100-0 km/h in 36m (loaded, warm brakes)

MSRP: 493.850 EUR

511.700 EUR as tested with the following options:

Silver Arrow leather, 11.662 EUR

carbon inlets: 1.785 EUR

19 inch wheels: 10.115 EUR

19 inch disk brakes: 5.590 EUR

untitledslr__Large_.jpg

LOL at the price EU pays compared to US.

Also LOL at full insurance price 16252€

Such a beautiful car!

1/4 mile in 11.6 Allan. the SLR's times are so frikin consistant from track to track, drive to drive, consitant to continant.

I think the SLR roadster is about 25 kg heavier than the coupe (according to this article). not sure what Mclaren says.

How much heavier is the SLR vert compared to the coupe? It went 100-200 km/h in 7.4 seconds. I did 6.73 seconds in my SL65.

No idea, but no ifs ands or butts, my SLR stock is faster than a Renntech Sl65 or 600. There were 2 of them here, and I even raced one same day same time, and the SLR trapped several mph faster and the owner has the record SL65 time at the track 10.85

No idea, but no ifs ands or butts, my SLR stock is faster than a Renntech Sl65 or 600. There were 2 of them here, and I even raced one same day same time, and the SLR trapped several mph faster and the owner has the record SL65 time at the track 10.85

I have yet to see any info on a stock SLR running 60-130mph in better than 7.78 seconds, or 100-200km/h in better than 6.73 seconds. I have seen lots of info to suggest they run a decent amount slower than those times. So until I see some evidence to the contrary, MY Renntech SL65 is faster than a stock SLR in those races.

I have yet to see any info on a stock SLR running 60-130mph in better than 7.78 seconds, or 100-200km/h in better than 6.73 seconds. I have seen lots of info to suggest they run a decent amount slower than those times. So until I see some evidence to the contrary, MY Renntech SL65 is faster than a stock SLR in those races.

Not even remotely. How can you say you need evidence to the contrary? :lol2: :lol2: You are out testing in 47 degrees at a completely different elevation , and im here telling you EXACTLY word for word what happened between the exact same 2 cars in question. Not only can i tell you, but you can ask Luis or Secc Joe, who also happened to own a Renntech SL600.

Also, Ryno is here this week. I hope to get the VBOX back, and we'll strap it to his car. Are his HP numbers similar to yours? Im hoping he will run on pump gas, and you will see that there will be a significant difference in his times, from yours.

Oh so you guys all ran 60-130mph and 100-200km/h? Didn't think so. 1 of 2 things are happening. 1. Your car is a ringer of an SLR, or 2. the AZ heat/elevation affects the SLs more than it does your SLR. I have seen several tests for the 60-130mph or 100-200km/h for various stock SLRs and none have come close to my times in my SL65.

Also, Ryno is here this week. I hope to get the VBOX back, and we'll strap it to his car. Are his HP numbers similar to yours? Im hoping he will run on pump gas, and you will see that there will be a significant difference in his times, from yours.

I am not sure what his HP numbers are, but I do know that his car is heavier than mine. From what I have been told, his car on race gas was barely able to pull Bernards car on pump gas. Mine would not have that same problem.

Oh so you guys all ran 60-130mph and 100-200km/h? Didn't think so. 1 of 2 things are happening. 1. Your car is a ringer of an SLR, or 2. the AZ heat/elevation affects the SLs more than it does your SLR. I have seen several tests for the 60-130mph or 100-200km/h for various stock SLRs and none have come close to my times in my SL65.
I dont think I got a ringer at all. My times were all in line with magazines , maybe slightly better mph, and in florida someone else got a better ET than me (11.4) . I raced many fast cars from roll ons, and we were all suprised at how ell the SLR ran.

I dont think I got a ringer at all. My times were all in line with magazines , maybe slightly better mph, and in florida someone else got a better ET than me (11.4) . I raced many fast cars from roll ons, and we were all suprised at how ell the SLR ran.

Do you have any stock dyno graphs (of your car) and one after your mod for comparison?

Do you have any stock dyno graphs (of your car) and one after your mod for comparison?

Yes of course. Ive posted them before.

SLRDYNO.jpg

SLR_DYNO.JPG

I cant believe you of all people, even taking altitude out of the equation, wouldnt agree that temps make a MASSIVE difference alone. You are talking you ran your SL65 in 45 degrees, when i ran my car stock at the track it was 91! When I ran my Vbox times it was over 85!

I cant believe you of all people, even taking altitude out of the equation, wouldnt agree that temps make a MASSIVE difference alone. You are talking you ran your SL65 in 45 degrees, when i ran my car stock at the track it was 91! When I ran my Vbox times it was over 85!

I am not comparing my car to your car Allan, I am comparing my car to published times. One of which you opened this thread with. And my car is faster than the 100-200 km/h time you posted, so give my car some credit. I know the temps and elevation make a big difference. They could make a bigger difference on the SL than the SLR though.

I am not comparing my car to your car Allan, I am comparing my car to published times. One of which you opened this thread with. And my car is faster than the 100-200 km/h time you posted, so give my car some credit. I know the temps and elevation make a big difference. They could make a bigger difference on the SL than the SLR though.
Dude! You know what we think about published times!!

Here is example of published times:

6.1 - Saleen S7 Twin Turbo

6.9 - Mosler MT900S

7.0 - Ferrari Enzo

7.3 - Porsche Carrera GT

8.6 - Chevrolet Corvette C6 Plastic mess-06

8.9 - Mercedes SLR McLaren

9.1 - Porsche 993 RUF Turbo R (100 octane)

9.4 - Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0

9.5 - Ferrari F430

9.6 - Ferrari F50

10.9 - Lamborghini Murcielago

11.7 - Ferrari Challenge Stradale

12.1 - Lamborghini Gallardo

12.2 - Porsche 996TT

So according to that, a stock Plastic mess-06 is faster than my SLR :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: And the Porsche CGT blows me away. SECC Joe and I raced his CGT and my SLR atleast 4-5 times from 50-160mph. They are dead even. Whoever got the jump won, with the other car hanging right on its tail, neither car pulling.

How can your car run stock in the 1/4 faster and more MPH than every single SLR stock published time in the blazing AZ heat and up in the mountains? It is either a ringer or its barely affected by the heat/elevation. Which is it? You cant have it both ways. You cant have the fastest SLR in the worst of conditions, and something not be up.

Aaron

How can your car run stock in the 1/4 faster and more MPH than every single SLR stock published time in the blazing AZ heat and up in the mountains? It is either a ringer or its barely affected by the heat/elevation. Which is it? You cant have it both ways. You cant have the fastest SLR in the worst of conditions, and something not be up.

Aaron

The car would have definitely run faster in cooler weather, and is most certainly affected by the heat and elevation. As I said before, on a very cool day with DEuce at sea level in Cali, the car was faster stock than it is here modded. On drag times another SLR ran just under 130 bone stock also with a slightly slower ET. Also, my Dynos are right inline with others.

I am not sure what his HP numbers are, but I do know that his car is heavier than mine. From what I have been told, his car on race gas was barely able to pull Bernards car on pump gas. Mine would not have that same problem.

Yeah, that is correct. Ryhno has a big wing, wheels, big side scoops, stereo etc. When his car was road tested, my car tagged along... thru the middle of 5th gear, there was no more than a car length difference.