G SL worth it over a 'normal G'

HREU

Hi Guys,

Been going back and forth between a 430 vs a G. Well, G wins. Much better for what we are after.

Now on to the next question (and YES, I searched for this topic)...I LOVE the badass nature of the SL. But, the price diff is still pretty steep. I have seen a couple SLs sell for $135-139. Car dealer friend of mine sold one (in a week) for $139 with 2500 miles...perfect car. You guys know what 06+ Gs are selling for.

Is the SL worth the diff?

We would actually drive this thing often...is the SL too brutal for occasional use as a GT?

Any help would be appreciated.

in straight line speed the SL is not much faster than 06+ regular G. but around the track the SL would be far better id assume.

in straight line speed the SL is not much faster than 06+ regular G. but around the track the SL would be far better id assume.

I have yet to drive a SL 'hard'....does it feel that much different vs a normal G? Thats pretty much the bottom line question..

Thanks!

I have yet to drive a SL 'hard'....does it feel that much different vs a normal G? Thats pretty much the bottom line question..

Thanks!

Had an '07 coupe that I drove 1700 miles. Traded it for an SL

which I have driven about 600 miles.

SL - egear shifts faster

SL - Feels lighter

SL - Sounds better

Never tracked either so I can't comment on handeling but both are great.

SL CCB brakes are a bit grabby but I would still recommend them based

on perormance, looks and lack of brake dust.

To me there is just something about the SL that make the overall experience better.

Yes, it's worth the difference. Much more rewarding driving experience, both on the road and on the track. I posted the following in the general section in response to a similar question, only this time comparing it to a 560. Hope it helps.

"The SL takes some time getting use to on the street, especially if you have the CCBs. A little heat and learning to gently squeeze the brakes will overcome that problem. As a previous poster said, it is not as refined as a 560, but, then, it was not meant to be refined. I've owned a regular Gallardo and now own an SL, and you can certainly feel the lightness of the SL, especially the unsprung weight reduction in the wheels (5lbs each, I think). Also, you would be hard-pressed to find a better looking interior than the SL in its price class. It's simply marvelous.

The thing I like best about the SL is when you hit the sport mode button. Wow! That's when this car comes alive in both performance and handling. I've never been able to find out exactly how quickly it shifts in sport mode, but my guess is about 100 milliseconds. I know it's faster than my previous F430, which was about 150 milliseconds. Maybe someone on the board has exact numbers.

I've only driven a 560 on demo drive, so don't know that much detail. All I can tell you is, it would be pretty hard to top the driving experience of the SL."

Thanks guys, this is the sort of info I was after. I had a Porsche GT3 and the diff between a GT3 and a normal 911 was significant. In every way. I suspect the differences between the SL and non-SL G are far more subtle. I did come across a video on YT from Top Gear where their conclusion is that the diff isnt worth the added price. Now, thats based on MSRP...not used depreciated prices. Looks like I can get a SL for maybe $20ish more vs a non-G. Not too bad.

Yes, it's worth the difference. Much more rewarding driving experience, both on the road and on the track. I posted the following in the general section in response to a similar question, only this time comparing it to a 560. Hope it helps.

"The SL takes some time getting use to on the street, especially if you have the CCBs. A little heat and learning to gently squeeze the brakes will overcome that problem. As a previous poster said, it is not as refined as a 560, but, then, it was not meant to be refined. I've owned a regular Gallardo and now own an SL, and you can certainly feel the lightness of the SL, especially the unsprung weight reduction in the wheels (5lbs each, I think). Also, you would be hard-pressed to find a better looking interior than the SL in its price class. It's simply marvelous.

The thing I like best about the SL is when you hit the sport mode button. Wow! That's when this car comes alive in both performance and handling. I've never been able to find out exactly how quickly it shifts in sport mode, but my guess is about 100 milliseconds. I know it's faster than my previous F430, which was about 150 milliseconds. Maybe someone on the board has exact numbers.

