NEWBIE NEEDS ADVICE

mksu19

Hi guys,

I was directed to this forum from F-Chat. Im in the market for an early Diablo and would like to know what to look out for. I have never owned a Diablo but have owned a few F-Cars and a Countach for a day and a half (long story). Anyways, Ill be flying into LA for the weekend to look at a couple of potential Diablos. The fellows from F-Chat had given me great advice but some have given me negative feedbacks regarding the early model Diablo. I would be highly appreciative for any and all your responses. Thanks again guys and HAPPY MOTORING!!!

Hi guys,

I was directed to this forum from F-Chat. Im in the market for an early Diablo and would like to know what to look out for. I have never owned a Diablo but have owned a few F-Cars and a Countach for a day and a half (long story). Anyways, Ill be flying into LA for the weekend to look at a couple of potential Diablos. The fellows from F-Chat had given me great advice but some have given me negative feedbacks regarding the early model Diablo. I would be highly appreciative for any and all your responses. Thanks again guys and HAPPY MOTORING!!!

Hello and welcome,

.....can be or Ken B.

but I would advice you to edit your post for all f-chat remarks - just thought.

Next step is the search button - there are already a few threads.

Anyway, its up to you and you should drive both to get your own opinion about RWD / VT, the breakes, dash board....a.s.o.

I am in love with my VT and would never ever swap for a `91-`93.

Good Luck

Wolfgang

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Hmmmm.....I wonder who sent you here!?!?!?

Shamile

Yeah! I wonder who?

Probably some jerk over at the other brands forum who owns a Lambo and a F car.

Yeah! I wonder who?

Probably some jerk over at the other brands forum who owns a Lambo and a F car.

Yeah, that idiot must be doing something right....always braggin about not being married and being able to keep his own money.

Shamile

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Hmmmm.....I wonder who sent you here!?!?!?

BTW, it was the Lchat Forum, not Fchat.

Here is something to get you started. :)

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29661

Shamile

Thanks Shamile! :D Was lost and now Im found, LOL! :D

BTW, is it posible to know if this ( http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=417683 ) could be determined just by test driving the car or a PPI? Also, is this inevitable or just something that pops up on some early production cars? Anyone? Thanks!

Yeah, that idiot must be doing something right....always braggin about not being married and being able to keep his own money.

Shamile

Hey! Hey!....................... I get to buy stuff,............... I just have to remodel her bathroom first....... lol!

Hey! Hey!....................... I get to buy stuff,............... I just have to remodel her bathroom first....... lol!

Hmmmm......if you know what's good for you....you better :D

Shamile

Thanks Shamile! :D Was lost and now Im found, LOL! :D

BTW, is it posible to know if this ( http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...st&p=417683 ) could be determined just by test driving the car or a PPI? Also, is this inevitable or just something that pops up on some early production cars? Anyone? Thanks!

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Ok msku, enough hijacking of your thread.

I think the only way to veryify the bearing problem is by a repair bill from a reputable shop. I don't think any PPI could determine if there was a problem. Even a PPI can't tell for wear on a clutch...can't see it. ( engine pull only )

I personally know of 3 early 91 Diablos that had this bearing wear. As I understand it, the bearings were changed in the 94 VT so, they don't have that issue.

I'm not putting down the early Diablos. They are honestly, one of my favorite Diablos. Raw, 2wd, simpler, uncluttered engine bay and that...... wing ! If you can find one with verified paperwork, I don't see a problem.

Be wary ( applies to all ) of any Diablo that "someone" says "it's been done" . DON"T trust them. I've been on these forums for awhile and have seen cars that I personally passed on because of sketchey paperwork, only to " blow up " ( not literally ) in the new owner's face.

Shamile

Dear Lamborghinisti,

Ok msku, enough hijacking of your thread.

I think the only way to veryify the bearing problem is by a repair bill from a reputable shop. I don't think any PPI could determine if there was a problem. Even a PPI can't tell for wear on a clutch...can't see it. ( engine pull only )

I personally know of 3 early 91 Diablos that had this bearing wear. As I understand it, the bearings were changed in the 94 VT so, they don't have that issue.

I'm not putting down the early Diablos. They are honestly, one of my favorite Diablos. Raw, 2wd, simpler, uncluttered engine bay and that...... wing ! If you can find one with verified paperwork, I don't see a problem.

Be wary ( applies to all ) of any Diablo that "someone" says "it's been done" . DON"T trust them. I've been on these forums for awhile and have seen cars that I personally passed on because of sketchey paperwork, only to " blow up " ( not literally ) in the new owner's face.

Shamile

Well hell Shamile isn't that what your car has done to you?....LOL Sorry I couldn't resist....Really, I admire your guts to take on such a project.

Well hell Shamile isn't that what your car has done to you?....LOL Sorry I couldn't resist....Really, I admire your guts to take on such a project.

Thanks IlToro....I think :)

Seriously though...

I didn't know it at the time but the mysterious urban legend of cracked Diablo headers was really a Roadster issue. Like I alway say.....a Diablo, like any hot woman....has issues !

Having gone through the car, I now realize the 7/9 header was cracked for awhile. You wouldn't know it untill it blew through the stainless foil wrap. This is why when people ask about Diablos in general, I mention, if you're looking for a Roadster....you WILL replace the headers.

Thanks for the kind words on the "guts" ! :)

After I finish, given SGFMD's ( something like that) burned Diablo, I'll be doing a full fuel line and filter and prefilter replacement with pix for everyone to see.

Shamile

Mksu, you should call Roy.

I am sure he will give you a great deal since you kiss his ass soo much over there on Fchat.

Hmmm.....

Unfair comment.

Msku has been looking for a diablo for awhile. He wasn't getting much help on L chat so I pm'd him about the great guys and technical help on Lambopower.

Let's help the guy out and get him into a Diablo !

BTW,

Msku,

Ray Grenon ( on this site ) has a white 91 for sale. He completely went throught the car and spent 25K on the gearbox rebuild and all the "while you're in there" stuff.

I sold him an OEM Diablo cover and we were talking on the phone. If you buy his D, get the cover ! :)

Shamile

...Ray Grenon ( on this site ) has a white 91 for sale. He completely went throught the car and spent 25K on the gearbox rebuild and all the "while you're in there" stuff.

I sold him an OEM Diablo cover and we were talking on the phone. If you buy his D, get the cover ! :)

Shamile

Thanks for the heads up Shamile! Maybe you could PM me his contact info? Thanks again man!

He talks a shit load back on Fchat, review some of his posts.

A prick like that doenst deserve any help...

He belongs in a 308..

Damet garm.....

Thanks for the comment. I love you too! :D