Dyno run of my 08 LP640 Roadster

TommyJames

Yea, I don't know what to think. I do love the OC exhaust and I'm sure that helped some. I'm also thinking that just driving the thing helps. After talking to the test driver in Italy, I tend to run the car at higher RPM, driving at 4,000 RPM in most cases, and one opinion is that the electronics in the car already calibrated the car for optimum HP at high RPM. I am blowing a little smoke when I get above 5-6,000 RPM in the video.

My engine comes out next week to fix a very tiny oil leak. I'll be running a long thread with photos on that one. Should be interesting!

Very nice! Keep us posted!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were all of the murcielagos in question dynoed in 4th gear? Ive noticed that none of the gear ratios of the Murcielago are exactly 1:1 whereas the SLR, ZR1 and Viper have 4th gear as 1:1 and the GTR has 5th as 1:1.

Tommy, was there any other AWD cars there that were also potentially reading high as well?

Were all of the murcielagos in question dynoed in 4th gear? Ive noticed that none of the gear ratios of the Murcielago are exactly 1:1 whereas the SLR, ZR1 and Viper have 4th gear as 1:1 and the GTR has 5th as 1:1.

Tommy, was there any other AWD cars there that were also potentially reading high as well?

Mine was dyno'd in 4th gear; that is the proper one to do Murcis in.

There was a Diablo that tested the same day and the numbers were about as expected. I'm trying to find out what they were exactly. All the Lambos were in 4th gear max.

The first car that morning was a 31 year old 308. It pulled 168HP and 158 torque. Second was the Diablo it pulled 408HP. I don't know the torque. I believe it is not stock exhaust, but I don't know for sure. A Ferrari 550 pulled 418 but it's RWD. On a previous day at the same place, similar weather two LP coups pulled 508 and 516 respectively both with stock exhaust.

well the MS Stage 2 exhaust added about 40 awhp, if your exhaust adds anywhere near that amount then you would also be around 510 stock.

Well, 408 for a stock Diablo seems spot on (mine dynoed 460). If I understand correct, this dyno converts awhp to rwhp?

Yes, I believe so.

Yes, I believe so.

That makes sense Tommy. The RWD conversion adds about 10% WHP over AWD so if you are running 550HP on the dyno, you are right at 500AWHP.

That makes sense Tommy. The RWD conversion adds about 10% WHP over AWD so if you are running 550HP on the dyno, you are right at 500AWHP.

David, I'm not sure I understand. I was at 544.9 on an AWD dyno. The Ferrari 550 was RWD and it pulled 418. The Diablo pulled 408, again AWD. I'd then up convert to get the HP at the shaft, right? I don't know the percent, something over 15% I'd guess, some say 20%. At 20% it works out to 653.8 HP. LOC told me I'd get about a 17HP gain which if I'm 631+17=648, so I'm not that far off, right?

David, I'm not sure I understand. I was at 544.9 on an AWD dyno. The Ferrari 550 was RWD and it pulled 418. The Diablo pulled 408, again AWD. I'd then up convert to get the HP at the shaft, right? I don't know the percent, something over 15% I'd guess, some say 20%. At 20% it works out to 653.8 HP. LOC told me I'd get about a 17HP gain which if I'm 631+17=648, so I'm not that far off, right?

AWD loss is about 25% on Lambos, hence why Allan's Murci dyno'd in at 433 AWHP. What I was saying was this. if the dyno know the car is AWD (like yours), it (might) then convert its reading automatically to RWHP which is why you got about 550HP. What Im saying is that 550 RWHP translates to about 500 AWHP which is right where Alex's LP dyno'd in at. Not saying that it IS the case, just that it could be.

When you conver the Murcis from AWD to RWD you pick up 10% WHP and your drivetraing loss dips from 25% to 18%.

well Placid said its right on what a rwd Diablo should be getting (408 rwhp) so I presumed it was stock.

well Placid said its right on what a rwd Diablo should be getting (408 rwhp) so I presumed it was stock.

I believe it had a modded exhaust. I'll find out.

The Diablo was a modded exhaust. This owner said his car pulled higher numbers against other Diablos he's owned.

i have to imagine LOC adds more then msII because from what i've seen it looks like it has less muffler and flows better

Stock Diablos dyno around 390rwhp, after full exhaust around 410rwhp.

The Diablo was on the dyno just before me with the modified exhaust and pulled 406. I was next and pulled 544.9.

• 7 months later...

Had my car dyno'd again. Here are the results. This time on a Mustang Dyno. My only mod remains my OC exhaust. They entered in the miles wrong. I actually have 10,300 on my car. The car has always felt stronger over time. I sure wish other LP640s would put up their results.

s_LP640_Dyno_10_20_09.pdf