'll get some pics of my bonnet up tomorrow

yess clear plastic.... i will take the pics shortly for you... still havent done the mesh grill part... but i will soon.

yeass your right about paralel they are crazy... and there GT parts are only in fiber glass... lambo sport dont answer there emails regularly.. becouse the get too many people who arnt buyers.. also this isnt there mail bizz.. if they get a call from inside the UK they answer...

please tell me what yours is made of .. oh and i will take the pics for you in a bit...

pics are ready.... please send your e mail so i can send them to you..

Got you're pics cheers - I've just emailed you pics of mine

• 2 weeks later...

I know how annoying is is when topics go to PM .. so i've made a little write up with images of my progress that may help someone else fit a GT bonnet to their older Diablo.

I was initially going to go for fitting this bonnet using the existing hinges / catches etc. However, after 2 days of messing around, tapping mounting holes & subsequently stripping threads I finally opted for a totally removable bonnet locked / positioned at the rear using 2 x mounting pins and locked / secured at the front by a pair of bonnet pins (as per the GTR).

Stage 1 - The emblem recess needed to be filled on my GT bonnet as I have an SE30 bumper with the emblem in that already. After the this recess was filled and bonnet pins were temporarily fitted & the bonnet placed in position. It's about 4mm too long at this stage (ie. overlaps the front bumper too much) :

gt_bonnet_1.jpg

Stage 1 - Ignore the dirt / crap in the front, but this is a pic of the mount I made for one of the front bonnet pins - I utilised one of the bumper mounting bolts to secure it so no extra holes needed to be drilled :

gt_bonnet_pin_mounts.jpg

Stage 1 - Bracket with mouning pins that fit into rear of front boot + water drainage tube temporarily fitted :

gt_bonnet_2.jpg

Stage 2 - After flatting down, appx 4mm removed from the front edge and primer applied.

gt_bonnet6.jpg

Stage 2 - My fabricated mesh / aluminium insert. Made from 5mm thick aluminium sheet cut to shape with a jigsaw ... after 5 hours of sanding + filing !! the shape was perfect. I then bonded some mesh to the underside of it and bonded a rubber U section around the edges. When mounted it sits around 15mm above the base of the vent hole - So water can easily exit via the drain tube. Other end of the drain tube will simply be pushed through one of the old bonnet hinge mounting holes when fitted.

gt_bonnet5.jpg

I've just taken it to be professionally painted today - should be done in a few days. I'll post more pics when it's finished and on the car.

Dave

It's done, finished ... and on the car.

gt_bonnet1.jpg

Apologies for the poor image, but it's dark, raining and taken in my garage.

Dave