Has anyone actually driven a C63 AMG yet?

RL in Florida

I'm thinking of selling the Viper to get a sports sedan. I'm not planning on taking it to the track or anything like that, I just want something that I can zip to Miami or Orlando with more than one passenger. Saw a brand new M3 up close...not very impressed with the looks, but the performance and handling are obviously incredible (from what I have heard). I'm not a huge fan of MB overall (exception of SLR, but thats not really an MB, is it), but the C63 looks a lot meaner than previous iterations.

Has anyone actually driven one yet, and can you give me some driving impressions?

Thanks

Rick

I'm thinking of selling the Viper to get a sports sedan. I'm not planning on taking it to the track or anything like that, I just want something that I can zip to Miami or Orlando with more than one passenger. Saw a brand new M3 up close...not very impressed with the looks, but the performance and handling are obviously incredible (from what I have heard). I'm not a huge fan of MB overall (exception of SLR, but thats not really an MB, is it), but the C63 looks a lot meaner than previous iterations.

Has anyone actually driven one yet, and can you give me some driving impressions?

Thanks

Rick

Richard,

I have actually driven the C63 and the new M3. Hard....on a track. The C63 is a MUCH better car. I didn't dig the shifters that much....but in pure auto mode it was great. It would make a great DD.

-DB

It's a great car! I spent a week in one. It has a stiff suspension setup that migth get on your nerves but I didn't mind it. The power isn't ridiculous but she certainly goes.

And you can cook the tires no problem.

And the C63 looks incredible.

The only problem with the C63 is that it is a Mercedes; and, unfortunately, that is a HUGE problem.

I was about to recommend the IS-F...it seems like a great all-around car.

• 2 weeks later...

For more than one passenger you need a bigger car.I have an audi rs6 and love it, mate has m5,both great cars as is the e55amg.

C class or 3 series bmw just dont offer the versatility of the slightly bigger model.

Happy hunting