F430 vs New Z06

Hamper

What car would you rather have for track/street? What do you think will be the best performer? I thought this might be a good first post. Let's see...

Welcome Hamper to L/P

I really dont know which car i would take because i do not like neither car.

theres still zero numbers out on the Plastic mess-06 performance wise. and i think ferrari was on crack when it published the numbers for the f430. but i'm betting there will be people using the age old arguments that american cars cant turn and thats all ferrari's do. id say hold off on this argument til someone makes an official comparison with the cars side by side.

I don't like either:If budget is under 100K$---->Supra,M3,Esprit or 911.If over....get a Lambo aktion073.gif

I rather drive a deadman hurst then be cought drive the Plastic mess-06 or the F430.

Please noone shoot me for saying this. I saw the new ZO-6 tested in Car and Driver. 11.7 @ 127. True or was this track fucked up too? I was amazed at these numbers as I was in the FAKE 430 numbers I saw in the same magazine.

Wow, you must have been the ONLY one privelegded enough to see that test since NO ONE, including the CHEVY guys has seen that.

Yes, thats manufacturer data. If it does run 127 though, it will be a bad ass car. But ill stick with my Esprit thank you.

I think all of those Mags are Biaist and a bunch of crap. seams everytime i read them they always say the POS is the best "Supercar" to buy.

I think the C6 Plastic mess-06 will be faster than a F430 on a track and for sure at a drag strip. We'll see in a few months. Nonetheless, I would rather drive a Ferrari than a Chevy.

It's all speculation anyway till real tests come out. Ferrari engineering isn't puppy buisiness at all. Especially the suspension/brakes system. Both cars will be extremely close to each other, but I beleive the POS will be a half a hair ahead on a road coarse.

Yes, thats manufacturer data. If it does run 127 though, it will be a bad ass car. But ill stick with my Esprit thank you.

Hell yeh, Esprit is an amazing car!!!

I think all of those Mags are Biaist and a bunch of crap. seams everytime i read them they always say the POS is the best "Supercar" to buy.

I believe there's always a biast. Like how the Ferrari's usually seem to edge out the Lambo's, etc. I think the mag's just never get over how the POS performs with cars costing more than twice as much. They always mention bang for the buck when they talk about the POS.

I believe there's always a biast. Like how the Ferrari's usually seem to edge out the Lambo's, etc. I think the mag's just never get over how the POS performs with cars costing more than twice as much. They always mention bang for the buck when they talk about the POS.

I believe if you want the truth find out yourself and do some resreach with some freetime. Beside most of those books are BS anyways, its all Business so like that you buy there products. Thats why i dont believe any thing on TV such as Topgear/fifth gear, Motorweek says nor what almost any mag says. However i think Sports car mag and Road@Track isnt Biaist nor a load of shit. They get the performance right on most of there cars. And they arent priazieing the popluar cars as if they are perfect or something.

Because its very simiuar to the gaming mags out there.They are biaist to If its not Halo2 or GTA it sucks but if you play those games they suck and are a waste of time and money and theres much more to offer out there.

If the car runs near those times,I would buy one as my daily beater.Im not to excited about the fact that everyone else would have one but those numbers are respectable and I wouldnt care if the wife scuffed it up a bit.Well maybe a little bit.

Joe

Pantera, I totally agree with you. I won't believe anything til I see some owners posting track times, and that will probably be a very long time with the F430 since Ferrari owners appear scared of 1/4 miles (flame on).

If the car runs near those times,I would buy one as my daily beater.Im not to excited about the fact that everyone else would have one but those numbers are respectable and I wouldnt care if the wife scuffed it up a bit.Well maybe a little bit.

Joe

I assume your talking about the POS? I don't think the C6 Plastic mess-06 will be as common place as the previous POS's. I rarely see C5 Plastic mess-06's, but a ton of regular C5's (with exception to the FRC). But can't wait to hear some first hand experiences with that car!!!

I think they will be as common as the ZR-1LT5, te last time i saw one was back in november of last year. I see a C5Z06 on a daliy basis. However i kind of agree with you on that because i still havent seen a C6 driving around here yet!. I only saw it parked at my local Chevy dealership along with two C5Z06s, a new 05mustang, a few GTOs and a Lotus epsrit. Only time will tell on that but give it about 3three years and i bet my bottom dollar if i go down town like aways i will see at least 8C6 Z06s. Not to mention howmany collage and highschool kids with used 04 C6s.

I still have only seen 2 C6's, one on the highway and one back in Hawaii. I'm actually surprised at the lack of them driving around. But Chicago weather isn't conducive to joy riding either...

I still have only seen 2 C6's, one on the highway and one back in Hawaii. I'm actually surprised at the lack of them driving around. But Chicago weather isn't conducive to joy riding either...

I don't know how succesful the C6 sales have been. I have not read much on it, but from what I can see, they don't seem to be flying off the dealer lots. I know of 6 sitting in showrooms here in savannah right now.