560hp MTM R8

RyanRo24

Sweet car, but for $57K... well, I'd want a hell of a lot more. My friend spotted this car the other day. He said he saw a white R8 with a black spoiler. I was confused, but I just realized car and driver has this car right now, and they are based on Ann Arbor. About 20 minutes from me.

Not so sure about that.....mtm are one of the finest modders on audis over here. They built some very reliable stage 2/3 options for the rs2/4/6 where others failed.

Not so sure about that.....mtm are one of the finest modders on audis over here. They built some very reliable stage 2/3 options for the rs2/4/6 where others failed.

You think tuners are better engineers than Quattro GmbH?

WTF???????? I simply said MTM are reknown tuners and Im not sure as to whether the v10 will be a faster car than their effort. FYI MTM are no small outfit, and in addition to thousands of proven RS stage mods, are also responsible for this famous beast....

http://www.supercars.net/cars/3865.html

Do some research first...

• 3 weeks later...

Nice install, good looking car!! :icon_super:

SPECIFICATIONS: MTM AUDI R8 R SUPERCHARGEDEngine: V8 Compressor, Twin Srew Supercharger Belt Driven

Capacity in ccm: 4163 ccm

Drilling x Stroke in mm: 84,5 x 92,8 mm

Densification : 12,5 : 1

Gearbox Construction Type: 6-Speed Manual Gearbox

Power (max.): 560 PS (412 kW) bei 7.750 U/min

Supercharging Pressure (max.): 0,55 bar bei 7.750 U/min

Torque (max.): 580 Nm bei 5.500 U/min

Max Limited (unlimited): 301 km/h (315 km/h)

Acceleration: 0 -100/200 km/h: 3,9 sec./12,5sec

Drive: Permanent All-wheel Drive quattro

Brakes: VA 380 x 34 Punched, Ventilated, HA 356 x 32 Perforated, Ventilated

Rims: VA MTM Bimoto Forged 9 x 20" ET 42, HA MTM Bimoto Forged 11 x 20 ET 50

Tyres: VA Michelin Sport Cup 245/30-20", HA Michelin Sport Cup 315/25-20"

002.jpg

003.jpg

Wonder how much the R8 Hennessey Twin-Turbo 700 costs...

Why do these reputable tuners charge ridiculous amounts for these conversions? If it's really $57k for a God damn blower, that's retarded.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the Edmunds.com article...

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...otopanel..1.*#3

Look at how many times they mention the Gallardo and how Gallardo owners should be afraid....LOL

Let's see... $125k for an R8 + $55k for this conversion, or $100k for a used G + $55k for a Heffner or UGR TT conversion...

For your $55k, MTM gives you...a blower. No internal mods. Nothing. For your $55k at Heffner's (I don't know UGR's price) he gives you a fully built, TWIN TURBO, 1000hp BEAST with different maps for street and race gas.

i bet even a lp560 will give this car a run for its money

They'd probably be pretty close. Similar power, torque on this is a little more but it probably still weighs a little more. Based on their numbers, the LP still should be a little faster.

The power band of the MTM R8 is going to be much stronger than an LP560. Does that mean it will win in a flat out race? Not necessarily. But the power is available and much broader all over the rev range. That's the benefit of FI :)

You think tuners are better engineers than Quattro GmbH?

You are contradicting yourself sir! Roland Mayer WAS an Audi Engineer and wanted more. His first project was to maximize the potential of an engine he had already developed. More below:

» Company history

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It all started in 1985 with the first Quattro, unleashing a fascination for vehicles that has remained with us ever since. It’s no surprise, after all, as a young engineer in the mid 80s I was involved in the development of the now legendary five-cylinder in-line Audi Quattro engine. In 1990 I established the company mtm, today our product range covers models form Audi, Seat, Skoda, VW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche and Bentley.

Back then no one could envision the company’s potential, but we possessed a unique devotion and enthusiasm. In 1992 we further developed the Audi five-cylinder in-line Quattro engine, with the mtm–upgrades it achieved well over 400 HP and was the first street licensed Audi worldwide, to brake the 300 km/h sound barrier. We are still as passionate in tending to this and other classic models today as we were back then.

Some highlights from our company are projects like the Aztec designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro, the Apollo and the development of the supercharger for the Spyker and the Venturi GT3. It’s this know how that we have applied to the V8- supercharger for street use. The latest example of our passion is our ongoing mtm-bimoto-project, a 2 engine vehicle based on the Audi TT. This extraordinary vehicle which confirmed a speed of 374 km/h in "auto motor und sport" magazine’s test on the Italian Nardo in 2003, marking it the fastest ever street licensed vehicle tested by this highly reputable technical magazine. In July 2007 the now more than 1000bhp strong mtm TT bimoto driven by Florian Gruber hit a new top speed of 393km/h setting a new official record for the top speed on the test track in Papenburg.

We share a passion and bonding with you as customer and don’t build cars to satisfy our personal vanity, instead we offer sensible, discreetly packaged individualised reconstructions. We not only promise you more performance and torque, but a completely personalised vehicle concept.

All our developments are carried out in-house or at our affiliated development company Wetec Engineering. By the series transformation we apply products from original equipment manufacturers, exclusive suppliers and our partners Michelin, Continental, KW and Performance Friction, in order to guaranty maximum driving fun, safety and stability irrespective of if we reprogramme the engine management system for an Audi A3 or performed a complete reconstruction of an Audi RS6.

All our vehicles and developments are meticulously tested at our mtm-test centre and mtm vehicles are frequently pushed to extremes by race motor sport masters like Walter Röhrl, Armin Schwarz or Florian Gruber on the North Curve at the Hockenheimring as well as at the High Speed Oval in Nardo. We are particularly proud of our two fully air refrigerated rolling roads.

I wish you continued fun with cars powered by mtm.

Yours

Roland Mayer and the mtm team

I'll still take Quattro's bankroll and resources over MTM. He was an engineer for Audi, though it was some time ago and surely Quattro has more experience with the R8 platform than anyone else.

I'm sure MTM is more than qualified to carry out sure a project and I don't doubt that it's a sweet ride.

fcuk the car, Ill take the seats. Audi ruined the R8 for me when in their commerical they show it morpf into an Audi TT.

You will change your mind after Audi morphs a Lambo FSI V10 into the engine bay!!

You will change your mind after Audi morphs a Lambo FSI V10 into the engine bay!!

Nope. not a fan of the design. Ill take a Lambo everytime.