GT3 seats in Gallardo

Allan-Herbie

Cant find the thread with the seat info? Also for those who have done it, how is the seating position compared to stock? Does the seat maintain moveability? Link fo best places to buy from? Are the copies anygood?

Replicas suck. You need the real thing. Recaro makes the real one's, as well as other seats that are similar. They are a 1 peice seat so you cannot adjust anything except forward and back.

Replicas suck. You need the real thing. Recaro makes the real one's, as well as other seats that are similar. They are a 1 peice seat so you cannot adjust anything except forward and back.

Forward and back is what I meant.. Just wanted to know about seating position. Ive been in some cars with these seats, and they felt to low, or too high...not the right angle..etc

Cant find the thread with the seat info? Also for those who have done it, how is the seating position compared to stock? Does the seat maintain moveability? Link fo best places to buy from? Are the copies anygood?

I got mines from www.prestigebodykits.com . Fantastic made, available in all options (carbon fiber, kevlar, fiberglass, leather, suede or normal fabric. Very reasonable price. Fit directly on stock runners and the driving position is excelent. I tested them at the track and there is a big difference. And you will be saving 65Lbs of weight replacing the heavy stock ones.

Cheers,

Javier

Really spend the time with some GT3 seats to see if you like them. I think the seat back angle is perfect as is the mid-section and shoulder support. In a G it should be a matter of just getting the intial shimming right. Pretty easy fab stuff.

Having said that, they really work best for <34" waist and somebody that is 5'10"-6'2". Also, the deep bolsters coupled with the failrly wide door sill in G will make getting in a bit of a butt freefall and getting out more difficult than stock.

I've had three sets in cars I used on the street and loved them but some do not in sreet car. On the track you can't live without them. The weight loss is a must have too.

dont know if this will help

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...54&hl=seats

I thought D.Wiggs was close to buying some lightweight seats

Yep, and I am bolting mine to the floor directly so I have more head room. I have to go to one of the Sparco and recaro dealers to sit in the seats to be sure I choose the right one.

Yep, and I am bolting mine to the floor directly so I have more head room. I have to go to one of the Sparco and recaro dealers to sit in the seats to be sure I choose the right one.

Finally, I see an advantage in being just a tad taller than the average Italian. :icon_mrgreen:

Finally, I see an advantage in being just a tad taller than the average Italian. :icon_mrgreen:

:lol2: Yep!

Yes, If you are anything over a 34 inch waist they will be a pain in the ass. They would have worked for you 15 years ago when you had a 24" waist, Allan. :D

Yes, If you are anything over a 34 inch waist they will be a pain in the ass. They would have worked for you 15 years ago when you had a 24" waist, Allan. :D

Im a 34 waist. going on to be a 32!!! So lets get this straight... looking at the kevlar ones, and you are saying that they will boly directly to the stock seat rails? Is there a difference between the weights of the fiberglass, the carbon fiber and the kevlar? Seating position is also good?

Did you ever ride in my GT3? They were perfect for me. I had the leather fiberglass factory Porsche GT3 seats. I would assume that the Kevlar and CF ones are lighter and stronger. What is the difference in pricing?

Did you ever ride in my GT3? They were perfect for me. I had the leather fiberglass factory Porsche GT3 seats. I would assume that the Kevlar and CF ones are lighter and stronger. What is the difference in pricing?

The fiberglass with leather is 1350, the carbon is 2100, kevlar 2200...

The fiberglass with leather is 1350, the carbon is 2100, kevlar 2200...

Where are you getting these prices?

I got mines from www.prestigebodykits.com . Fantastic made, available in all options (carbon fiber, kevlar, fiberglass, leather, suede or normal fabric. Very reasonable price. Fit directly on stock runners and the driving position is excelent. I tested them at the track and there is a big difference. And you will be saving 65Lbs of weight replacing the heavy stock ones.

Cheers,

Javier

Can you take some more pics of your seats installed?

:eusa_think: Wonder if the kevlar seats are worth the additional cash over reg seats, or better off buying the fiberglass ones and customising them. Wonder what the weight difference is.

PRE_ACCS_IP_GT3_RS_K_L_2.jpg

:eusa_think: Wonder if the kevlar seats are worth the additional cash over reg seats, or better off buying the fiberglass ones and customising them. Wonder what the weight difference is.

These are mines fitted. I'm really happy with them and the leather/CF combinations looks nice for me. A big difference in comfort on the track compared with the stock ones......

post_9387_1209058436.gif

These are mines fitted. I'm really happy with them and the leather/CF combinations looks nice for me. A big difference in comfort on the track compared with the stock ones......

Which seats are those? Are they a direct bolt on to your stock railings?

Can you give us more info on the install? How is comfort on the street? Any more pics? is it an easy bolt on to the stock rails? Any more pics?

Which seats are those? Are they a direct bolt on to your stock railings?

no such thing as a stock railing, the installation method is totally different from the stock, you need to buy the adaptor and the frame that will fit Gallardo, these seats do not fit to Murcielago (informed by Recaro Germany)

no such thing as a stock railing, the installation method is totally different from the stock, you need to buy the adaptor and the frame that will fit Gallardo, these seats do not fit to Murcielago (informed by Recaro Germany)

Do not fit because of size or because of the track needed to install them? I ask because I am bolting mine directly to the floor and don't need a rail install.

Which seats are those?

I thought in another thread someone said they bolted the GT3 seats to the stock Gallardo rail?

I am not sure what you mean as rail

normally these bucket seats like Recaro pole position which I believe are the Gt3 seats you mention have mounting holes on the sides only

like pictured below, and you need the special adaptor which you see on the picture, the silver one with word RECARO

attachmenthf7.jpg