Toyota Supras 93-00 ( THE DAWG)

mecano

Alex

you are just such a nice guy :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  

How kind of you to post those pics :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  

The car looks great.Nice job

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :finga: :finga:

Its more the big singles they running than than the level of boost !!!

The stock singles are maxed out at aroung 500-550hp !!!

With the big single...24psi should equal between 580rwhp to 680rwhp!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite.

The fuel system is good to 500rwhp.

The stock twins (not single) are pushing hot air, and pretty much useless after 20psi (wont last very long at that level either). Good to 450rwhp MAX, on race gas.

The power you make depends upon the turbo selection, and the amount of boost, as well as the supporting mods.

My friends car made 750rwhp with a HUGE turbo, but fairly new technology, so he had a pretty decent powerband, at 24psi. There was lots more left in the turbo, but he was beating people down left and right, didnt need to turn it up.

Another guy I know made nearly 600hp at low boost on pump gas with an extensively reworked head, and a medium-ish sized but well suited for the application-turbo.

Hmm, I would think 24psi would get a Supra the high end of your estimation, but I really don't know. Here's a video of a T67 Supra against an boosted NSX. Download here. Supra @ 16psi, NSX @ 15psi.

Hmm, I would think 24psi would get a Supra the high end of your estimation, but I really don't know. Here's a video of a T67 Supra against an boosted NSX. Download here. Supra @ 16psi, NSX @ 15psi.

If the guy in the supra had his boost at 21-24 psi where it should have been in that kinda race it would surely either be much closer or the supra would have whooped it!

If the guy in the supra had his boost at 21-24 psi where it should have been in that kinda race it would surely either be much closer or the supra would have whooped it!
The owner said that was a s far as he felt comfortable in cranking the boost up on 93 octane. Likewise, the NSX can turn its boost up too, but would need some 100 octane or higher. I'll hand it to the Supras, they can turn the wick up pretty inexpensively.

he should change to a t88 up the fuel system with some c16 race gas and race him at 32 pounds....no nsx would have a chance :lol: :lol: :lol:

too much torque, especially top end power for the nsx to handle if it was the right setup....

if so go to www.suprastore.com or www.titanmotorsports.com

they have package to suit youre every necessity

Not quite.  

The stock twins (not single)  are pushing hot air, and pretty much useless after 20psi (wont last very long at that level either). Good to 450rwhp MAX, on race gas.  

I don't see why people keep calling them "twins" they aren't twins, they are sequential! 300zx, now that is a true twin turbo.

its 980 rwhp, through an automatic so assuming 15% drive train loss its right around 1200 fwhp. Car ran a 10.01@138 (not sure about the mph) on its first shake down pass.

all those parts for Supras up to 1998

Mine is 2000, TT, VVTi

will those fit mine??

in the us the supra only goes to 98 i believe eveywhere else they kept making them till 2000...

If youre supra looks like all of the others here it should work fine...

To be positive u can e-mail them to find out...

Alex

you are just such a nice guy :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  

How kind of you to post those pics :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  

The car looks great.Nice job

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :finga: :finga:

Its more the big singles they running than than the level of boost !!!

The stock singles are maxed out at aroung 500-550hp !!!

its even less psi for an automatic which can also equal more bhp.

kean wang is just one of them. also his car doesnt always run on race fuel. :)

what I meant at lower PSI with the automatic you can get more BHP(at the crank ) than with the stick shift. I dont know how hell im an amature, really but i do know that it has to do with the following formula

.85 (for stickshift) divided by the rwhp and .80 for autos.

Not quite.  

The stock twins (not single)  are pushing hot air, and pretty much useless after 20psi (wont last very long at that level either). Good to 450rwhp MAX, on race gas.  

I don't see why people keep calling them "twins" they aren't twins, they are sequential! 300zx, now that is a true twin turbo.

True, but you would need to take that up with about ten billion other people who refer to the car as a twin turbo. I personally think its bullshit semantics. What are you going to say......oh, there goes that supra with two turbos?

Besides, a lot of supra owners configure the turbos to spool together, also known as TTC (True twin configuration).