Last SE30 in Singapore

SAMLAMBO

I remember sometime back someone in this forum asked me for the VIN number of the only SE30 which was in Singapore and was exported out, well here you go:

Vin No:

ZA9DE22A0RLA12070

Engine No:

L522939

• 3 years later...

I'm now buying this car and am trying to trace it's history (and service book) before the current owner. It's now in the Uk via New Zealand.

Is the dealer from this era (1994) still around? Is SAMLAMBO still around?

Any advice to help me get the missing history?

Thanks in advamce

Peter (UK)

Yes, it's the ealier history I'm after from Singapore and NZ

OK I was wondering if it was the one I saw at SB race engineering earlier this year - that car looked stunning.

• 1 month later...

Is this car not Jamiroquais second viola SE?

I know a friend of his wrecked the first Viola one, but apparently he got another after that, and as far as I was aware there was only 3 in the UK in that color.

First one was wrecked

Second one he acquired but some years later, disappeared from UK shores

3 car is a Jota and currently for sale in the UK.

So dies this mean the Viola SE is back in the UK?

I know a friend of his wrecked the first Viola one, but apparently he got another after that, and as far as I was aware there was only 3 in the UK in that color.

First one was wrecked

Could this be the first one who was wrecked?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Could this be the first one who was wrecked?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Yeah thats it, loads of photos floating about the net of that car.

First one was wrecked

The second SE30 that appeared in Cosmic Girl was rented locally due to the accident with JK's car.

The Cosmic Girl car was registration 'N77 LAM', not sure what number it is

Does anyone know the following two UK registered cars btw:

'N222 LAM', this was the one tested by Clarkson in Top Gear in the nineties, and 'VEW 303'

Thanks

post-230-1349529482_thumb.png

post-230-1349529492.jpg

post-230-1349529502.jpg

The Cosmic Girl car was registration 'N77 LAM', not sure what number it is

Does anyone know the following two UK registered cars btw:

'N222 LAM', this was the one tested by Clarkson in Top Gear in the nineties, and 'VEW 303'

Thanks

Think we've talked about VEW 303 before, it has full side windows, not the normal SE30 ones. It's the only photo I know of that car.

Think we've talked about VEW 303 before, it has full side windows, not the normal SE30 ones. It's the only photo I know of that car.

Ok, if it has electric windows it has to be another car, which would mean that there have been at least 5 UK registered purple SE

That's 075, note Jota 109 in the background

Yeah see the Jota.

N222LAM is no longer recognized on HPI check system, and VEW303 is registered to a Peugeot now.

I've never seen VEW before and Im wondering is it a kit car? because I once seen a Viola SE30 replica in the UK and it had electric windows.

That's 075, note Jota 109 in the background

First timed I've seen those photos. Ye, was wondering if it was 75, it had the harness safety belts. What happened to it! Saw it several times and it was always immaculate.

Yeah see the Jota.

N222LAM is no longer recognized on HPI check system, and VEW303 is registered to a Peugeot now.

I've never seen VEW before and Im wondering is it a kit car? because I once seen a Viola SE30 replica in the UK and it had electric windows.

Was wondering if VEW 303 was genuine SE30 when I first saw that photo years ago. Still can't decide. There are several SE30s with the full side windows but done after they were made AFAIK.

Hmm, doesn't look like a replica to me. I know a purple RHD SE with electric windows, but it is registered in HK. I think this license plate could also be from HK? But wouldn't make sense as this one was spotted near Doncaster in 2005. The Cosmic Girl car has apparently still registration N77 LAM, but I have never seen any pics of the car since the video

Hmm, doesn't look like a replica. You can tell by the unique windshield wiper. I know a purple RHD SE with electric windows, but it is registered in HK. I think this license plate could also be from HK? But wouldn't make sense as this one was spotted near Doncaster in 2005. The Cosmic Girl car has apparently still registration N77 LAM, but I have never seen any pics of the car since the video

Look at the two photos you posted of N222 Lam & VEW 303, especially the rear three-quarters, the photos are almost the same view but VEW303 doesn't look right.

Also, if the Cosmic Girl car was a replacement sourced in Europe (not UK) why is it wearing UK plate N77 LAM? Maybe the second car was actually sourced in the UK then? I think it must have been a UK car otherwise it just wouldn't make sense!