I've only driven a 560 on demo drive, so don't know that much detail. All I can tell you is, it would be pretty hard to top the driving experience of the SL."

The SL is the better Lamborghini.

You can't compare the two...The interior on the SL screams Lambo. The ride isn't bad at all, and I actuall like the SL seats better than the G seats.

Do whatever you have to do, get the SL.

The SL is the better Lamborghini.

You can't compare the two...The interior on the SL screams Lambo. The ride isn't bad at all, and I actuall like the SL seats better than the G seats.

Do whatever you have to do, get the SL.

That is now my intention.

Did some homework...seems that the high $130s is the market for a clean 08. Found 2 sold comps...

With that said, there are a load for sale for tons more. I called on a few and the dealers all told me to....'make an offer'. Seems that many of these dudes are upside down in their inventory SLs.

You guys know of any other recent solds?

Also, do you guys know anything about the dealer in Vegas? I am being told that they are going under...which would really suck as they would be my local dealer. AND that dealership is simply stunning. The coolest dealership I have ever seen....

Also, do you guys know anything about the dealer in Vegas? I am being told that they are going under...which would really suck as they would be my local dealer. AND that dealership is simply stunning. The coolest dealership I have ever seen....

Where did you hear that?? I've been talking to Ben over there.

Where did you hear that?? I've been talking to Ben over there.

Guys in the business told me this...so "who knows". I bet its the usual BS banter...and...at the time the dude was trying to sell me a Ferrari soooooooo......

Guys in the business told me this...so "who knows". I bet its the usual BS banter...and...at the time the dude was trying to sell me a Ferrari soooooooo......

They have already closed their doors except for their service center which is due to close in a few months. Both locations, of Symbolic Las Vegas are closed. Their operations are all in San Diego now.

They have already closed their doors except for their service center which is due to close in a few months. Both locations, of Symbolic Las Vegas are closed. Their operations are all in San Diego now.

Oh I was thinking Lambo LV. NM.

That is now my intention.

Did some homework...seems that the high $130s is the market for a clean 08. Found 2 sold comps...

With that said, there are a load for sale for tons more. I called on a few and the dealers all told me to....'make an offer'. Seems that many of these dudes are upside down in their inventory SLs.

wow, 2008's in the 130's, thats seems low

$130K's is very low. I cannot imagine you will find anything in that range (SL or non-SL) that is worth owning unless someone is completely oblivious to the market. $140K's...maybe for a car with high miles or some other "story."

JJB

$130K's is very low. I cannot imagine you will find anything in that range (SL or non-SL) that is worth owning unless someone is completely oblivious to the market. $140K's...maybe for a car with high miles or some other "story."

JJB

What would a 10,000 mile Lambo NA demo car be worth?

Hi Guys,

Been going back and forth between a 430 vs a G. Well, G wins. Much better for what we are after.

Now on to the next question (and YES, I searched for this topic)...I LOVE the badass nature of the SL. But, the price diff is still pretty steep. I have seen a couple SLs sell for $135-139. Car dealer friend of mine sold one (in a week) for $139 with 2500 miles...perfect car. You guys know what 06+ Gs are selling for.

Is the SL worth the diff?

We would actually drive this thing often...is the SL too brutal for occasional use as a GT?

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you get the Superleggera yet? I would try to pick up a Superleggera as soon as possible if I were you. I think you are too optimistic with the price mentioned above because I just got an offer from a dealership for $150k (straight buyout without trade in for anything) and that is without me haggle with them. Good luck!

Did you get the Superleggera yet? I would try to pick up a Superleggera as soon as possible if I were you. I think you are too optimistic with the price mentioned above because I just got an offer from a dealership for $150k (straight buyout without trade in for anything) and that is without me haggle with them. Good luck!

You guys are right....my buy estimate was about $20k low. Will let you know when I find one.