Alternator for Murci?

VIVEK

I'm pretty sure I need an alternator for the Murci. I changed the battery out a week ago and the car is dead again. I got quoted $800. Is that reasonable? Where's the best place to pick up an alternator? Thanks in advance,

Vivek

I'm pretty sure I need an alternator for the Murci. I changed the battery out a week ago and the car is dead again. I got quoted $800. Is that reasonable? Where's the best place to pick up an alternator? Thanks in advance,

Vivek

Here you go, i just saved you $500.00

Murcielago 150 amp alternator

I have yet out of the 1000s of Murci i have had in the shop to see a alt. go bad. Have had a few on Diablo but no Murcis. Have you tested or had it tested for a key off draw. Also it is a easy test to check the alt. before you repl. it.

Vivek

Preform a key off draw test. You also can check if the battery is seeing 13v when running. If you have an inductive amp clamp that can handle 200 amps you can see what the alt. is putting out in amps as well. Other option is to run can with all lights on and a/c running. See if the volts at the battery drop. IF so then you most likely need an alt.

If you see over .040 amps after 5 min on the key off draw test then you have a draw on the car. Be careful with this this because some times a key off draw takes over an hour to show if a module is waking up when it should not.

Most of the time the key off draw can be seen right away on these cars because there are not to many modules like other cars.

Do some simple test and see what you come up with.

First off, I would like to thank you all for your replies. I spoke with my mechanic. He states after charging the car, he started with 14.2v at the battery. He then turned on the lights, stereo, and AC and after about 15 minutes he was down to 11.8v and the car was slightly missing. This should be an alternator correct?

First off, I would like to thank you all for your replies. I spoke with my mechanic. He states after charging the car, he started with 14.2v at the battery. He then turned on the lights, stereo, and AC and after about 15 minutes he was down to 11.8v and the car was slightly missing. This should be an alternator correct?

Sounds like it could be. If you are changing the alt. change the belt at the same time.

Unless there is something wrong with the wiring or connectors going to and from the alt.

Option B, send the original alt to http://www.alterstart.biz/

Not only will they repair it, they will upgrade all the components for longer life and a little more output. It will be less $ and a better product in the end.

• 3 years later...
Unless there is something wrong with the wiring or connectors going to and from the alt.

Option B, send the original alt to http://www.alterstart.biz/

Not only will they repair it, they will upgrade all the components for longer life and a little more output. It will be less $ and a better product in the end.

Mates

My car is constantly showing less than 13 v and sometimes 12 on the dash while driving. When it drops under 12.5 I have some issues with the turn signals not working correctly too. Could this be the alternator and if so where is the best place to buy one. What should be the cost for labor?

TIA

Jag

I have yet out of the 1000s of Murci i have had in the shop to see a alt. go bad. Have had a few on Diablo but no Murcis. Have you tested or had it tested for a key off draw. Also it is a easy test to check the alt. before you repl. it.

I have had a few go bad since this post it is something that can go wrong. Seems to be more on latter cars then early ones.