Last SE30 in Singapore

SAMLAMBO

Look at the two photos you posted of N222 Lam & VEW 303, especially the rear three-quarters, the photos are almost the same view but VEW303 doesn't look right.

That's just due to zoom and focal length.

Besides, no one in their right mind would make a replica so accurate they even put the windshield wiper like that :icon_mrgreen:

That's just due to zoom and focal length.

Besides, no one in their right mind would make a replica so accurate they even put the windshield wiper like that :icon_mrgreen:

The purple replca se I saw had the same wipers!

Hmm, doesn't look like a replica to me. I know a purple RHD SE with electric windows, but it is registered in HK. I think this license plate could also be from HK? But wouldn't make sense as this one was spotted near Doncaster in 2005. The Cosmic Girl car has apparently still registration N77 LAM, but I have never seen any pics of the car since the video

If you look at my above reply, N777 Does not come up on the UK registration system anymore as a Diablo, plate is now on a Ford transit van.

VEW303 is a UK reg and registered to a Peugeot RCZ

If you look at my above reply, N777 Does not come up on the UK registration system anymore as a Diablo, plate is now on a Ford transit van.

VEW303 is a UK reg and registered to a Peugeot RCZ

Do you have any pics of the SE replica?

post-230-1349613023.png

Look at the two photos you posted of N222 Lam & VEW 303, especially the rear three-quarters, the photos are almost the same view but VEW303 doesn't look right.

Also, if the Cosmic Girl car was a replacement sourced in Europe (not UK) why is it wearing UK plate N77 LAM? Maybe the second car was actually sourced in the UK then? I think it must have been a UK car otherwise it just wouldn't make sense!

I thought I posted the interview with Jay Kay before? First car had registration N7 LAM, second N77 LAM

MTV interview called The Essential Jamiroquai (1997):

"We're on tour in Germany and this guy had to take it half a mile down the road. And for some reason he's got his kids in the car and he decides he's going to give it a squirt. And you just don't give those cars a squirt because they just... they, they are difficult to control and you... you know, you have to be sensible with them. They're for tracks really, really are for track really you know or driving along way across Europe and stuff. Giving it a squirt and he hit something, he's come up too fast behind someone and there was alot of weight travelling there. Umm..he hit some dirt and lost it. He must have been doing 80mph, I suppose. Anyway, then what happened is that they said, "You can't use the car for the video and we have four days to the video." and I said right, I was devastated. There was only one other purple one in the country and I thought it was very relevant that cosmic and the purple color, its an outrageous color, it could only be that combination and there was only one other and luckily this guy was selling his. He was selling his so we..we got ahold of that one, it got put on the transporter, it got taken to Almaria, in Spain. And I said specifically said that nobody take them off the transporter to play with them because what they wanted to do is get some "precision" drivers, not "stunt" drivers, "precision" drivers. Well I said I don't want anybody else driving it, you know, we'll do the driving, thank you very much. Which we did the majority of in the end. But they want start filming some stuff we weren't going to do. And this "precision" driver "precisely" took it around the corner and "precisely" let the back end come out and knocked the camera crew off a cliff and caused 20,000 pounds worth of damage to it. That was the second one. You'll see on the video is that the wind screen is missing. On the second cut when you see me singing away, the wind screen is missing, so they've taken the bonnet off and camera facing in there. So I'm driving around with this camera right there, around these mountain roads and trying to sing to the song but in fact that if the glass had been there you wouldn't have been able to see it. So it was quite amusing and it's all down at Lamborghini at the moment being fixed up. So I said..i said hehe, I just laughed, well that's a lie, in fact I shouted so much that I didn't have enough voice to do a gig afterwards."

post-230-1349613909.jpg

I thought I posted the interview with Jay Kay before? First car had registration N7 LAM, second N77 LAM

MTV interview called The Essential Jamiroquai (1997):

I can't recall reading that Jay Kay interview before. I don't think he actually bought the replacement car N77 LAM. Also there was clearly more than 2 purple SE30s in the UK.

If VEW 303 is genuine, could it be the car that was later in Hong Kong, MR 1710 which also has full side windows.

post-531-1349617096.jpg

Do you have any pics of the SE replica?

Ah right, the difference there is, your reg is N77, I was checking N777.

I don't have any pics of the replica, just seen it passing in London one time and then seen it in a magazine article a number of years later.

I can't recall reading that Jay Kay interview before. I don't think he actually bought the replacement car N77 LAM. Also there was clearly more than 2 purple SE30s in the UK.

If VEW 303 is genuine, could it be the car that was later in Hong Kong, MR 1710 which also has full side windows.

post-531-1349617096.jpg

yep, owned by a local celebrity, but I really don't know if it's the same car

post-230-1349644523.jpg