Computer Infected With Horrible Virus

WheelsRCool

So there's actually somebody watching every move you make and controlling the virus to f.ck with you??

It possible, albeit seldom. And not in so many ways you might think. More like knowing when you're on the internet (cause the virus can send an update) and ghosting your movements and inputted info, like passwords and such. Saving where you've been and what you entered (keystrokes). I havent seen anyone able to move your mouse for you, YET, but they can try to block you manually or the virus is just well programmed to stop certain things and deactivate access to things like virus scanners and such. That's why "Safe-Mode" is imperative. It like going backstage behind the windows and re-wiring whats on the screen. The virus cant go there.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try it again in safe mode. You dont need networking now if you have Spybot on the comp now. Try it again. Full scan and go watch TV or do something else. Of Course It'll be slow, its scanning. Dont try to surf or anything let it run it's course. Ive removed that virus more than once.

And yes, buy some protection that is NOT Norton or McAfee. Or get an Apple...

Well yes, I understand the scan will make it slow, but it was slow simply from being on my computer period it seemed. After the scan, I tried to have it delete the bad things it found, and the whole thing just froze up. I am thinking of trying a scan with a program called Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, I have read some say that works well to get rid of this virus too (if it is still in my system).

Thankyou for your help though, will see if this new program works.

OH MAN I am reeeallllly dumb, well I went looking to watch that TV show again, and ended up stumbling upon the same site by accident (Hulu - BE CAREFUL!!) anyhow, I had Spyware Doctor in place and a war broke out. Spyware Doctor immediately starts sending up constant BLOCK messages saying a "Severe" threat is trying to break in and write to the registry, it blocked it, but the program kept trying over and over and over again, it eventually died down a bit, but kept trying every minute or so. I had to re-start the computer and it finally stopped (WHEW!!).

I tried using Spybot to clean out the system, but it slowed my computer to a crawl and then froze up after doing the scan and wouldn't get rid of the spyware it identified, so I had to get rid of it, any other decent programs I can try? I am thinking of purchasing Spyware Doctor (right now the version I have just blocks out invaders, but doesn't get rid of ones already in the system).

I am thinking I will just get an external HD, then transfer all my important stuff to it, then just do a System Recovery to be safe...?

So Swil, this Personal Antivirus is still present, it has just entered a "second stage" where it pretends to disappear (or does disappear, but leaves behind other viruses) to track your information...?

I also will learn to format my HD.

As for AOL, I don't use AOL per se, just I have a huge Favorite Places list on AOL right now and I can't transfer that list at all, so if I want to look at it, I go on AOL.

GET YOURSELF MALWAREBYTES ANTI MALWARE

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti...&tag=button

I am a tech working for a large corporation (won't name it). We see this ALL the time.

Malwarebytes gets rid of the majority of these viruses. its the best software i've seen to get rid of fake malware protection viruses.

after running a full scan reboot the computer into safe mode and reinstall spy-bot search and destroy.

There is a function called imunization in spybot. it protects you from being able to access the sites that host malware in the first place.

That combination is the best setup i've seen so far.

NEVER buy software that is recommended to remove a specific virus. Chances are its a scheme. Lots of time the software that you buy to remove the virus is made by the same people that made the virus in the first place. Its like extortion on the internet.

If this fails, then do what many other poeple recommended. Format you computer. if its over a year old, a format will help speed it up anyway.

Windows has a tendency to fall apart after about a year. It's a good idea to reload once a year.