Super R8 at the ring!?

OC

520 hp N/A RS8...the V10 version finally!?

Looks pretty badass with the matte all-black.

audir8v108iw5.jpg

I wonder if Audi will up-the-ante with the Gallardo, or just continue to steal from the Gallardo platform. The problem I see is that unless they make a jump with the Murcielago, the Gallardo will be stuck at its current level.

The problem I see is that unless they make a jump with the Murcielago, the Gallardo will be stuck at its current level.

^Totally agree with you on this. Either that or Lambo SpA will do some stupid marketing-milking scheme:

keep making so-called "special editions" LP's (50 of this, another 50 of that) and charge the moon & beyond for them and, in essence, slowly retiring the car but milking its very last drop. Maintain the bread & butter G but add a few perks & hp here & there for the next 2-3 years just to keep the interest alive along with the G's own version of SE's (and also charges the moon for them). Use the funds & resources at VAG to R&D a LP replacement, hopefully to come out by 2010. And then evolve the G.

Of course there's always the possibilities of selling the company.

As to the R8, somehow I got a feeling that the interest on this car will fade just as fast as it comes. It's styling is unique but it's not an exotic, IMO. The Audi name connotes good products but people can't relate a supercar to the brand and the R8 really isn't so "super". Even if it were superior to a regular 911 (which I don't think it is), it can't match the 911 iconic status. And the majority of people think the R8 is a TT on steroids anyway whether that's true or not. I think the R8 will have similar fate as BMW's Z8 --- admired by many and turned a number of heads but ultimately not everyone is going to fly to the dealership and line up for one. That said, though, it would be great to see the R8 as a rolling test bed for the G evolution.

As to the R8, somehow I got a feeling that the interest on this car will fade just as fast as it comes.

I think you are right about this. The R8 has hardly been out a few months, and I am already tired of the look of the car.

I would have bought the car and TT'd it already if it had STARTED with a V10. At this point, my interest is fading. Get it done NOW or don't bother.

I wonder if Audi will up-the-ante with the Gallardo, or just continue to steal from the Gallardo platform. The problem I see is that unless they make a jump with the Murcielago, the Gallardo will be stuck at its current level.

Agree, they are in a very tight spot here. And worse, they've had not one, not two..., but three R8 mules with the 5.2L V10 TT (580HP) engine catch on fire and burn to the ground while testing at the Ring over the past three months. If they can't get adequate cooling in an R8 engine bay for that engine how would they ever achieve it in the G?

Not looking good.

The R8 has hardly been out a few months, and I am already tired of the look of the car.

Doesnt this subject consist of all Audi models. They look old after quick time