SRT-10 Viper

apto

Hey guys,

I was looking to trade my 03' S2000 for a yellow 04' SRT-10 Viper (vert). It has 25,000 miles and its $42000.

I have been through a few cars (350z, E46 M3, S2000) but nothing of this much power or American. I was just looking for some input as far as reliability, is it as much fun as it looks ;-), and anything else that you guys can tell me.

I plan on test driving this yellow one next week, so then I will let ya know what I think.

Thanks

Why don't you ask some guys on the vespa board.................this is lambopower, not formerly known as daimlerchrysler soon be out of production viper board.

I used to own a stock Porsche 996 TT, it smoked all Vipers on the big track at Willow Springs and Buttonwillow. Those are two very fast tracks that should favor a POS like a Viper. Actually, I owned an 99 NSX as well, half the hp, faster on the track.

Unfortunately the Viper has shit brakes and creepy handling plus a 93 plymouth neon has a better interior and a/c that works. NSX brakes are shit too though.

Buy a better car like an EVO MR or a STI and save a few bucks. You'll live longer and can drive it to work.

I hate Vipers, evil, underdeveloped, poorly built pieces of SXXX. I am glad they are getting the axe, they were always a fraud.

Most on this board will trash the car but I loved mine. I put over 80,000 on my supercharged 96 GTS and never had a single problem. Great car, great torque. Worth every penny. I also owned a 996 turbo, I personally prefer the Viper.

Why don't you ask some guys on the vespa board.................this is lambopower, not formerly known as daimlerchrysler soon be out of production viper board.

I used to own a stock Porsche 996 TT, it smoked all Vipers on the big track at Willow Springs and Buttonwillow. Those are two very fast tracks that should favor a POS like a Viper. Actually, I owned an 99 NSX as well, half the hp, faster on the track.

Unfortunately the Viper has shit brakes and creepy handling plus a 93 plymouth neon has a better interior and a/c that works. NSX brakes are shit too though.

Buy a better car like an EVO MR or a STI and save a few bucks. You'll live longer and can drive it to work.

I hate Vipers, evil, underdeveloped, poorly built pieces of SXXX. I am glad they are getting the axe, they were always a fraud.

I posted here because I figured I would get non-biased good information which I normally get. I also put this thread in the off-topic board so not lambo related. I appreciate your feedback though, and I am just trying to get away from the Japanese thing. I may go back to another M3 or 335. I guess I love the possibility of having a car that is "semi-exotic" with that much power.

Thanks

Tom

I posted here because I figured I would get non-biased good information which I normally get. I also put this thread in the off-topic board so not lambo related. I appreciate your feedback though, and I am just trying to get away from the Japanese thing. I may go back to another M3 or 335. I guess I love the possibility of having a car that is "semi-exotic" with that much power.

Thanks

Tom

If you want a cheap reliable exotic, get an NSX and put a brembo big brake kit on it. There is a Porsche 928 conversion that will fit on an NSX, if you go to a 17 front, 18 rear wheel set up. Plus you can supercharge them for $7k which will give you close to 400 hp.

Thanks

Tom

The Viper is not that bad. It is cheap crude and inmo not the car for the track. But for beating the piss out of, its hard to beat.

hey Vipers are great cars, one of the best bang for buck cars out there. Theres not really any confusion that comes with the badge, i.e people getting a car just for crowd appeal, its just a straight up raw car with a lot of raw power. However anything said above is quite true, abs, brakes, a/c those were know problems with the older models, with the newer ones I'm not too sure. Also is the person selling his viper for 42K including the S2K as a trade or without?

• 2 weeks later...
hey Vipers are great cars, one of the best bang for buck cars out there. Theres not really any confusion that comes with the badge, i.e people getting a car just for crowd appeal, its just a straight up raw car with a lot of raw power. However anything said above is quite true, abs, brakes, a/c those were know problems with the older models, with the newer ones I'm not too sure. Also is the person selling his viper for 42K including the S2K as a trade or without?

No selling the S2k for 15k, and pay the difference.