Just bought a 1300hp Supra

VegasSE

:lol: I will post pics once the car gets back. It's at Sound Performance in IL at the moment. I should have it by month's end. The car is a beast. Now it's going to LOOK like I want it to and perform even BETTER than it did when it put down 1000 at the wheels. I will CERTAINLY take pictures of the car, and of course the TT Gallardo as well, which I should have by the 2nd to 3rd week of Feb.

Just saw the pics over there bro....That is one hottt Gallardo....Excellent taste in wheels on both the Gallardo and Range.....If you dont mind me asking what made you choose the Gallardo over the Murcielago? I love em both just wondering your pov......

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just saw the pics over there bro....That is one hottt Gallardo....Excellent taste in wheels on both the Gallardo and Range.....If you dont mind me asking what made you choose the Gallardo over the Murcielago? I love em both just wondering your pov......

Gallardo is a better car. I know I'll take some heat for saying that, but it's just a better chassis to apply big power to and frankly I like that it's a smaller car. I just did not see ANY reason to choose the Murcielago over the Gallardo except bragging rights of owning the "big dog". I love the Verde SE and the chassis of the car is perfect for the twin turbo power. If you gave me the choice of a brand new LP640 or my Twin Turbo SE, I'll keep my Gallardo. JMHO and others may certainly not agree, but that's how I feel. Plus I had enough left over to buy a Supra with over 150k in receipts on it. Bonus!! :P

Gallardo is a better car. I know I'll take some heat for saying that, but it's just a better chassis to apply big power to and frankly I like that it's a smaller car. I just did not see ANY reason to choose the Murcielago over the Gallardo except bragging rights of owning the "big dog". I love the Verde SE and the chassis of the car is perfect for the twin turbo power. If you gave me the choice of a brand new LP640 or my Twin Turbo SE, I'll keep my Gallardo. JMHO and others may certainly not agree, but that's how I feel. Plus I had enough left over to buy a Supra with over 150k in receipts on it. Bonus!! :P

lol...Cant argue with that....It seems most of the guys that can also afford both, on some of the other car forums, seem to choose the Gallardo as well.......Im glad to hear as its probably the only Lambo I can see me realistically having a chance of owning a few years down the line......BTW do you think it will fit a 6'6" 250lb freak? :icon_mrgreen: I can only browse at Manhattan Motors here in NYC havent been able to sweet talk the lady at the front on letting me sit in one yet lol....

lol...Cant argue with that....It seems most of the guys that can also afford both, on some of the other car forums, seem to choose the Gallardo as well.......Im glad to hear as its probably the only Lambo I can see me realistically having a chance of owning a few years down the line......BTW do you think it will fit a 6'6" 250lb freak? :icon_mrgreen: I can only browse at Manhattan Motors here in NYC havent been able to sweet talk the lady at the front on letting me sit in one yet lol....

:lol: I'm 6'1 235, former middle linebacker, and wear a size 54 jacket, so yes it will fit you..... sideways at least. :lol: I know Bentley of LI had some very sweet cars. I'm not sure what they still have in stock up there, but when I was out visiting a friend this fall, they had a nice stock.

:lol: I'm 6'1 235, former middle linebacker, and wear a size 54 jacket, so yes it will fit you..... sideways at least. :lol: I know Bentley of LI had some very sweet cars. I'm not sure what they still have in stock up there, but when I was out visiting a friend this fall, they had a nice stock.

lol...Im glad to know I can fit in at least one exotic lol....I tried an Enzo out ONCE....I couldnt fit, touch the pedals or close the door lol.....Shot my dreams down for ever owning one even if I hit the lotto or my dreams pay off....Hight sucks if you are a car nut...

MeinEnzo.jpg

lol...Im glad to know I can fit in at least one exotic lol....I tried an Enzo out ONCE....I couldnt fit, touch the pedals or close the door lol.....Shot my dreams down for ever owning one even if I hit the lotto or my dreams pay off....Hight sucks if you are a car nut...

