Which Style Wrap??

Rix

Ok so its not a Lambo but hey ho...

Anyway im looking at getting a wrap done in a couple of months by Racoon the guys that do Gumball etc

I was leaning towards the Carbon Effect Matte White which was posted some months ago on an SLR, but after the new 560 was launched with the incredible Matte Blue im in two minds.

Opinions please :D

DSC05551.jpg

post-14460-1236807915_thumb.jpg

Ah a pic of my car might help :P

Sorry about the dirt & cracked bumper...I had just come back from a track day in the rain where I hit the gravel :rolleyes:

IMG_6029.jpg

does anyone have good wider pics of the carbon effect matte white?

Can you get a carbon effect Matte black?

Do you know where to get the carbon effect matte white?

Yeh Dave the guy at Racoon spent some time developing it for me after I sent him the pics months ago...I have a sample spread from the old design but he emailed me today and mentioned he has a newer one thats the same as used on this SLR

The only pics I have are these...

DSC05549.jpg

DSC05547.jpg

DSC05545.jpg

Heres another of the Blue

29188_gnaiasadpersonam---12_122_950.jpg

If anybody could photoshop it that would be fantastic!

Donnie, Matte Black has been done to death on FD's over here. 2 of my customers cars are Matte Black! Granted the Carbon Effect Black would be different but I fancy something a little more striking.

People seem to have a thing for Kawasaki green on their track toys these days. Imo they look like ass!

Well I just got the pricing back for both designs.

Apparently the only car done worldwide, in the White Carbon is that SLR pictured above, because the material is £1100 for 10M!! Price for my car in Carbon would be £4k!!!!!

The Blue is also somehow very expensive, coming in at £2k!

So basically both of those are out of the window as im not paying that price just for a wrap!

I dont know whats so special about the Blue but apparently its a 2 stage process, with mettalic wrap underneath followed by a matte clear wrap.

The last quote I had from them was around £1k for Tiger stripes for a customer and £900 For Grigio Telesto (Batlleship) that I wanted on mine before I asked about Carbon White

A flat black matte wrap in the USA is $3500 on a Gallardo......... That's £2520. So $7000 USD for the carbon white sounds pretty reasonable considering what it is.

Ben

Well I just got the pricing back for both designs.

Apparently the only car done worldwide, in the White Carbon is that SLR pictured above, because the material is £1100 for 10M!! Price for my car in Carbon would be £4k!!!!!

The Blue is also somehow very expensive, coming in at £2k!

So basically both of those are out of the window as im not paying that price just for a wrap!

I dont know whats so special about the Blue but apparently its a 2 stage process, with mettalic wrap underneath followed by a matte clear wrap.

The last quote I had from them was around £1k for Tiger stripes for a customer and £900 For Grigio Telesto (Batlleship) that I wanted on mine before I asked about Carbon White

Whose your connection on the white carbon fibre matte? The guy you mentioned above?

i have the same problem.. im geting at least 3 of my car wraped... but not sure on the finish..

im having my diablo , murci and g500 murc done...

the only way to truely decide is to get smaples and put them on the car for refrence....

i was told my the dealer that the CF finishes were hard to keep kleane.. so hope that helps....

A flat black matte wrap in the USA is $3500 on a Gallardo......... That's £2520. So $7000 USD for the carbon white sounds pretty reasonable considering what it is.

Ben

I didnt know they were that expensive in the US I figured about $2k for a Gallardo. I dont know why theres such a price hike from the last few designs I got quoted for, they were around the £1k mark and pretty radical, even the earlier version of CF white came in at £1200. At this stage for anything over £1500 I couldnt justify the cost. A decent respray costs about the same for me.

The main reason I wanted the wrap was that if I damage my car I wouldnt need to keep spraying it or filling in stone chips, plus I wanted something totally different.

Whose your connection on the white carbon fibre matte? The guy you mentioned above?

Yeh the guys at Racoon. Drop me a pm with your email and I'll forward on the images of the earlier version CF white and the new one, as soon as I get a sample.

i have the same problem.. im geting at least 3 of my car wraped... but not sure on the finish..

im having my diablo , murci and g500 murc done...

the only way to truely decide is to get smaples and put them on the car for refrence....

i was told my the dealer that the CF finishes were hard to keep kleane.. so hope that helps....

What kind of pricing was the CF finish?

I've been told that the best way to keep a wrap clean is just to power was it with soapy water, let it penetrate and then power wash off...simple, quick & easy :icon_super:

imo, RX7's look best in lighter colours like white, orange, yellow. Maybe gunmetal would be an exception. Reds and blues and such just don't work for me on the body shape.

ok as for pricing.. in uae dirhams. cheapest would be flat black 20 000 . then cf in black come with 2 finishes a matt and clear couted. both were 40 000 . as for the white cf or just matt is 50 000. and get this the crome can be dome from 70 000 to 120 000. depending on car size and make..... im sure this is a bull shit quote. but i have had other people chek and they got the same prices quoted...

the dealer told me that the matt carbon fiber black was the hardest to cleane, he sayes dust just clings to it.

the best company that does this world wide is called foilacar, german quality.

Most of the Matte colors now are normal color under with a matte overlam. 3m stopped making the matte colors in that material we use. Interesting about the CF white. I have a CF that looks like that (non matte) but you wouldn't be able to wrap anything with it as its a foil not vinyl.

thread on 6speed about it

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/off-top...inyl-wraps.html