Nissan GT-R

Castor Troy

:icon_thumleft: http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080506.004/eu...ders-reach-1500

""In the US, the allocation for model year 2008 GT-Rs is sold out, and 60% of 2009's allocation has already been pre-sold. Customer deliveries of the car begin in the US in July""

Thats

That's not true. I know of 3 gtrs available for purchase, one is an early August delivery, one October and one December.

No problem. Same day, some conditions.

accad4.gif

Past 80 mph (in other words, past the wonders of AWD), the GTR is smoked.

Every mag that have compared these two on the same day and same conditions come up with the same result. Result being, close to 60-80, then the Plastic mess-06 runs away.

This info would have been helpful last week on 6speedonline.com. There was a huge argumentative thread on the Nissan GTR in which some trolls played on the egoes of the Porsche fans/owners, by arguing the GTR is the greater car on all accounts.

The GTR is a great car, but, still, too large imho. Plus, it seems like driver involvement in the performance is way too limited beyond steering and digital input for it to be as fun as other raw sports vehicles.

I read this on 6speedonline. Sounds plausable as I still wasnt able to totally believe a car with its released specs can do 7:29 at the Ring. This, if true, also casts a cloud over the 7:38 time. Once you lie nothing you say can be believed at face value.

" I have spoken to one of the R&T editors, who was kind enough to take the time to discuss the provenance of the GT-Rs used in testing. That conversation relates to this thread as follows: Nissan provided 3 GT-Rs for testing to the automotive press. A white, a silver, and a Black one. The black one was damaged somehow and was kept in reserve for parts. All three cars are US spec, but are definitely pre-production, and are classified as "engineering test cars", which is the only way they are legal for registration and operation on US roads. Once their lifecycle is done (90 days), they go to the crusher. This explains the caveats by C&D, and MT regarding the performance, and the extraordinary dyno result produced by the silver car.

That SAME silver car, with Michigan plates, is the one now competing in the One Lap. It is therefore NOT a production car, and if the dyno is any indication, is making a lot more power than the production car's certified 480.

I agree with Wanderer Plastic mess-06 that this has no real bearing on the OneLap since it's a run-what-you-brung race, but the GT-R fanoys have been claiming all along that a production GT-R is outperforming the stock Z06s and that is simply not true.

The R&T editor also said that this car is causing a major ruckus in the auto press and that some mags are rethinking their testing procedures with respect to manufacturer-supplied vehicles. Automobile reportedly declined to test the Nissan at this time because the cars supplied were not production cars. Expect that trend to be followed by others henceforward, he said."

According to LeftLaneNews..

POS engineers say ZR1 will best Nissan GT-R's Nürburgring lap time

POS Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter says that a production version of the ZR1 will be able to beat the GT-R's impressive mark.

Up until now, only pre-production ZR1s have been lapping the Nürburgring. But with Chevrolet's 638 horsepower, 205 mph sports car now ready for production, POS engineers feel that the supercar from Detroit will have no trouble eclipsing the GT-R's time.

Juechter even told Edmunds that the ZR1 should be able to lap the track in "seven minutes, twenty-something seconds."

But even if the 'POS can best 7 minutes 29 seconds, it still has to contend with the higher-performance GT-R V-Spec.

-WTF? I've copied and pasted and its showing a bunch of POS? I tried editing and its still showing.

According to LeftLaneNews..

POS engineers say ZR1 will best Nissan GT-R's Nürburgring lap time

POS Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter says that a production version of the ZR1 will be able to beat the GT-R's impressive mark.

Up until now, only pre-production ZR1s have been lapping the Nürburgring. But with Chevrolet's 638 horsepower, 205 mph sports car now ready for production, POS engineers feel that the supercar from Detroit will have no trouble eclipsing the GT-R's time.

Juechter even told Edmunds that the ZR1 should be able to lap the track in "seven minutes, twenty-something seconds."

But even if the 'POS can best 7 minutes 29 seconds, it still has to contend with the higher-performance GT-R V-Spec.

-WTF? I've copied and pasted and its showing a bunch of POS? I tried editing and its still showing.

LMAO :lol2: First time it happened to me I kept trying to fix it on my end lol......V.e.tt.e is hated on this site so everytime you type C.orvette or V.ette you get it replaced by pos. Hilarious.

The GTR is a fantastic value, but it does not defy physics, its roughly equal to a 997TT, but easier to drive due to electronics; what IS a major issue is the tranny and if it will hold up with the power gains owners are intending to pursue...This to me is a huge problem potentionally, there is a reason P hasnt yet introduced DSG...

