GT3 seats in Gallardo

Allan-Herbie

ahh I see the rail, rail is the thing you use to slide the seat to the front or back? so the rails are under the silver adaptors with word RECARO

I don't know why this seat does not fit to Murcielago, I think this is because there is too little space on the sides to fit the adaptor

ahh I see the rail, rail is the thing you use to slide the seat to the front or back? so the rails are under the silver adaptors with word RECARO

I don't know why this seat does not fit to Murcielago, I think this is because there is too little space on the sides to fit the adaptor

Yes, thats exactly what I mean. Will those side pieces bolt directly to the stock Gallardo rails?

no such thing as a stock railing, the installation method is totally different from the stock, you need to buy the adaptor and the frame that will fit Gallardo, these seats do not fit to Murcielago (informed by Recaro Germany)

What a pity, thanks.

This is getting to be very fustrating. I am going down to the Sparco agent tomorrow to try the Sparco Chrono seats which is closest to the LP640 sport seats, as for the rails and adapters, if it cannot be adapeted to the Mrucie than I'll have to think of something else.

I can't understand where is the problem. I fitted my GT3 just in 2 hours (including job for the harnesses). I removed the stock seats and the runners. The GT3 comes with standard bucket mounting plates which fit to the standard runners with Allen bolts. Once you have done this simply refit the runners to the floor and .....Thats all !!. Don´t forget to fit a resistor to the side airbag connectors to cancel the Airbag warning light.

IMO comfort is much better than with the stock seats (I have some minor back problems) particulary on track driving. The access to the cockpit is a little bit uncomfortable due to the high side of the bucket seat but is only a matter of practice.

As soon as the weather be sunny I will put the car outside and take some pictures showing the seats over the runners.

By the way, you can get them in the States..... http://stores.ebay.com/maxspeed-motorsports ;)

Cheers,

Javier

Yes, thats exactly what I mean. Will those side pieces bolt directly to the stock Gallardo rails?

I don't know if they will bolt directly to stock Gallardo rails, I have a custom made frame with rails, but in the previous post Javi says he bolted the seat to stock rails

This is getting to be very fustrating. I am going down to the Sparco agent tomorrow to try the Sparco Chrono seats which is closest to the LP640 sport seats, as for the rails and adapters, if it cannot be adapeted to the Mrucie than I'll have to think of something else.

What you can do is to compare the Sparco measurements with the GT3. In the picture you have all the numbers. May be the Sparco is too large for the Lambo.

Cheers,

Javier

sp_3gt3_sp_gt3c_1__nbt4.jpg

I can't understand where is the problem. I fitted my GT3 just in 2 hours (including job for the harnesses). I removed the stock seats and the runners. The GT3 comes with standard bucket mounting plates which fit to the standard runners with Allen bolts. Once you have done this simply refit the runners to the floor and .....Thats all !!. Don´t forget to fit a resistor to the side airbag connectors to cancel the Airbag warning light.

IMO comfort is much better than with the stock seats (I have some minor back problems) particulary on track driving. The access to the cockpit is a little bit uncomfortable due to the high side of the bucket seat but is only a matter of practice.

As soon as the weather be sunny I will put the car outside and take some pictures showing the seats over the runners.

By the way, you can get them in the States..... http://stores.ebay.com/maxspeed-motorsports ;)

Cheers,

Javier

That is all I wanted to know! Thank you!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Damn! I called to order the black/yellow carbon seats and they are out of stock!!!

:eusa_wall: Isn't that always the case???

I just sat in a SL today to see the seats and I can't believe how much smaller the interior space in the G is versus the Murci!

Damn! I called to order the black/yellow carbon seats and they are out of stock!!!

But your car won't be done for 2-3 months, how long before they can get some more?

You may wanna look into the Sparco S Light CF, and the Cobra Suzuka Technology.

Both are carbon fiber, and in case of the Cobra, it's 1 grand cheaper than the Sparco and comes in a 1 inch wider version called the GT which weighs in at 19lbs., the regular non GT weighs only 17lbs. I couldn't find any details on the Sparco seat.

Here they are.

Sparco S Light CF

Cobra Suzuka Technology

You may wanna look into the Sparco S Light CF, and the Cobra Suzuka Technology.

Both are carbon fiber, and in case of the Cobra, it's 1 grand cheaper than the Sparco and comes in a 1 inch wider version called the GT which weighs in at 19lbs., the regular non GT weighs only 17lbs. I couldn't find any details on the Sparco seat.

Here they are.

Sparco S Light CF

Cobra Suzuka Technology

Sparco S Light looks good

• 1 year later...

bringing up an old thread.

But I want to put recaros in the spyder either the Pole Position or sportster CS

Find the stock seat to be too hard for long driving (back problem). Had Recaros in my old car.

Wondering who sells rails for the car ?

thanks in advance.

Forward and back is what I meant.. Just wanted to know about seating position. Ive been in some cars with these seats, and they felt to low, or too high...not the right angle..etc

The brackets that mount the seat to the rails have different mounting positions for you to adjust the rake of the seat. There are also different brackets if you need extra rake and height. You just play with the different mounting holes before you lock in your desired position.

As for choice of seat, the biggest concern will be the shoulder blades of the seat. Many seats have them too wide, even with offset, for the doors to close.

• 2 months later...

Allan,

How does the GT3 seats feel in your Gallardo? Is it a direct bolt on? Do you feel major difference in seating position? Did you get any of the following? Thanks!

GT3_01.jpg

GT3_02.jpg

GT3_03.jpg

GT3_04.jpg

GT3_05.jpg

GT3_06.jpg

GT3_07.jpg

GT3_08.jpg

GT3_09.jpg