LP 560-4 Stereo upgrade ?

Jokke

Hey forum, does anybody have any experience with upgrading the speakers ?.

I mean the sounds is doable, but compared to my old 911 with bose sound system.

Its just not very good. So any experience here with upgrading the speakers to better ones ?.

Im talking about simply changing the speaker unit to something better.

What size speakers, and how difficult to replace ?.

Thanks

Hey forum, does anybody have any experience with upgrading the speakers ?.

I mean the sounds is doable, but compared to my old 911 with bose sound system.

Its just not very good. So any experience here with upgrading the speakers to better ones ?.

Im talking about simply changing the speaker unit to something better.

What size speakers, and how difficult to replace ?.

Thanks

I put in a set of Focal's. Can't remember the model number off hand, will have to find the box. Pretty easy to do yourself, took me about 3 hours. I cut up the old speakers to make a mount for the Focal woofers. The tweeters are pretty much a direct replacement. Sound is greatly improved.

Edit

Think I used these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-FOCAL-1...ZCarQ5fSpeakers

I'm not sure what size the LP has but I replaced the system in my 04 with a Pioneer touch sceen unit, and changed the door speakers. I ended up adding a JL sub between the seats since the sound was better but still not great.

Hertz Hi energy or Mille are the way to go in that car. Amazing speakers for an amazing car. I prefer them over the focals any day.

Hertz Hi energy or Mille are the way to go in that car. Amazing speakers for an amazing car. I prefer them over the focals any day.

I haven't heard the Hertz speakers personally, but from what I can gather they are most likely better than Focals.

The issue I have with Focals (especially the Utopia line) is they are so damn harsh sounding. To a novice listener it may sound like it has a lot of "detail" but try to live with it for a few hours and report back. :icon_mrgreen:

If you had to go with Focal, stay away from Utopia....K2P would be the line to go with.

Whether you agree with me or not, the fact remains that the Utopia line is a $hitload of money....like $3000. :shock:

Speaker sets I like in no particular order:

Boston Acoustics Z6

Morel Elate

DLS Iridium

Polk SR6500

And it's silly to upgrade to high end speakers and not get an amp.

Ahh okay thanks, I had a complete Hertz system in my old Mercedes SL, and damn man that was the best sound system ever.

So i would most likely go with them again. I just gotta find out how hard the originals are to replace.

Here are so pics of the SL installation, notice the Hertz speakers behind the seat also.

hertz1.jpg

hertz2.jpg

hertz3.jpg

James- I'd like to order a set of Hertz Hi Energy for my Spyder. Do you happen to know what model #'s i need to order?