Urraco P250 #15000: info wanted

Urrako

Hallo,

I'm Franz from Italy, nice to join this forum.

I'm the owner of the first P250 production car, a white Urraco with chassis number 15000, dated september 1972

on registration documents.

I'm trying several ways to find out infos, photos and documents about the early story of this car. In particular I'm looking

for pictures of the "Salone di Torino" in late 1972, where this car should have been exposed.

I need to check some details of the coachwork in order to assess the correct paintwork to carry out, since I'm intentioned

to "improve" the car from a good shape to a concours-like aspect.

I've clear how is an early production Urraco, but I would be sure to keep trace of subsequent mods done on this car, if

carried out at the factory for development and/or production bug-fixing purposes, after the car left the production chain.

If someone is interested in, I'll be glad to post some pictures of the car.

Many thanks to all.

Regards,

Franz

Welcome. I have seen your posts on the other forum. Geat car. That is an important car you have.

Please post photos now and during your ownership.

Thank you to all for replies.

I'll post some photos of the car, as I got it.

Before starting any work on it, I'm trying several ways to collect

informations about, but it's not so easy anyway.

The good thing is that the car is fairly drivable and enjoyable, so

I can wait until I'll get the proper informations to proceed further.

Regards,

Franz

tre_quarti_sx.JPG

posteriore.JPG

vista_anteriore.JPG

interni_lato_dx.JPG

Franz, that is the sweetest U-car I have seen yet! VERY NICE! :icon_super:

• 4 years later...

Bertone_1970.jpg

Any updates on your car? Pretty sure your rear louvers should be kind of a charcoal metallic :)

Hi Michelle,

with the help of some friends, in this period I was able to know some informations about early production cars. I also discovered some pictures of my car, probably taken in late 1972. In these pictures the car looks like every other early production Urraco, i.e. with the correct colour pattern both on louvres and on the front side, beneath the radiator grille. The exact colour of the louvres should be a satin black, since it is the same of the front "frog eye like" lights frames.

In the attached picture there is a well known Bertone press photo of the Urraco... that now I'm sure shows car #15000, just after factory delivering.

This picture was also helpful to me to identify the correct loudspeakers that the car mounted at that time: these speakers were produced by Voxson and I could find the correct holes and "footprint" still on the car trim, near the rear quarters windows.

Now I need only two parts still missing (license plate frame and license plate lights plastic spacers) and I'm ready for body respraying.

ciao

Francesco

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted. That is a very important car.

Beautiful car and it is in beautiful shape! Thank you for sharing :)