SL threw a Check engine light after exhaust valve disconnect

JohnLP560

On 04/05 it will makes it quiter if you undo it. The 04/05 dose not bypass the muffler like the 06 and up. The flap on the 04/05 opens the 2 pipe going to the tip so if you disconnect the vacuum line the valve stays shut all the time not good. The 06 car do not care what you do, disconnect it or I would install a switch so it could be stock or it could be open all the time. You could put any exhaust on it with no check engine lights. The ECU did not look for the opening and closing of the flaps. The 07/08 ECU dose look for the opening/closing of the flaps via the exhaust pressure sensors.

Hi all, I am new to the forum.

I was looking to disconnect the exhaust valve on my 09 LP560 after reading this thread. But today after talking to my service manager I probably won't do it. According to him, 06+ Gs will threw a check engine light and same goes to LP560s.

Can someone confirm this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all, I am new to the forum.

I was looking to disconnect the exhaust valve on my 09 LP560 after reading this thread. But today after talking to my service manager I probably won't do it. According to him, 06+ Gs will threw a check engine light and same goes to LP560s.

Can someone confirm this?

Thanks in advance!

Read the post right above yours. The 06 will not turn check engine lights on for the valves not working..................

The 07/08 will turn check engine lights on if flaps dont work.

I do not know if the 09 will or wont. That said the 560 dose not use the exhaust pressure sensor that the other cars had and it was that sensor they use to see the flaps work.

But if you unplug it on the 560 this could cause Warr issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a Tubi GTR exhaust on my 08 Spyder and I've had CEL for the last 800 miles. Lambo High Wycombe cleared the codes when I had it serviced as they didn't find any problems. As I drove out their driveway the CELs were back on.

I was told by the Tubi dealer that once the car's systems had 'learnt' the new exhaust after a couple of thousand miles the CEL's should go away.

Has anyone else found this?

The SL's seem to be the more tempermental of the G's when it comes tpo exhaust related CEL's .. Our Titanium system works well on 06/08 non SL cars but we found that on some SL's the car would throw a CEL related to the exhaust gas sensor.. doesnt mean there is anything wrong with the car but it does add an unwanted engine sign to the dash..

We have been working on our RSC Live Tune project for almost a year now which is a custom programmable ECU re-map that allows us to write specific programs which allows us to write specific programs per vehicle. so we can basically tailor a program for any state of tune.. The obvious benefits are the usual, better performance / throttle response etc. but we are also able to get the CEL exhaust issue straightened out.

BrownHornet.. if the car has a CEL it probably wont learn it off in a few thousand miles.. This is wishful thinking on the Tubi Dealers part

When you have it right then the customer can say good by to his engine warranty. What happens if the dealer dose a soft wear update on the car dose your programming go away and the customer must have it done again? With the factory laptop plugged into car the tech. just has to click on documentation and the laptop will up load all ECU programing to Lambos system it checks the soft wear marks the ones that are wrong and downloads the correct soft wear so it can be reloaded.

I've got a Tubi GTR exhaust on my 08 Spyder and I've had CEL for the last 800 miles. Lambo High Wycombe cleared the codes when I had it serviced as they didn't find any problems. As I drove out their driveway the CELs were back on.

I was told by the Tubi dealer that once the car's systems had 'learnt' the new exhaust after a couple of thousand miles the CEL's should go away.

Has anyone else found this?

They told you this to get you out of there hair for know. A few thousand miles could be a few years for some customers.

The car will not learn to run a exhaust.

It took me a 1.5 years of R&D work to keep the check engine lights off with our exhaust system on 07/08 cars. On some cars it takes up to 1000 miles before they turn the check engine lights on. Plus it had to be on 3 or 4 different cars with different driving conditions before you could be sure it was right.

Well Lamborghini is singing the same song for people who change exhaust systems as well. still many choose to do it.. with our tune the program does not affect version or counter so the change of tune does not jump out should the car go in for service., If the software is updated by a factory tech than we will reinstall the Live tune software at no charge

Yes you a right some dealers are giving a hard time to customers that change the exhaust on there car. Which is lame they told us in training class at the factory, this is when the Gallardo was just being released that we could change exhaust as long as it was a cat back system.

But I have heard of issues as of late that if exhaust is changed no engine warr.

Reload of soft wear at n/c seems fair enough.

So today, I tried to do this on my 09 LP560.

After taking off ~10 screws that was holding the honey comb grill, I see that there was no rubber tube or electric connector! :shock:

I guess the LPs are just different.... does anyone know where to unplug a LP560??

Jeff

From what I hear the Factory may be softening up is stance on the exhaust issue as the dealers at the last meeting made it clear that they need other means of revenue.. and that clients were reluctant to service with them due to Lambo's increasingly strict CPO and warranty standards.. In this environment you would think that companies like Lambo Ferrari Porsche would make it easier to own and personalize these cars..

I was just at the dealership and they confirmed what Jefflambo just said.

CHANGE OF OEM EXHAUST WOULD VOID WARRANTY OF THE ENGINE!!!

Jefflambo for President!!! J/K.

So today, I tried to do this on my 09 LP560.

After taking off ~10 screws that was holding the honey comb grill, I see that there was no rubber tube or electric connector! :shock:

I guess the LPs are just different.... does anyone know where to unplug a LP560??

Anyone??