Quicksilver Exhaust

JoeZ

Was wondering if anyone has the Quicksilver muffler delete and test pipes on their Diablo.

Thinking about purchasing this.

Thanks in advance!!

Was wondering if anyone has the Quicksilver muffler delete and test pipes on their Diablo.

Thinking about purchasing this.

Thanks in advance!!

I have Quicksilver, but with sport mufflers. If you like real loud the test pipes are the way to go. You can always add the mufflers later.

I have Quicksilver, but with sport mufflers. If you like real loud the test pipes are the way to go. You can always add the mufflers later.

Thanks for the info.......I ordered the muffler delete and test pipes today. Hope it is loud, as loud is good!! I am planning to do the install myself as everyone has told me it is very straight forward.

Where did you order and how much did it cost?

Yep......Same here. It was $2875. Then you can install tips if you desire.

Yep......Same here. It was $2875. Then you can install tips if you desire.

Oh that's another thing. I don't know if you've got the original tips, if so, they don't line up at all, I had to heat the elbow part and pry them down to clear the rear bumper. I don't think the original clamps will work either. I had to source those.

I also put the Quick Silver system on my Diablo.

I chose the secondary cat resonator replacements.

I had to modify the Quicksilver piping at the primary cats because the angle was too far off to match.

If you have a similar problem, try loosening the connection at the front of the primary cats to help line things up. And don't tighten anything until everything is connected and the tail pipes are straight.

I had to modify the Quicksilver piping at the primary cats because the angle was too far off to match.

If you have a similar problem, try loosening the connection at the front of the primary cats to help line things up. And don't tighten anything until everything is connected and the tail pipes are straight.

Thanks for the heads up.......I will be installing next weekend as long as everything arrives this week.

I wish I would have thought of that before I took a torch to mine! Although mine was pretty far off.

Thanks for the info.......I ordered the muffler delete and test pipes today. Hope it is loud, as loud is good!! I am planning to do the install myself as everyone has told me it is very straight forward.

With no muffler and testpipes, trust me it will be very loud.

I have the quicksliver muffler replacement on mine but have high flow cats. You can hear what it sounds like on you tube. Just do a search on you tube for "diablo pace car". It sounds fantastic.

On my 6.0 I replaced the secondary cats by the QS X-pipe and installed a sports resonator. Saves a lot of weight and sounds GREAT.

Assembly wasn't really straightforward; took some tweak welding and some sensor holes seemed to be completely useless so we closed them up.

To line everything up correctly was a major task as well. You might as well order some header gaskets since QS will not include these with the kit. In most cases you can't re-use the existing gaskets after removing the original exhaust parts.

Basically what you get from QS are just the pipes temselves with labels glued onto them which in my case proved very hard to remove.

In my previous experience with Tubi I noticed that these tend to arrive as a complete package including gaskets, brackets, bolts and any other item you might require for assembly.....

Besides these small negatives QS is THE exhaust system for the Diablo. I've heard both the test pipe and mufler versions and to my taste the test pipes are so loud you loose some of the deep and refined 12 cylinder sound.

Good luck on the conversion.... See you on youtube ;)

Standard exhaust:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=sPUK1o6u4BM&NR=1

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=ciahd0S4xHQ&NR=1

Sounds pretty stealth to me... :(

QS exhaust:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=P_I27e3mEU8

Seems to me that's a lot better... unfortunately no chance to really go for it since there were too many spectators too close to the road...

Standard exhaust:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=sPUK1o6u4BM&NR=1

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=ciahd0S4xHQ&NR=1

Sounds pretty stealth to me... :(

QS exhaust:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=P_I27e3mEU8

Seems to me that's a lot better... unfortunately no chance to really go for it since there were too many spectators too close to the road...

Sounding good already

On my 6.0 I replaced the secondary cats by the QS X-pipe and installed a sports resonator. Saves a lot of weight and sounds GREAT.

Assembly wasn't really straightforward; took some tweak welding and some sensor holes seemed to be completely useless so we closed them up.

To line everything up correctly was a major task as well. You might as well order some header gaskets since QS will not include these with the kit. In most cases you can't re-use the existing gaskets after removing the original exhaust parts.

Basically what you get from QS are just the pipes temselves with labels glued onto them which in my case proved very hard to remove.

In my previous experience with Tubi I noticed that these tend to arrive as a complete package including gaskets, brackets, bolts and any other item you might require for assembly.....

Besides these small negatives QS is THE exhaust system for the Diablo. I've heard both the test pipe and mufler versions and to my taste the test pipes are so loud you loose some of the deep and refined 12 cylinder sound.

Good luck on the conversion.... See you on youtube ;)

Thanks for the reply. Will be installing over the weekend!!

Thanks for the reply. Will be installing over the weekend!!

I have the QuickSilver exhaust and cats on my Diablo. Love it. Not as loud as Tubi and straight pipes but its a nice melody none the less. I still cant hear the radio which is good.