Benz Racers

Allan-Herbie

So I have been thinking that with the added power the SLR is making, I may now be able to make a faster pass in the 1/4, starting in 2nd gear. Thinking I can get a better 60ft, and cut out the time it takes to make the 1st to 2nd shift. Thoughts?

I have been wanting to try this as well. In my car you cant put the car in 2nd in m or s mode even if you upshift, once the car is moving it kicks down but in c mode the car starts in 2nd but the upshifts tend to be a bit lazy so you would be better to upshift yourself. Good luck and keep me posted.

So I have been thinking that with the added power the SLR is making, I may now be able to make a faster pass in the 1/4, starting in 2nd gear. Thinking I can get a better 60ft, and cut out the time it takes to make the 1st to 2nd shift. Thoughts?

From experience with my AMG'S I would say no and shift it from the first manually up.

From experience with my AMG'S I would say no and shift it from the first manually up.

The WORST thing you can do to an automatic valve body is shift it manually. Just my .02, but I would not recomend that with how much the SLR's transmission must cost...

As for a faster pass in the 1/4, no need to start in second, just get some drag radials on that beast and heat em up man!!! :icon_mrgreen:

The WORST thing you can do to an automatic valve body is shift it manually. Just my .02, but I would not recomend that with how much the SLR's transmission must cost...

As for a faster pass in the 1/4, no need to start in second, just get some drag radials on that beast and heat em up man!!! :icon_mrgreen:

SLR has paddle shifters.

Not true. The trans is completely electronically controlled, do what ever you want to it.

It will be quicker starting in first.

What if it cant hook up.
you shouldnt be able to hook up stock let alone modded, you will make your time at the strip more enjoyable with some stickier tires in my opinion. For running on street tires launch at idle with ESP ON, the car will bog for a second as the engine and brakes do their thing, as soon as the car begins to move forward and you feel the power come back on progressively (40ish mph) immediately switch the ESP OFF

you shouldnt be able to hook up stock let alone modded, you will make your time at the strip more enjoyable with some stickier tires in my opinion. For running on street tires launch at idle with ESP ON, the car will bog for a second as the engine and brakes do their thing, as soon as the car begins to move forward and you feel the power come back on progressively (40ish mph) immediately switch the ESP OFF
Yes, it couldnt hook up at all, so at the strip we ran it with the T/C on the entire way.

If you are having issues hooking up, knowing what you have done and having I guess an idea of how you drive, only thing I can see helping is tires.

Starting in second may prevent some wheel spin and help the 60'. But the longer gear IMO will hurt you in the 1/8th and therefore at the end.

I can't see you shoving 17-18 rims on that beast just to make a few passes down the strip. And buying DR's or street ET's will probably hurt on the road. So in the only alternative to all that is finding best prepped track, if your's isn't that well prepped.

Or try some VHT.

If you are having issues hooking up, knowing what you have done and having I guess an idea of how you drive, only thing I can see helping is tires.

Starting in second may prevent some wheel spin and help the 60'. But the longer gear IMO will hurt you in the 1/8th and therefore at the end.

I can't see you shoving 17-18 rims on that beast just to make a few passes down the strip. And buying DR's or street ET's will probably hurt on the road. So in the only alternative to all that is finding best prepped track, if your's isn't that well prepped.

Or try some VHT.

We may just do some DR's !