Credit Card Advice

bijanmaleki

So I have a business card from my bank. They have been overly good to us as my business partners other venture makes him their largest customer. They have given us 2% cashback on all purchases 0% interest for a year, and 9.24% after that, no yearly fees. Talked to AMEX today, they recommended the Plum and Platinum cards to us. Plum offers 1.5% back when balance is paid 10 days before statement. Platinum it seems offers most of the benefits of the centurion without the massive amounts of attention, prestige, or yearly fees. I am not to crazy about the platinums $450 yearly fee (what can I say I am a tight ass, thats $500 closer to a gallardo) but obviously like the "bling" factor and the concierge service for when we travel. Anyone else have any insights, recommendations or other credit cards they advise? I put between 50-80k a month on my cards that is paid off at the end of the month, and am experiencing high growth in sales. As I spread out me range of distribution I fully expect to double that within the next year. Thanks.

I charge low six figures a month on my Black Amex and can say it is worth it. 1.5% cash back is nice but if you travel the points pretty much make the 1.5% figure a wash. 50k points gets you a coach rountrip ticket in the US and 100k gets you a first class.

If it were me I would do the Platnium card and if $500 a year gets you closer to that G then you need to make more $$$. ;)

I gotcha, I just started my business about a year ago. After all this sweat, blood, and tears I still am afraid to pay myself. My mentor is the kinda guy that is worth 9 figures(owns a public hotel chain, hospitality management company, real estate development company, etc.) and still eats at the dollar menu and was flustered buying a sl500 in 2003. Thought we were dumb for dropping as much as we did on eleanor, which we were(but a dream is a dream). I guess after 4 years of scraping by and working several jobs to get through engineering and B school I am just a super tightwad. Im still reinvesting in my business way more than a lavish lifestyle currently. But for the first time in my life if I want I could pay myself 13-20k a month if I didnt reinvest in myself and just covered overhead.