TT and E-gear

RedGTS

I swore when I bought my G I would never do FI on it, but FI is like crack I guess, and the G chassis is so sweet all it needs is a good power injection to be darn near perfect, and well, insert your own excuse here, what can I say.

So I'm exploring the issue, and am most interested in how the E-gear system has held up in the TT cars. I'm assuming that the E-gear poses an additional risk that the manual cars do not, but how significant does it appear to be? Is there a particular power level at which E-gear problems seem to appear? And if problems do appear what are they likely to be and what's involved in fixing them?

On a similar note, what about the ESP? Does it still work at 700-800 rwhp? 1,000 rwhp? And if it doesn't work, what happens--does the car drive like it has no ESP but normally, or does it do weird things?

I'm going to do a search too but any feedback from people who have E-gear cars with twins would be appreciated. Thanks!

I swore when I bought my G I would never do FI on it, but FI is like crack I guess, and the G chassis is so sweet all it needs is a good power injection to be darn near perfect, and well, insert your own excuse here, what can I say.

So I'm exploring the issue, and am most interested in how the E-gear system has held up in the TT cars. I'm assuming that the E-gear poses an additional risk that the manual cars do not, but how significant does it appear to be? Is there a particular power level at which E-gear problems seem to appear? And if problems do appear what are they likely to be and what's involved in fixing them?

On a similar note, what about the ESP? Does it still work at 700-800 rwhp? 1,000 rwhp? And if it doesn't work, what happens--does the car drive like it has no ESP but normally, or does it do weird things?

I'm going to do a search too but any feedback from people who have E-gear cars with twins would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've run decent power and haven't found any week-link on the e-gear tt/G yet.

They seem to handle it very well. The "hard" launch is where they tend to slip and ruin the clutch. I like to get them rolling and then go to WOT. The e-gear is ten times more fun with the TT! You will actually like it a lot more with the extra power.

My egear light is on, and going to the dealer Wednesday. We'll see what it is, but beyond this light being on at 31,000 miles, there werent any other problems.

Launching the egear is 50/50 for me. With the two launch buttons on, sometimes the tires peel away, sometimes you smell a little clutch. It varies for sure, at least, for me.

Launching the egear is 50/50 for me. With the two launch buttons on, sometimes the tires peel away, sometimes you smell a little clutch. It varies for sure, at least, for me.

By "two launch buttons," do you mean ESP off and Sport mode on? I have an '04 and wasn't sure if there was a different "launch mode" for later cars. I'd be interested to hear what you find out about your E-gear light.

Would it be better to have a M/T with the TT set-up???

I have a m/t in my TT car.. IMO the TT is perfect with a traditional 6spd.. But others have had great success with Egear, including Doug..

I am curious about the ESP question.. does this button still work? when i am screwing around i always disengage first.

Hi Ronnie,

I have had a couple of cars experience some e gear related shifting issues at the 1000 horsepower level. We are currently in the process of re writing files in the factory control modules to correct this. There are definitely a handful of differences that must be considered when TTing an e gear car.

Hi Ronnie,

I have had a couple of cars experience some e gear related shifting issues at the 1000 horsepower level. We are currently in the process of re writing files in the factory control modules to correct this. There are definitely a handful of differences that must be considered when TTing an e gear car.

Thanks for the feedback Jason. It seemed to me there must be some issues once the power level is increased beyond a certain point.

• 4 months later...

My car is e-gear. In my opinion the car shifts sluggishly and does not shift as firm as it did in sport mode when it was stock. The car is back in FLA now for some other work I wanted done. Jason knows of my complaint about this and I assume he will address it. :)

Just put the manual clutch pad in the e-gear clutch spot. Yay. Thicker pad, longer lasting! (Srsly)

Ben

• 1 month later...
Just put the manual clutch pad in the e-gear clutch spot. Yay. Thicker pad, longer lasting! (Srsly)

Ben

that car had an 06 manual clutch when it left my hands...

e-gear performance laucnches NEVER 100 % certain they would happen (50-50 usually)

I MUCH prefer tt manual car. I've had them both.