MeinEnzo.jpg

You wouldn't want the Ferrari anyway. :P You can always go Shaq style and just have the seats relocated. At least Supras have plenty of leg room. :P

You wouldn't want the Ferrari anyway. :P You can always go Shaq style and just have the seats relocated. At least Supras have plenty of leg room. :P

LOL...Funny thing is that the owner of that Enzo had a Ferrari Tech there....he told they would not be able to adjust anything behind the seat as its part of the engine cradle and structural rigidity....So no seat adjustments Shaq style for me at least on an Enzo...Supras deffinately fit me with ease though:)

LOL...Funny thing is that the owner of that Enzo had a Ferrari Tech there....he told they would not be able to adjust anything behind the seat as its part of the engine cradle and structural rigidity....So no seat adjustments Shaq style for me at least on an Enzo...Supras deffinately fit me with ease though:)

Well, just solidifies the Lambo choice then. ;) As for the Supra, PM me if you are ever in Vegas. We expect this car to put down near 1100hp at the rear wheels at 35psi. Should be a fun car. :lol: BTW, is it just me or is that forum down for like 4 hours a day?

Well, just solidifies the Lambo choice then. ;) As for the Supra, PM me if you are ever in Vegas. We expect this car to put down near 1100hp at the rear wheels at 35psi. Should be a fun car. :lol: BTW, is it just me or is that forum down for like 4 hours a day?

Most deffinately....Lambos have always appealed to me more than Ferraris save for the F40.... Teh car that infected me with sportscar-itis was the Countach...Havent found a cure for Lambos yet :) Thank for the invite. Deffinately take you up on that if Im ever in town :icon_super: ...As for Supraforums yeah....Lots of traffic on that forum and I dont think the servers can handle it....ttyl

Most deffinately....Lambos have always appealed to me more than Ferraris save for the F40.... Teh car that infected me with sportscar-itis was the Countach...Havent found a cure for Lambos yet :) Thank for the invite. Deffinately take you up on that if Im ever in town :icon_super: ...As for Supraforums yeah....Lots of traffic on that forum and I dont think the servers can handle it....ttyl

No problem. I already owe about 20 local guys rides in that Supra. :lol: I love those guys, they are HARD CORE. In my opinion, most of the fun of owning a car like that is sharing the experience and integrating into the culture. I love it!

Yes we can be hardcore over on the "other side". :) I went to the Supras Invade Las Vegas event once, in 2004, and it was one of the best week ends I've had in my life. Ken Henderson is the main man. If you go in September/October, whenever it is, stay close to him and you'll have a great time. A class act. He's been bugging me to go back to Vegas or fly to Cali ever since, but my university student level of wealth is making this impossible!!!! hahaha Maybe in 2 years. It's a fun time anyways, I highly recommend it.

-Olivier

Yes we can be hardcore over on the "other side". :) I went to the Supras Invade Las Vegas event once, in 2004, and it was one of the best week ends I've had in my life. Ken Henderson is the main man. If you go in September/October, whenever it is, stay close to him and you'll have a great time. A class act. He's been bugging me to go back to Vegas or fly to Cali ever since, but my university student level of wealth is making this impossible!!!! hahaha Maybe in 2 years. It's a fun time anyways, I highly recommend it.

-Olivier

I'm pretty sure I can manage the 15 min drive it will take me to get down there. :P

Project is progressing, and here are the mods.

1997 Black/Tan

6 Speed

32,800 original miles

Custom Sound Performance 3.2L stroker

CP Pistons (custom)

Pauter Rods (upgraded carr bolts) (custom rods)

Clevite bearings

ARP main studs

Program Billet mains

Line honed block

Stock bore size

Fully polished and ported head (clearance for BIG cams)

+1mm Crower valves

Ferrea dual spring/retainers

L19 Head studs

BIG custom Crane cams

Unorthodox Cam gears

Unorthodox Pulleys

BoostLogic crank pulley

BoostLogic Billet tension

SP Racing Intake Manifold

Wilson 105mm Throttlebody with Wiggins Clamp

Custom 4” intake piping (Wiggins)

SP racing turbo header T6

Tial 44mm wastegate

GT47-80mm turbo (polished and coated) T6

Custom SP (chromed) 6” cold air intake

Custom cnc’d water neck (to fit large frame turbo)

Custom 5” SP downpipe (recirculated)

HKS racing bov

Fluidyne Supra TT radiator

RPS Carbon/Carbon clutch

Custom 1pc steel driveshaft (cnc’d ends)

SP modded Toyota Oil pump (new)

Toyota waterpump (new)

Toyota P/S pump (new)

Toyota Timing belt (new)

Polished Valve cover

Upper radiator hard pipe

Upper Radiator Colling Plate

Upper Radiator Show Plate

3 Intank Fuel Pumps.

Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator

1200cc Injectors

SP fuel rail (dual feed)

