94 VT Diablo Problem

BABVT

Hi

Got a problem with my 94 VT Diablo.

Left exhaust is not getting hot after running it for approximately 10 minutes.

The heat reading was 53 degrees celcius while the right exhaust was 98 degrees celcius.

To me the obvious was the coil needed replacing but I swapped them over from left to right to see if I needed to purchase a new coil. The problem was still on the left side with the manifold and exhaust not getting hot (like the other side). No problem with coil. So I then checked the coil leads and the spark plug leads. No problems with any of the leads. Next I checked to see if there was spark on the spark plug itself and there was. I then proceeded to swap the computers to see if that may do anything but it didn't.

There is a strong smell of petrol in the left exhaust and every few minutes, it back fires but not really loud. When the car starts, white smoke comes out the left exhaust for a second or two.

Overall, it seems to be getting spark right through to the spark plug, fuel because of the strong smell and air.

Gas is coming out of the left exhaust but not as much as the right.

I have a tubi exhaust on the car and it still has the cats. The right side of the engine controls the right exhaust and the left controls the left exhaust.

Did an ohms test on all the leads and they are less than half the reading of the genuine leads. I have after market leads on the car. Example reading as folllows 1.73 compared to 3.65, 2.06 compared to 5.18 etc. This is the same for all the leads. I don't know whether this is important but it may mean something to someone. The car has ran fine with the after market leads.

Got an error reading on the left side referring to the oxygen sensor rich with fuel. After 5 minutes running, the error message turns off.

Thanks for your help again.

Did you check the fuel pump pressure, maybe one of the pumps is stuck open/malfunctioning, flooding the cylinders and as a result the plugs are not able to spark and ignite the fuel?

Did you check the fuel pump pressure, maybe one of the pumps is stuck open/malfunctioning, flooding the cylinders and as a result the plugs are not able to spark and ignite the fuel?

Just wondering,

would that really happen? Wouldn't high pressure just put strain on the injector? It's the injector that opens and closes. Could high fuel pressure push past a closed injector?

Shamile

Hi

Replaced coil, distributor cap and rotor. Unfortunately no change.

I am having all the injectors removed and cleaned tomorrow and also will get the oxygen sensors checked.

Does anyone have a wiring diragram for a 94 VT Diablo?

Will keep you updated.

Does the '94 Diablo have one or two fuel pumps? I had a similar problem in my last CT which turned out to be intermittent fuel pump relays. Sometimes one side would be off, then next time it was the other side. My friend finally figured it out when he felt the exhaust and one side was cold. I cleaned the connectors on the relay and that solved the problem.

• 1 year later...
Just wondering,

would that really happen? Wouldn't high pressure just put strain on the injector? It's the injector that opens and closes. Could high fuel pressure push past a closed injector?

Shamile

It's not likely. Typically fuel pumps put out LESS pressure when they fail.

Hi

Got a problem with my 94 VT Diablo.

Left exhaust is not getting hot after running it for approximately 10 minutes.

The heat reading was 53 degrees celcius while the right exhaust was 98 degrees celcius.

To me the obvious was the coil needed replacing but I swapped them over from left to right to see if I needed to purchase a new coil. The problem was still on the left side with the manifold and exhaust not getting hot (like the other side). No problem with coil. So I then checked the coil leads and the spark plug leads. No problems with any of the leads. Next I checked to see if there was spark on the spark plug itself and there was. I then proceeded to swap the computers to see if that may do anything but it didn't.

There is a strong smell of petrol in the left exhaust and every few minutes, it back fires but not really loud. When the car starts, white smoke comes out the left exhaust for a second or two.

Overall, it seems to be getting spark right through to the spark plug, fuel because of the strong smell and air.

Gas is coming out of the left exhaust but not as much as the right.

I have a tubi exhaust on the car and it still has the cats. The right side of the engine controls the right exhaust and the left controls the left exhaust.

Did an ohms test on all the leads and they are less than half the reading of the genuine leads. I have after market leads on the car. Example reading as folllows 1.73 compared to 3.65, 2.06 compared to 5.18 etc. This is the same for all the leads. I don't know whether this is important but it may mean something to someone. The car has ran fine with the after market leads.

Got an error reading on the left side referring to the oxygen sensor rich with fuel. After 5 minutes running, the error message turns off.

Thanks for your help again.

Looks like you've checked a few things.

Remember, the intake manifolds on a Diablo cross over to opposite sides.

this is basically what was happening to my car, lots of fuel dumping into the manifold.

Coils were fine.

Injectors were clogged and then reset to spec

ALL sensors replaced

manifold and throttle bodies cleaned and reset

all electronic leads were checked, cleaned, and replaced where needed

new pressure regulators

everything reset to factory spec

oh, did I mention an egine out

turned out to be a loose wire.

Guest Lambostuff

Check with our Lamborghini franchised dealer sponsors for the best prices on lamborghini parts.

Thanks

Jason

this is basically what was happening to my car, lots of fuel dumping into the manifold.

Coils were fine.

Injectors were clogged and then reset to spec

ALL sensors replaced

manifold and throttle bodies cleaned and reset

all electronic leads were checked, cleaned, and replaced where needed

new pressure regulators

everything reset to factory spec

oh, did I mention an egine out

turned out to be a loose wire.

Topcarbon,

Can you specify which wire was loose? Was this wire directly responsible for the fuel dumping?

Shamile

Topcarbon,

Can you specify which wire was loose? Was this wire directly responsible for the fuel dumping?

Shamile

yes, when i pick up the car I will get a full explination.

Hi

Replaced coil, distributor cap and rotor. Unfortunately no change.

I am having all the injectors removed and cleaned tomorrow and also will get the oxygen sensors checked.

Does anyone have a wiring diragram for a 94 VT Diablo?

Will keep you updated.

Was justt reading this thread.....Did you get it resolved? First thing I would do is swap the LIE's (engine ecu's) side to side and see what happens. We have seen this too many times as the 1-6 LIE controls a lot more things on the engine that the 7-12. You might have a problem with the 1-6 LIE and since they are the same by swaping them the 7-12 will now become the 1-6 and take control of the "master" requirements which might just solve your problem......Let me know.

Grant

Check the vacuum pipe for the non-firing side - i had same issue a couple of weeks ago with only 6 cylinders, all it was that the pipe had come off.