My car is for sale!!

MANG

.....not that one!, this one!

been really interesting. My daily driver Range Rover crapped out on me (full engine rebuild - ouch!). In the interim I needed an all wheel drive get around car and found this rugged little Subaru wagon. Has 257,000 miles and runs like a top. It is a little rough and it has been interesting to note people's reaction to me EVERYWHERE vs. their natural reaction to a snobby Range Rover driver, lol! Social studies!

I continue to drive the Subaru - gets three times the gas mileage as my RR and on regular gas!!!

post-9329-1205524302_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1205524349_thumb.jpg

.....not that one!, this one!

been really interesting. My daily driver Range Rover crapped out on me (full engine rebuild - ouch!). In the interim I needed an all wheel drive get around car and found this rugged little Subaru wagon. Has 257,000 miles and runs like a top. It is a little rough and it has been interesting to note people's reaction to me EVERYWHERE vs. their natural reaction to a snobby Range Rover driver, lol! Social studies!

I continue to drive the Subaru - gets three times the gas mileage as my RR and on regular gas!!!

It'll probably remain on sale.............

bastard :thefinger:

you got me thinking that you wanted to sell the Alfa :thefinger:

on another note... how many miles did the RR engine lasted? been thinking of buying one of those to replace my G-Wagen :eusa_think:

lol how do you get into that thing without a door handle?

The same way he get's into his other car....

1969-Dodge-Charger-General-Lee-DOH-FA-JS

still lmao!! at your comments, I knew you would slag me bigtime.lol, but credit to your humor and wit :icon_fU: :icon_butt:

I just drove my subaru turd wagon through a blizzard from Reno over 9,000 ft. Mt. Rose summit and into Tahoe Basin. It's my new flyride. I wondered if anyone here drove a hooptie car and compared the way you are 'judged' by everyone and anyone. It is kinda interesting.

I am the only one who knows how to get in, and the car is scary just to be near, so I leave it not worried about things inside, etc..

a real contrast to driving a Countach for example!!!!!

bastard :thefinger:

you got me thinking that you wanted to sell the Alfa :thefinger:

on another note... how many miles did the RR engine lasted? been thinking of buying one of those to replace my G-Wagen :eusa_think:

Range Rover motor overheated TOO far driving up Mt. Rose and had 96K miles. It was hard deciding to spend the $9K to get her redone, since the freakin' thing is worth about $8K.lol. But I have had the suspension done (airbags removed for shocks and springs), and it is a clean one with factory navigation and fully loaded. I like the old school style and truck like ride instead of newer replacement RR's.

Did you find your dream Alfa Spider yet?

Mike

Range Rover motor overheated TOO far driving up Mt. Rose and had 96K miles. It was hard deciding to spend the $9K to get her redone, since the freakin' thing is worth about $8K.lol. But I have had the suspension done (airbags removed for shocks and springs), and it is a clean one with factory navigation and fully loaded. I like the old school style and truck like ride instead of newer replacement RR's.

Did you find your dream Alfa Spider yet?

Mike

ok I had one like your's but the diesel one...blue\camel but the thing was slowwwwwwwwwwww.... i drove in a Petrol one last week and actually liked it, compared to my G-Wagen it's a rocket :icon_mrgreen:

didn't find a Spider all the ones for sale around here are in need of TLC, and for me that doesn't work,,, I suck at Tech stuff so I have to pay for everything so I will wait untill some of the Alfa Romeo Club members decides to sell his Spider...

from Alfa at the moment I just have 2 MY 2001 V6 GTV's

335b024e32.jpg

EDIT better pic also with my previous 155 widebody :icon_thumleft:

194734e3dc.jpg

as i will be loosing my license ( again :eusa_wall: ) i lost all the hurry to buy the Spider...

ok I had one like your's but the diesel one...blue\camel but the thing was slowwwwwwwwwwww.... i drove in a Petrol one last week and actually liked it, compared to my G-Wagen it's a rocket :icon_mrgreen:

didn't find a Spider all the ones for sale around here are in need of TLC, and for me that doesn't work,,, I suck at Tech stuff so I have to pay for everything so I will wait untill some of the Alfa Romeo Club members decides to sell his Spider...

from Alfa at the moment I just have 2 MY 2001 V6 GTV's

335b024e32.jpg

EDIT better pic also with my previous 155 widebody :icon_thumleft:

194734e3dc.jpg

as i will be loosing my license ( again :eusa_wall: ) i lost all the hurry to buy the Spider...

you can't just inform that you are 'losing your license again' - like you are planning it or something? Do tell!! WTF? I hope you have an intriguing story to tell...high speed chase, hot chicks, exotic cars and locale???

What happened?

:icon_mrgreen:

oops - oh fk, I did see that thread and was too busy to stay on Lambo Power all day that day,lol. I will read it with interest - sorry dude!

I have decided to just drive it daily until it gives me it's last gasp. Could be my daily hooptie for years to come! :icon_mrgreen: