PORSCHE 996TT to a 997TT ?

BUMN

Anyone go from a 996 tt to a 997 tt? want to know if its a much better or different car... was thinking of upgrading.. or just redoing my 996tt with some performance upgrades...

Anyone go from a 996 tt to a 997 tt? want to know if its a much better or different car... was thinking of upgrading.. or just redoing my 996tt with some performance upgrades...

Inmo not worth the cash difference.

Inmo not worth the cash difference.

:iamwithstupid:

If you do decide you want a new one anyway though I'd wait a bit. The facelifted 997 comes out this fall, facelifted Turbo probably next year.

thanks where can I see photos of the new facelifted version?

There are some spy photos on 6-speed and Rennteam & Rennlist.

It's a mild facelift, not sure what all is in store for the Turbo yet, but most significant in the 997 is it gets new direct injection engine & PDK.

• 3 weeks later...

I own a 996 tt with the x5o package...I drove a 997 turbo last night..a good friend of mines....The car is amazing but not worth the extra money for the jump... if your going to make that kind of jump you should buy a gallardo or something exotic...imo

Umar

In terms of performance yes, in terms of driving involvement no. Its a personal choice but its to numb for me. I used to own a 996tt X50 and if I was to go for a 997 I would probably go for a GT3, I prefer naturally aspirated engines, again a personal choice.

Best to go for a test drive. OR------

The same with all new models on sports cars....it's a lot more cash!

Of course its better....silly question. They are worlds apart. The differences are huge guys. Power differences alone are on a par with 360 to 430....which is better??!! New car is faster than 996 GT2, which was much quicker than 996tt. New car is lighter, better aero..All new AWD system, it has PASM, PTM, bigger brakes, it's aluminium,..not steel...chrono boost pack...power delivery vastly improved..now from 1800rpm as opposed to 2900, the list goes on.