R8 on Ice

Mr. Vroom

Matt does a little ice racing and waxs philosophically on the R8, losers and douchebaggery. Slowpokie, Mako, I don't really recommend this vid for y'all, but if you do watch, turn up the volume at 7:50 and then quickly cover your ears at the 8 min mark. :icon_thumleft:

Do you really think I will watch this vid?! :lol2:I refuse to see anything with a Audi TT in it - and to think you waisted 8 min of your time to boot :lol2:

And now for the respone just from reading the topic and seeing the embedded video :icon_oak: :icon_oak: :icon_oak: :icon_oak: :icon_oak: :icon_oak: :icon_oak: :icon_oak:

All theese friggin RAT threads have given me a rash :tyson:

^^

Hey "douchebag", its not the vid and 8 minutes, it's you man.... YOU are using up too many of MY minutes!

Has anyone ever calculated the ratio of letters to smiley faces in Slowpoke's posts? I wonder how that translates to verbal expression. Perhaps there should be a GSL sub-forum after all. That way we can 'Slowpoke' that one up instead of this one.

• 1 month later...

Hi SlowPoke, I don't mean to bring it on to you, but have you seen your SL from underneath? Sincerely, its a horror picture, Audi branded parts galore, that chassis material and weldings are horrific to look at and in the end to all truthfuly it brings no thrills and it doesn't turn at all.

The R8 brings a state of the art chassis, at least its construction is amazing. Despite a certain lack of power the car turns, at least better than a G and the looks are sedated for day to day driving.

I don't mean to bash the G, is faster than an R8? yes but also consider the R8 is over $100k less and brings better chassis and dynamics. The G is a fine car, but is not first choice, specially at those prices, and that depreciation (which puts the car at its real level, SL's are now in the 130's which is nothing to brag about) but in truth Lambos are desirable, enigmatic, unique and carry tremendous design and personality.

BTW I have been looking at your "other" car bashing and its fun, anything else outside an SL gets bashed in your book, good for you, keep up the good work, I have a great time looking at you posts, je, je, je.

If you want to post anything worth while then post something like this.

I know it is a repost but worth showing off a real car on the ice.

LP560 5th gear video

not sure how to embed the video

If you want to post anything worth while then post something like this.

I know it is a repost but worth showing off a real car on the ice.

LP560 5th gear video

not sure how to embed the video

Thats actually a very impressive traction system... :icon_thumleft:

The R8 above looks pretty slick in that colour too, still not sure if I would own one though :eusa_think:

Hi SlowPoke, I don't mean to bring it on to you, but have you seen your SL from underneath? Sincerely, its a horror picture, Audi branded parts galore, that chassis material and weldings are horrific to look at and in the end to all truthfuly it brings no thrills and it doesn't turn at all.

The R8 brings a state of the art chassis, at least its construction is amazing. Despite a certain lack of power the car turns, at least better than a G and the looks are sedated for day to day driving.

I don't mean to bash the G, is faster than an R8? yes but also consider the R8 is over $100k less and brings better chassis and dynamics. The G is a fine car, but is not first choice, specially at those prices, and that depreciation (which puts the car at its real level, SL's are now in the 130's which is nothing to brag about) but in truth Lambos are desirable, enigmatic, unique and carry tremendous design and personality.

BTW I have been looking at your "other" car bashing and its fun, anything else outside an SL gets bashed in your book, good for you, keep up the good work, I have a great time looking at you posts, je, je, je.

Just bring it, it's all in good fun! :icon_thumleft:

I've seen my car from under it and it looks good and aerodynamical enough for me.

I just bought another brand new Audi for myself and I still think the R8 sucks donkeyballs, freaky I know, but the thing is buttugly and it's a simple frikkin Audi..

Over here my SL is still more than TWICE the value of a R8, we don't have the same status in brands and economic climate as you do in America..

