Info on SV's

ken qv

Wasn't sure where to post....But I would like to know some info on the SV. Like why does the lower front spoiler have a blacked out area on it? What years are considered the best? The scoops must be functional but I can't tell where the air would go...?When did the head lights become exposed? and major red flags or problems? (i know, i need to buy a book)

Easy. U.S. Sv's were only made in 98-99. The blacked out area is just for looks, the scoops funnel air directly into the air boxes, ram air effect, the lights became exposed in 99 along with new interior. No major red flags, both years are a great choice. I have a 98.

I have a 99 SV that is fantastic. Only area you need to pay special attention to is the clutch rod and the slave cylinder assembly. The general consensus is that both need to be changed every two years to avoid being left stuck on the road with no clutch action. Poor design seems to be the culprit. Other than that the car is majic.

Kurt at Ultimate told me it is the main weakness of the SV along with the clutch rod. I know a couple of guys with SV's that have had the slave cylinder fail.

Thanks for the info. Only two years? Wow, any idea how many were made. Can anyone recommend a Diablo book that is more SV specific than not?

98+99 Sv's are all in the same bracket, they sell from 130-150k depending on miles and condition. With 10k miles id shoot for 130 and take it from there.

Btw, welcome to our site. I saw your car awhile back on Moviecarz and elsewhere when you were trying to sell that interior nitrous holder. I tried to email you asking about the carbon parts you had. What sort of problems did you have? I have a 98 Sv which will be featured in the magazine you do the intros for Luxury and Exotics, next issue.

My car has full exhaust, modified ram air, and has been running a 150 dry shot for years, without a single glitch. Still on stock clutch, havent even changed the plugs.

HI Allan;

Thank you for the welcome.

Glad to see your car will be in the mag...it is truly deserving of accolades.

My SV had the master cylinder plunger stick, had the brakes lock up/seize, had the air shock go dead, headlights stopped going up and down.

Then little things....tires expired....hazards stopped working...A/C never could keep up. I fixed them all before I sold it, but it was really the wife that wanted it gone.

Fast forward 2 years later: I got rid of her, too.

So, back to a car I think is as sexy as any on the road...and after being bored with a 996TT (and disgusted at the resale), its' time for my next Italian love.

Damn, ive heard of the shocks going bad, but most of the other stuff is new to me. Sounds like the car was a garage queen prior to your purchase. Ive had my car in AZ, Florida and Maui, and the a/c works fine.

What would be a good price for a 98 with 4000miles?

Is it the one at motor cars?

Ya, that's the one I'm curious about............I've heard bad things about Motorcars International though...................