Custom AN Fuel Lines

TRD LSD

TRD Sway bars

Cusco carbon rear strut bar

Tein Flex coilovers

Tein EDFC controller

TRD motor mounts

HKS DLI

Blitz turbo timer

AEM EMS with 5 bar map sensor

AEM Tru Boost Controller

AEM Serial Gauge

FJO Wideband gauge custom mounted

TRD 10K Tach

TRD Steering Wheel

Trunk relocated battery

RMM front lip

Bomex side skirts

Pro EFI

TTC Performance Pedals

Sound Performance 5 inch race Intercooler

Brembo 14 inch front brakes

Brembo Slotted rear rotors

Calipers done in Lamborghini Verde

HRE 597R 18X10 (275) front

HRE 507R 18X11 (315) rear

Carpet redone in Black

Clear Signal Markers

Smoked Taillights + 3rd Brake Light

Seibon Carbon Fiber Eyelids

MVP Coated Aluminum Shift Knob

10% Tinted Windows

Sparco Milano 2 Black w/bolsters done in Verde Leather

Rear seats done in black/verde

Verde Leather Door panel inserts

Shift boot black leather stitched in Verde stitch

Shaved front Toyota emblem + removal and fill of license bracket

Rims + seats are not in yet, obviously, and the front bumper has not been done yet.

IMG_1153.JPG

spracefmic1.jpg

toddbrembo.jpg

Toddinterior.jpg

Toddsupra1.jpg

toddtint.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Just stunning, how much have you spend so far? ( if you dont mind me asking)

You know the saying "if you have to ask you cant afford it." lol.....Shyte that phrase doesnt work real well on a Lambo board lol...

Nice update Vegas. Cant wait to see what she looks like when done...I see SP is mining the domestic market as well...TT Ve tte?:)

You know the saying "if you have to ask you cant afford it." lol.....Shyte that phrase doesnt work real well on a Lambo board lol...

Nice update Vegas. Cant wait to see what she looks like when done...I see SP is mining the domestic market as well...TT Ve tte?:)

I had INTENDED to go retrieve the car next week, but Chicago is getting 7 straight days of snow and up to 2 FEET in the next 48 hours....soooooooo...that's not going to happen. :lol: The car is going in a trailer and being shipped back. My schedule is entirely too hectic to get stuck there either. :lol: I'll update when the car is done. I realize most Lambo guys care a LOT less about a Supra than the Supra guys seem to care about the Lambo. I'm just both. :P

Now I didn't SPEND this on the car, but it's a 32,000 mile original 1997 anniversary year car, so with the price of such a car and all the mods, the car has around $150,000 into it.

Ken is a very good friend of ours. I will upload a video of his 2Supra built by us here at SP Engineering. Here are a few pictures of his car along the way. Enjoy.

Also here is a new item if you are interested. Its available in the Dry Carbon and Wet Carbon look.

spacer.gifTitek Dry Carbon Fiber Plug + Timing Belt Cover.

SUPRA_DRY.jpg

Ken is a very good friend of ours. I will upload a video of his 2Supra built by us here at SP Engineering. Here are a few pictures of his car along the way. Enjoy.

Also here is a new item if you are interested. Its available in the Dry Carbon and Wet Carbon look.

spacer.gifTitek Dry Carbon Fiber Plug + Timing Belt Cover.

I just saw the pics of it on his car. Nicely done.

not a supra/g owner but am an aston/ex skyline gtr owner, mates gotta 450whp supra tho n it will and has had f 360's without 2 much trouble, 1300 thts jus mental! now 4 all those winging exotic owners tht cry n go on 4 ages blah blah blah bout modded cars racing exotics well there ya go, a man who has both so nw put em both 2 the test! wots the defence?ya cant exactly say a tt g aint modded?

Dyno graph from today. Yes, I got out of bed, sick from the flu, just to check my email for the dyno numbers. I'm sick in more ways than one. :lol:

todd1061.jpg

not a supra/g owner but am an aston/ex skyline gtr owner, mates gotta 450whp supra tho n it will and has had f 360's without 2 much trouble, 1300 thts jus mental! now 4 all those winging exotic owners tht cry n go on 4 ages blah blah blah bout modded cars racing exotics well there ya go, a man who has both so nw put em both 2 the test! wots the defence?ya cant exactly say a tt g aint modded?

I certainly will be putting them up against one another. I'll put up the dyno sheets and vids on both cars and then we will go have some fun. ;)

Supra came off the dyno yesterday, see chart above.

1061rwhp

802lb/ft torque

Next up......TT Gallardo. ;)