The GTR is a fantastic value, but it does not defy physics, its roughly equal to a 997TT, but easier to drive due to electronics; what IS a major issue is the tranny and if it will hold up with the power gains owners are intending to pursue...This to me is a huge problem potentionally, there is a reason P hasnt yet introduced DSG...

Isn't DSG replacing tiptronic in 09 on 911's?

Isn't DSG replacing tiptronic in 09 on 911's?

Carrera and Carrera S models only so far, low torque engines...at some point Im sure they will figure it out for the GT2/turbo, but not quite yet...

Incidentally Id love to hear which of the two equal priced cars in this comparo they'd choose, the Z or the GTR...

Carrera and Carrera S models only so far, low torque engines...at some point Im sure they will figure it out for the GT2/turbo, but not quite yet...

All about monetization unfortunately. They can mass produce it today for the Turbo or any other high-torque no problem...but the cost for the components to deal with the additional force doesn't pencil out in cars that are under a certain price level.

Now in the case of the Veyron the numbers DO pencil out as that car's MSRP covers the cost by a few cents... :icon_mrgreen: :lol2:

I'm sure if and when they do come out with the DSG for the Porsche's, it will be a very good system. Porsches's have always been good at what they do and they do tons of R&D before putting it on the shelves.

I'm sure if and when they do come out with the DSG for the Porsche's, it will be a very good system. Porsches's have always been good at what they do and they do tons of R&D before putting it on the shelves.

Definitely. The Veyron's DSG is flawless by all accounts.

The Spec V will be to the GT-R what the Porsche GT3 RS is to the 911.

By Sam Mitani

According to our source, the Spec V will be to the GT-R what the Porsche GT3 RS is to the 911. It will be significantly lighter than the base car — we hear by at least 220 lb. Extensive use of carbon fiber — on the hood, rear wing, front spoiler and doors — will help the GT-R weigh in at about 3600 lb. The interior may come standard with a rollcage or structural brace like the one in the original GT-R Concept, as well as carbon-fiber Recaro front seats.

There were reports that Nissan engineers contemplated deleting the air-conditioning unit from the package, but decided against it, keeping in mind that not everyone who buys this car will convert it into a racing machine. But this should be enough to tell you that the GT-R Spec V is a serious performance car, one mainly intended for the track. New lightweight 6-spoke wheels will help you distinguish it from the base GT-R.

We also uncovered that the Spec V's 3.8-liter V-6 will pump out about 520 bhp at 6500 rpm and 435 lb.-ft. of torque from 3200 to 5200, roughly a 10-percent increase from the base engine. The extra oomph comes by increasing the boost of the turbochargers.

Combine this added power with the car's lighter weight and you have a machine that'll be so fast it's downright scary. Zero to 60 mph will be near 3 seconds flat...on a cool day on an ideal driving surface, it may even break into the 2s. The quarter-mile mark will be right around 11.0 sec.

As for price, let's just say that extensive use of carbon fiber will definitely have an effect. The projected MSRP of the GT-R Spec V is $120,000.

Let's see now...

Tokyo Motor Show happens once every 2 years --- in 2005, the GTR Proto was shown; the next show in 2007, the actual GTR was shown. And with the release of the current car this summer here in N America and 1st quarter/09 in the UK, it would seem a good chance that the next Tokyo Motor Show (in Oct/09) will unveil the GTR V-spec. I wonder if there'll be a M-spec as well?

Couple updates I don't think have been posted. Haltech has been working on the ecu. Ran a best et of 11.1 and best mph of 126 in the 400m in Australia. Some dyno's of the same car on a DD(dyno dynamics). Stock everything, just a little boost and tune, 407 hp stock, 486 tuned on a historicaly low reading dyno. They said they couldn't find much hp in an exhaust which is wierd, considering a couple Japanese tuners found decent gains. Not bad, and looks like there is some room for tuning.

http://www.gtrblog.com/index.php/2008/05/1...-stock-t?blog=4

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361031

any news on the tranny not holding up issue?

In relation to the linked article or in general? From the little I've heard the trans has held up pretty good for a few testers that have used the launch control many times.

The article was talking about the launch control disabling because you have to roll in to stage, and they didn't re-engage launch control before the start. Probably a little tricky. I guess if you plan on dragging a gtr you better stage first and get really quick with the set up procedure.