F430 Scud tests are In...

Allan-Herbie

ok ok ok. the guy on rennteam that has connections into SportAuto, who confirmed the 7:39 of the F430S about a month ago and who also confirmed that some parts of the Nring have been resurfaced told me that SportAuto weighs the cars themselves with a FULL tank.

in which case the F430S is ~3080, the regular F430 is ~3300 lbs and the Gallardo SL is ~3350, a regular Gallardo with egear is ~3550, the 997GT2 is ~3300, the Lp640 is ~3980, both the SLR and 599 are ~3850, the CGT is ~3250.

There is a substantial difference in weight between a EURO Superleggera, and a U.S Superleggera. I can believe Around 3550 lb for an Egear regular G.

Just from things we know that differ:

Seats/airbags

lift system

Glovebox

radio

Also superleggeras can be had with CCB's and without. To be honest, inmo a U.S. SuperG would still weigh slighly more than my 04. Watching the Superg race Ajglobals Spider (Albeit it did have a weight penalty as Azexoticlover is 290lbs, in a race with my old SE, i dont think much would have seperated the 2.)

lambo said the US car only had 150 lbs taken off compared to the Euro one which had 220 taken off (70 lbs difference). Car and Driver weighed a US spec Superleggera to 3430 lbs, which is 80 lbs more than the euro spec car SportAuto weighed. seems about right. dont know what lambo did to the SE and 06+ cars that so much weight was added.

ya but the LP640 lap time was the same as the CGTs... :eusa_think:

What's your point? Should one be significantly faster than the other around that track?

What's your point? Should one be significantly faster than the other around that track?

I have not seen any track times, whether its longers tracks like the Nring or shorter ones like this, that dont put the LP640 about 2 seconds a lap behind the CGT. nor have I read reviews from reviewers (whether its magazine or the personal experience of a driver/owner) that put the LP640 anywhere near the level of performance of a CGT, especially around a track. the only aspect performance segment that ive seen an LP640 accel at over a CGT is 0-60 mph (and maybe 0-100), and braking from X speed to zero (which is quite surprising considering the CGT is almost 800 lbs lighter).

So is the Superleggera, and they didnt get any exemptions.

Lamborghini is owned by Audi. Exemption or not, do you really believe that Audi will take a legal chance at any possible safety related litagation given what they went through a few years ago? We still live in a country that, all to often, is dominated by issues where we must be protected from ourselves. The downside of a tort system run wild.