I still think we should scrap the whole R8 forum (if Vroom and brianwilsonsucksuk doesn't oppose :) ) and make a whole new subforum where we ALL bash Audis and SLR's! :icon_thumleft:

I still think we should scrap the whole R8 forum (if Vroom and brianwilsonsucksuk doesn't oppose :) ) and make a whole new subforum where we ALL bash Audis and SLR's! :icon_thumleft:

I hope and pray we are able to attract and retain even one R8 owner here(preferably a 5.2!) , w/o the triad of Slowpokie, Allan and Mako running the poor soul off.

As for a SL forum, I think we should have a racing/track sub forum open to all SL owners, provided they actually drive/track their car. For the one owner that we know doesn't drive his at all..... well his forum posting privileges should be restricted to the off topic/ Megan Fox mega thread, ONLY! :thefinger:

For the one owner that we know doesn't drive his at all..... well his forum posting privileges should be restricted to the off topic/ Megan Fox mega thread, ONLY! :thefinger:

:aiwebs_017:

I hope and pray we are able to attract and retain even one R8 owner here(preferably a 5.2!) , w/o the triad of Slowpokie, Allan and Mako running the poor soul off.

Well, I still have mine, though it's been sitting in my garage for the last 6 months. Will be replaced by the 5.2 when I get home hopefully, though I have no idea when that will be.

Well, I still have mine, though it's been sitting in my garage for the last 6 months. Will be replaced by the 5.2 when I get home hopefully, though I have no idea when that will be.

Right on, post a few pics when you get a chance. Congrats on the 5.2, you will love it. :icon_thumleft:

Just bring it, it's all in good fun! :icon_thumleft:

I've seen my car from under it and it looks good and aerodynamical enough for me.

I just bought another brand new Audi for myself and I still think the R8 sucks donkeyballs, freaky I know, but the thing is buttugly and it's a simple frikkin Audi..

Over here my SL is still more than TWICE the value of a R8, we don't have the same status in brands and economic climate as you do in America..

Bash on SLR's? Do you wanna get banned?

Right on, post a few pics when you get a chance. Congrats on the 5.2, you will love it. :icon_thumleft:

Dealer said I could have it in Nov, but I think I'll postpone it if that's the case. I want to pick it up in Neckarsulm and take it around Europe a bit. Don't really want to do that in the cold of winter.

• 1 month later...
I am liking the R8 more and more and then some....mmmmm I would not mind a late 2007

Hold out for the 5.2 FSI V10.

Mr. Vroom I have already seen a couple on the roads here in Switzerland. I have to say that looks are almost entirely the same as the previous one. the more i read about the r8 the more it makes sense as a every day supercar---Yes, supercar :eusa_dance: Since I am want to stay within a certain budget I might consider a late 2007 early 2008 hope to find a low mileage one....Any suggestions for a different exhaust Mr. Vroom? got any vid. links? liking it in white :icon_mrgreen:

Mr. Vroom I have already seen a couple on the roads here in Switzerland. I have to say that looks are almost entirely the same as the previous one. the more i read about the r8 the more it makes sense as a every day supercar---Yes, supercar :eusa_dance: Since I am want to stay within a certain budget I might consider a late 2007 early 2008 hope to find a low mileage one....Any suggestions for a different exhaust Mr. Vroom? got any vid. links? liking it in white :icon_mrgreen:

The V8 is a slug, it's not even close to a "everyday" supercar when a M5, or a "everyday" Porsche will hand you a beat down every time. MTM is the biggest R8 tuner, check their website out. I repeat, hold out an extra year or two out for a used V10, you wont regret it. Also, by then the tuners will have cracked the ecu, to boost hp to LP560 levels.

:eusa_think: mmmmm then if you put it that way, i might just wait one more year and see where things are. But I am being tempted by its looks and really the performance that the V8 puts in fifthgear against the P S4 is not too shaby.... of course the dream would be a gallardo and i might get closer to it in a year or two---for now Mr.Vroom you gace plenty to think about--specially if I hold out for a V10 :eusa_think: thanks for your replies Mr. V